PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones to Premiere in OKC

Viking Kitten
5/2/2008, 02:16 PM
Sorry if this is a repost, but this is just so frickin' cool! I've just been told that Harrison Ford is definitely coming for the May 18 premiere. HELL YES!

This benefits the Children's Center in Bethany, that place is amazing in what they do for kids. Look at their website (http://www.thechildrens-center.org/index.html) to see why all these Hollywood types support it with these kinds of events:

New 'Indiana Jones' movie to debut in Oklahoma City

BETHANY — The premier of the movie "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will be May 18 in Oklahoma City, and proceeds from the special opening will benefit a local children's hospital, officials announced this morning.

The benefit event is being organized by movie producer Frank Marshall, who debuted his movies "The Bourne Ultimatum," "The Bourne Supremacy" and "Eight Below" in Oklahoma City. Those premiers benefited The Children's Center, a nonprofit hospital for children with complex medical and physical problems. The "Indiana Jones" film opening also will benefit the hospital, said Scott Coppenbarger, communications director for the center.

The location and ticket prices haven't been determined, Coppenbarger said.

No announcements have been made about which actors, if any, will attend the Oklahoma City showing, Coppenbarger said. Marshall attended the past premieres, and actor Matt Damon attended "The Bourne Ultimatum" event.

The movie, starring Harrison Ford and directed by Steven Spielberg, is the fourth installment of the "Indiana Jones" series. The most recent installment debuted in 1989. Marshall announced the resurrection of the series while he was in Oklahoma City for "The Bourne Ultimatum" premier.

SoonerInKCMO
5/2/2008, 02:30 PM
If Harrison Ford is going to be there, wouldn't it be more appropriate for the beneficiary to be some sort of geriatric care unit rather than a children's hospital? :confused:

Viking Kitten
5/2/2008, 02:35 PM
I will harbor prebuescent love pangs for him until the day I die.

He will always be this to me:

http://images.wolfgangsvault.com/images/catalog/detail/RS346-RS.jpg

Rawr.

dolemitesooner
5/2/2008, 03:06 PM
I'd hit it

frankensooner
5/2/2008, 03:26 PM
Wow, cool. Thanks for the info.

yermom
5/2/2008, 03:29 PM
i know someone who would sell a kidney to get tickets to this :D

crawfish
5/2/2008, 03:31 PM
I will harbor prebuescent love pangs for him until the day I die.

He will always be this to me:

http://images.wolfgangsvault.com/images/catalog/detail/RS346-RS.jpg

Rawr.

It's the whip, isn't it?

dolemitesooner
5/2/2008, 05:38 PM
i know someone who would sell a kidney to get tickets to this :D

would he really?

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 05:42 PM
IJ makes all us old farts feel good about being ourselves. If a 60 year-old d00d can still kick a$$ and get the girl in the movies, and people clamor to see it, there's hope for me and Deano-o!:texan:

Viking Kitten
5/2/2008, 05:49 PM
Don't think I've forgotten about that pic you posted of yourself in your flight suit ca. 1984, Homey. Rawr, indeed. :D

If I remember correctly, that picture was taken at Vance AFB. Which means there is a very good chance you got scoped out by a young and impressionable VK and her Air Force brat friends hanging out on base.

King Crimson
5/2/2008, 05:52 PM
nostalgia is a cruel master.

Viking Kitten
5/2/2008, 06:04 PM
You know that thing people do when they roll their eyes and make a fist in a simulated "jerking off"-type motion?

I'm doing that right now.

bri
5/2/2008, 06:13 PM
You know that thing people do when they roll their eyes and make a fist in a simulated "jerking off"-type motion?

Hot.

Are you also putting on your robe and wizard hat?

King Crimson
5/2/2008, 06:22 PM

so, it's not about nostalgia, but great expectations from Spielberg and Han Solo?

it's about something else?

BudSooner
5/3/2008, 06:12 AM
Hot.

Are you also putting on your robe and wizard hat?

Heh, ****...thanks now theres Pepsi all over the monitor.:D

bri
5/3/2008, 11:58 AM
That's why the classics are classics, my friend.

King Crimson
5/3/2008, 12:04 PM
That's why the the big budget movies i saw when i was a kid in the 80's are what i consider classics and i'm all about pop culture nostalgia, my friend.

