PDA

View Full Version : Stoop Troup and other knee surgery survivors

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 10:32 AM
ACL surgery is May 16th...I can't put it off any longer

StoopTroup
5/2/2008, 10:34 AM
Your in my prayers for a quick recovery STEP.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks.....I know we talked about this before but is it outpatient now?

StoopTroup
5/2/2008, 10:38 AM
Yes.

I was feeling good the next day of course I was pumped full of loritab. :D

LilSooner
5/2/2008, 10:40 AM
Just make sure you do your rehab, and you will be fine.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah I m sure I will be too. I hope I can get back to work soon..I told them to ampute and give me one of these

http://www.bigredmoon.com/leggun.gif

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2008, 10:58 AM
Mine was on 4/1 and I'm still walking a little funny(funnier than usual). I have to agree with Lil' about the rehab. I didn't think that I needed it, probably because I was pumped full of Lortab for the first week. It's definitely a surgery that you'd want to strictly follow the Doc's orders IMO. Good luck and prayer's sent.

ADs_Agent
5/2/2008, 11:02 AM
Make sure you get a Knee CPM, it's Durable Medical Equipment you rent, who's your Dr if you don't mind me asking?

Fugue
5/2/2008, 11:06 AM
Make sure you get a Knee CPM, it's Durable Medical Equipment you rent, who's your Dr if you don't mind me asking?

Is that the little cooler?

I'm about 10th in line giving this advise but do your rehab.

:les: REHAB!

StoopTroup
5/2/2008, 11:07 AM
There were hawt babes where I did my rehab.

I never missed a visit. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 11:18 AM
How quickly after surgery does the rehab start? I did the rehab after my first surgery on it, so I m sure I will keep up with it...

I forgot the name of the surgeon...He's in Ft Smith

frankensooner
5/2/2008, 11:19 AM
Are they using cadaver parts on you? That will ultimately turn you into a zombie, you know that, it is in the literature.

I turned my foot around backwards a few years ago. It sucks being on crutches, but you will get good at it. Here is to a speedy recovery!

tommieharris91
5/2/2008, 11:20 AM
So... the consensus is don't be Amy Winehouse and go to rehab?

ADs_Agent
5/2/2008, 12:17 PM
Is that the little cooler?

I'm about 10th in line giving this advise but do your rehab.

:les: REHAB!

Cryo pack is good too helps with the swelling

CPM is Continual Passive Motion and it speeds up your recovery time by FAR!

Cam
5/2/2008, 01:01 PM
Good luck with the surgery.

Get yourself one of these (http://www.dme-direct.com/breg-polar-care-kodiak-cold-therapy/), you'll be glad you did.

http://www.dme-direct.com/catalog/images/Breg_Kodiak.jpg

ADs_Agent
5/2/2008, 01:44 PM
How quickly after surgery does the rehab start? I did the rehab after my first surgery on it, so I m sure I will keep up with it...

If you're having an ACLR you should be discharged same day as surgery and receive a CPM machine that you'll begin working with that night.

StoopTroup
5/3/2008, 11:10 AM

Mine started 2 weeks after the surgery but I had to convince the Dr. to send me. I think he thought I should just be OK in a couple of weeks and be right back to work crawling around on my knees and climbing ladders.

He thought I was on a Worker's Comp claim for some reason.

If you have it done under Workers Comp...God Bless You.

I did 5 weeks of therapy after that and then returned to work.

I'm glad I took the time to heal.

I still was only at a 50% load factor when I went back.

My surgery was 1/31/08 and I am now able to tolerate kneeling with a thick kneepad. I can't do it all day but if I just need to get low to fix something, I can now.

I never got a Cool machine.

I feel used. :O

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 12:05 PM
Good luck with the surgery.

Get yourself one of these (http://www.dme-direct.com/breg-polar-care-kodiak-cold-therapy/), you'll be glad you did.

http://www.dme-direct.com/catalog/images/Breg_Kodiak.jpg

I scored me one of these and it came in today just in time....So thanks for letting me know about it..

BTW, Dont forget to say your prayers for the ol pimp tomorrow

OU4LIFE
5/15/2008, 12:11 PM
tons has changed since I had three replaced more'n 20 years ago.....

pimpin ain't easy, do your rehab.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/15/2008, 12:16 PM
I know when I tore it (12 years ago) the surgery sounded a lot more grueling than it does now...still is gonna suck though..

I guess I will have time to watch the seinfield seasons 1-7 that I recently purchased

OU4LIFE
5/15/2008, 12:59 PM
It's like a little extended vacation, only with more pain.

good luck dude.

Cam
5/15/2008, 07:58 PM
I scored me one of these and it came in today just in time....So thanks for letting me know about it..

BTW, Dont forget to say your prayers for the ol pimp tomorrow

Awesome, hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

I'm sure you'll be fine man, they give you some really damn good drugs. :)

I got my cast off Tuesday and started PT today. I should be walking without crutches by the end of next week easy. :D:D:D:D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 01:47 PM
Surgery went well..just got home....6'4 so trying to fit in the car after it was over quite the chore as well as getting out of it..

I m must be doped pretty good.I m watching Larry the Cable Guy in Health Inspector and I m laughing

StoopTroup
5/16/2008, 01:58 PM
Glad to here things went well.

I woke up this morning at 3 am and went to the ER.

Doctors think I have "Trigeminal Neuralgia" in my face/jaw on the right side. I swear...I think I'm cursed. ;)

Remember...don't get behind the pain and try to do catch up with the pain killers. Get blasted now for better enjoyment later. :D

Trigeminal neuralgia is universally acknowledged as one of the most painful afflictions known to adults, affecting thousands of Americans each year. A form of microvascular nerve compression, trigeminal neuralgia causes episodes of intense, stabbing, electric shock-like facial pain. The pain results from blood vessels coming into contact with the fifth cranial (trigeminal) nerve and applying pressure to the nerve. The shock of this excruciating pain can actually cause a sufferer's head to snap back, or it can immobilize the individual. The pain attacks viciously and without warning. Left untreated it tends to worsen over time.

Checkout the Treatment section on the WebMD link. :eek:

WebMD (http://www.cedars-sinai.edu/5389.html?OVRAW=trigemic%20neuralgia&OVKEY=trigeminal%20neuralgia&OVMTC=advanced&OVADID=24985061511&OVKWID=188934578511)

StoopTroup
5/16/2008, 02:36 PM
I think Crown Royal and painkillers will cure it. ;)

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 07:18 PM
that will cure anything

Newbomb Turk
5/16/2008, 07:43 PM
note to self - do not put "stoop" in username.

stoops the eternal pimp
5/16/2008, 07:47 PM
good point

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 02:36 AM
looks like no sleep for me tonight...yippee

Turd_Ferguson
5/17/2008, 07:44 AM
IMO, don't work it too hard while your on the pain med's. I think that's what my problem was. The first four day's after surgery, I was walking almost normal. I then spent the next week on crutches and the past two months limping. Someone here had the best advice in another post.....REHAB, REHAB, REHAB. Good luck.

StoopTroup
5/17/2008, 08:23 AM
Do not try to have the secs on your knees.

StoopTroup
5/17/2008, 08:24 AM
note to self - do not put "stoop" in username.

Would Switzer be OK?

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
5/17/2008, 10:24 AM
Do not try to have the secs on your knees.

Don't plan on it..we ve been doin some research......

I forgot to tell ya they told me that my meniscus was also ripped but not torn...from all the years I guess having no acl i messed it up...said my cartlidge was rough whatever that means....I guess they said the meniscus could heal itself now..not sure