stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 08:35 AM
I wonder if LM used his same good eye for character that he used on P Elliott

OUDoc
5/2/2008, 08:36 AM
I will believe he is off the team for good when one of these two things happen:

1) the regular season starts, and he is not on the sidelines in a uniform

2) Jerry Jones signs him in the supplemental draft

If Miles says he's gone, he's definitely coming back.

cheezyq
5/2/2008, 08:47 AM
It was the third suspension for Perrilloux, who was considered the favorite to succeed Matt Flynn as the Tigers' starting quarterback. Perrillous led LSU to two victories -- including the Southeastern Conference championship game -- when Flynn, a senior, was injured during the 2007 season.

Dang, even ESPN is smackin' on the kid. ;)

schlanker
5/2/2008, 09:46 AM
He should have kept his original commitment to UT he would have fit in perfectly.

sooner518
5/2/2008, 09:52 AM
the first user comment on ESPN is hysterical:
"For all you LSU haters out there, pay attention... this is how you do it. If you don't nip these things in the bud, you quickly become the University of Miami. Forever LSU!"

what a moran

mizzOUstu702
5/2/2008, 11:24 AM
What's worse--Ryan Perrilloux doing drugs, or Brett Rhomar jackin' money? Toss up! Perrilloux did a lot of other stuff I guess...but Bomar IS Bomar...

BillyBall
5/2/2008, 11:29 AM
Perrilloux did a lot of other stuff I guess...

You guess? He got kicked off a Les Miles team for God's sake, I thought you had to make the FBI's top 10 list to have that happen.

soonerinabilene
5/2/2008, 11:37 AM
What's worse--Ryan Perrilloux doing drugs, or Brett Rhomar jackin' money? Toss up! Perrilloux did a lot of other stuff I guess...but Bomar IS Bomar...

Bomar was kicked off immediately. He wasnt given 5 chances to grow up. He wasnt suspended during the offseason and then allowed to come back when the season started. He was kicked off, went to 1AA, and has matured and tried to become a better person because of it. Perriloux has gotten more immature as time has gone on, starting with the way he handled his UT decommit up to now.

batonrougesooner
5/2/2008, 11:44 AM
In other news...

Prentice Elliott submitted his application to LSU today.

mizzOUstu702
5/2/2008, 11:48 AM
Bomar was kicked off immediately. He wasnt given 5 chances to grow up. He wasnt suspended during the offseason and then allowed to come back when the season started. He was kicked off, went to 1AA, and has matured and tried to become a better person because of it. Perriloux has gotten more immature as time has gone on, starting with the way he handled his UT decommit up to now.

Truth! Perrilloux wins. Tell him what he's won, Johnny: "A wonderful, new opportunity at a Division I-AA school! Followed by repeated criticisms of your character and a Pac-man Jones-like falling out with the NFL, if you even make it there! Congratulations!"

Jacie
5/2/2008, 02:30 PM
Remember that RP initially committed to the whorns but switched to LSU late in the recruiting process, costing saxet a shot at another high profile qb prospect. They were pretty chapped about it at the time but you know they are weeping tears of relief now.

soonerfan28
5/2/2008, 02:47 PM
So when does he he show up at Texas.

SoonerStormchaser
5/2/2008, 02:53 PM
I hear Mack Brown has already made a few calls...and already arranged him with a private tour of the Austin jail so he can familiarize himself with it.

rainiersooner
5/2/2008, 03:07 PM
I see arena football in someone's future!!!

Chinese-Bandit
5/2/2008, 03:09 PM
Bomar was kicked off immediately. He wasnt given 5 chances to grow up. He wasnt suspended during the offseason and then allowed to come back when the season started. He was kicked off, went to 1AA, and has matured and tried to become a better person because of it.

I could be wrong I think Bomar's situation involved a pretty serious infraction of NCAA rules. But I'm sure if he'd been caught skipping class instead Stoops would still have kicked him off the first time it happened. Yah.

soonerinabilene
5/2/2008, 03:15 PM
I could be wrong I think Bomar's situation involved a pretty serious infraction of NCAA rules. But I'm sure if he'd been caught skipping class instead Stoops would still have kicked him off the first time it happened. Yah.

Yah. Or at least made his suspension during the regular season instead of in between spring training and fall practice. Or at the very least not delay it a week so he could play against a top 25 team and then sit out the next week against a bottom dwellar. yah.yah.yah.

OUDoc
5/2/2008, 03:52 PM

Les doesn't give a **** if he went to class, and look at his time at osu if you think he cares about character. Ryan must have done something pretty bad to have someone like Les "permanently suspend" as many times as he has. :rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2008, 04:07 PM
Ryan must have done something pretty bad to have someone like Les "permanently suspend" as many times as he has. :rolleyes:
He sure did (http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2008/05/02/perrilloux-gone/)

set fire to Les Miles house, eaten his dog, and then flossing his teeth with Mrs. Miles gold tennis bracelets

ric311
5/2/2008, 06:38 PM
Looks like Hawaii just found their next quarterback.

bluedogok
5/2/2008, 08:33 PM
Remember that RP initially committed to the whorns but switched to LSU late in the recruiting process, costing saxet a shot at another high profile qb prospect. They were pretty chapped about it at the time but you know they are weeping tears of relief now.
The Whorns in my office are pretty happy that he didn't come to Austin. In their words, we have enough of that crap already.

Scott D
5/2/2008, 11:09 PM
Les doesn't give a **** if he went to class, and look at his time at osu if you think he cares about character. Ryan must have done something pretty bad to have someone like Les "permanently suspend" as many times as he has. :rolleyes:

To be fair, I doubt Leslie had a choice. It was probably a violation of school rules, and Leslie got them to bend the rules enough for Perrilloux to finish the semester (a week or so).

Flagstaffsooner
5/3/2008, 04:40 AM
Wonder what RP is doing tonight? Too bad lSu can no longer be awarded Fulmer Cup points for him.

Jacie
5/4/2008, 08:04 AM
CHRIS DUFRESNE / ON COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Across the country, LSU Coach Les Miles finally gets rid of troubled quarterback Ryan Perrilloux, a positive development for the defending national champions.
May 3, 2008

In jettisoning Perrilloux, LSU was able to completely remove its cancer. Perrilloux is a big-time talent and was expected to become next fall's starter as the Tigers try to repeat as national champions.

But he was more trouble than he was worth. Perrilloux, remember, dramatically spurned an oral commitment to Texas and switched hats to LSU.

It was, by far, the best recruit Longhorns' Coach Mack Brown never got.

USA Today this week had the best line on Perrilloux: "The junior-to-be has been suspended more times (three) than he has started (two).

"Ryan was given every opportunity to be part of this football team," Miles said in a statement.

Miles gave Perrilloux more chances than he deserved, but everyone knows you tolerate talent longer than you tolerate a walk-on.

With a BCS title-belt already in hand, Miles had less personal pressure to make this definitive move, even if it means possibly now starting Andrew Hatch, a transfer quarterback . . . from Harvard.

tulsaoilerfan
5/4/2008, 02:59 PM
What exactly has this guy done in college to make anyone think he would be a good starter anyway? I think Lester State is better off without his dumb dope smoking ***