FTFY.

bri
5/3/2008, 01:41 PM
Um, I was referring to the "robe and wizard hat" joke.

You know, you can throttle down the "pretentious, stand-offish hipster" setting on occasion. It is the weekend, after all.

King Crimson
5/3/2008, 01:56 PM
Um, I was referring to the "robe and wizard hat" joke.

You know, you can throttle down the "pretentious, stand-offish hipster" setting on occasion. It is the weekend, after all.

if i'm much better at it than you, hate the game....

OU-HSV
5/23/2008, 10:52 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

As a sidenote, I just watched the movie Disturbia. We DVR'd it a few weeks ago and finally watched it. I thought it was a great movie. At the least it was the best suspense type of movie I've seen in a long time.

OUTromBoNado
5/24/2008, 01:00 AM
I had high hopes for this movie....unfortunately, I thought it was sorely lacking. Sure, there were some great action scenes that reminded me of the best of Indy, but for every one of those moments, there were 10 more that made me roll my eyes and made me want to walk out.

One of the biggest plot twists should have been a closely guarded secret...but the writers let the cat out of the bag 2 years ago. And the whole premise... aliens, f*cking aliens, give me a physical break.

This movie really is a prime example of the problem with Hollywood. Old franchises are resurrected and are basically made on name only. They throw together some half-cocked story that doesn't fit, makes no sense, and is so over-the-top it's not even funny. They use the name to get us in the seats...and it works.

But, in the end, will I keep going to see this crap they keep shoveling out? Sure, I will....because I'll be entertained a lot longer than I will be staying at home with my right hand.:pop:

In conclusion, The Last Crusade should have been The Last Crusade. 2 horsepigs out of 5.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7178/wholepk6.pnghttp://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7178/wholepk6.png

SoonerAtKU
5/24/2008, 08:30 AM
I've heard this described as "The best 'Mummy' movie of the series."

I'm still seein' it.

SeattleOUstudent
5/25/2008, 10:39 AM
Did he end up coming to Bethany?

Oh, and I thought the movie sucked.

BigRedJed
5/25/2008, 11:49 AM
What? Nobody has thrown in a "her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard" reference yet? You people never fail to disappoint me.

SteelClip49
5/25/2008, 12:03 PM
This is one movie where I have heard a plethora of good and bad mixed reviews. The whole alien thing was a bit wack then again, it's Steven Spielberg. But the swinging from the vines literally made me laugh in disbelief. I also thought the whole mannequin family part in the little residential area was a bit weird...then again, it's Steven Spielberg. I liked the movie but I thought Shia Lebeauf's role was a bit retarded.

OUTromBoNado
5/25/2008, 09:53 PM
I also thought the whole mannequin family part in the little residential area was a bit weird...then again, it's Steven Spielberg.

Actually, it wasn't weird at all. They really did build small towns complete with mannequins like that when they tested the nukes. They were supposed to be the nuclear version of a crash test dummy.

GottaHavePride
5/25/2008, 10:03 PM
I've heard this described as "The best 'Mummy' movie of the series."

I'm still seein' it.

Hell no. The upcoming Mummy movie with Jet Li is going to be AWESOME. ;)

Oh, and I'm STILL going to see Indy.

yermom
5/25/2008, 10:13 PM
what was weird was the being saved in a refrigerator and scaring the groundhog or whatever that was from the beginning of the movie

Mutt is Henry Jones III and doesn't know? really?

and is it really necessary to fly your Harley to South America? that reeks of Fonzie :D

GottaHavePride
5/25/2008, 10:26 PM
Addendum:

The upcoming Mummy 3 is going to be win and awesome EXCEPT for the presence of Maria Bello instead of Rachel Weisz.

Viking Kitten
5/25/2008, 11:50 PM
Okay, yeah, it was kind of mediocre, but whatever. My eight-year-old son loved it. As we left the theatre, he actually thanked me for introducing him to Indiana Jones via the original trilogy so that he could appreciate this one. That alone made it worth the price of admission as far as I'm concerned.

I did have to threaten severe punishment when he said it was better than Raiders though.

yermom
5/26/2008, 12:40 AM
Addendum:

The upcoming Mummy 3 is going to be win and awesome EXCEPT for the presence of Maria Bello instead of Rachel Weisz.

upgrade.

Czar Soonerov
5/26/2008, 12:44 AM
upgrade.

http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/36/25/52/18760624.jpg