PDA

View Full Version : Tough? My guy is tough.

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 07:49 AM
Here's my guy being pulled out of a Hanoi lake by Victor Charlie in this October, 1967 file photo. He had broken both arms and his right knee upon ejection, losing consciousness until he hit the water.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9816/uu33131290vb1.jpg

Here's my guy in the Hanoi Hilton being treated for his bail-out injuries by one of Charlie's medics.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8527/43395494yo9.png

You wanna tough Chief Executive.

P.S. There may be some pics somewhere showing him under sniper fire in Bosnia, but he hasn't mentioned it.

sooneron
5/2/2008, 08:28 AM
Now he's just old and grumpy.

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 08:41 AM
In addition to those injuries, I believe he was also tortured - having both shoulders dislocated by tying his arms behind his back and then wetting the leather holding them so it would slowly shrink and slowly dislocate his shoulders. Amongst other really groovy medieval ****.

Let's see, am I gonna vote for an American hero, the pathetic wife of a whoring pervert, or a shady racist that talks purty?

Decisions decisions....

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 08:44 AM
By his own admission, he's "older than dirt and has more scars than Frankenstein." That's the kinda guy I want running this country. Srsly.

yermom
5/2/2008, 08:56 AM
i can't wait until the election's over

i don't think i really care that much as long as it's not Hillary

and Homey you are starting to tread into Tuba/Rush territory. did you buy their handbook? ;)

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2008, 08:59 AM
and Homey you are starting to tread into Tuba/Rush territory. did you buy their handbook? ;)

:pop:

5/2/2008, 09:16 AM
Considering what is at stake, I think it is warranted.

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/2/2008, 09:37 AM
This is total bull**** guys don't believe it... Jane Fonda visited these guys and said they were treated beyond great. I don't know about you guys but I ALWAYS take Hollywood's view on things. Who am I going to believe...a man who admittingly was trying to kill the sweet innocent Vietnamese..or a women who gave us 10 minute buns...I don't see a decision there!!!

OKC-SLC
5/2/2008, 11:13 AM
In addition to those injuries, I believe he was also tortured - having both shoulders dislocated by tying his arms behind his back and then wetting the leather holding them so it would slowly shrink and slowly dislocate his shoulders. Amongst other really groovy medieval ****.

Let's see, am I gonna vote for an American hero, the pathetic wife of a whoring pervert, or a shady racist that talks purty?

Decisions decisions....

It's embarrassing to think that there are Americans who struggle with this decision.

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 11:20 AM
i can't wait until the election's over

i don't think i really care that much as long as it's not Hillary

Dear friend,

For twenty-three years I remained a-political. I voted. That's it. The active members of the United States Armed Forces must not delve into politics. Their mission is to follow the lawful orders of thir Commander-in-Chief and it is untoward, inappropriate and unprofessional for them to voice political opinions.

Now, I'm retired. And frankly, it feels pretty good to speak my mind on these things. If that makes me a demagogue or a "Tuba/Rush," no biggy. I think I've earned my right to voice an opinion. Especially since so much is at stake.

That is all.

yermom
5/2/2008, 11:29 AM
if you are going to talk politics, talk politics

all i hear is "this is why the other guys suck"

other than talking about the moron pastor Obama seems to have chosen poorly, i haven't heard anyone really talk about what is wrong with the guy. for that matter McCain's "spiritual advisor" is about as nutty as a fruitcake as well

honestly, i wish McCain would have won 8 years ago

as for "so much being at stake" i'm sure whoever gets elected will just give us more of the same for the most part

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 11:30 AM
I heard McCain makes a mean cheezcake

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 11:36 AM

other than talking about the moron pastor Obama seems to have chosen poorly, i haven't heard anyone really talk about what is wrong with the guy. for that matter McCain's "spiritual advisor" is about as nutty as a fruitcake as well

as for "so much being at stake" i'm sure whoever gets elected will just give us more of the same for the most part

This race isn't about policy, it's about not letting the other side win. Don't you know anything?

olevetonahill
5/2/2008, 11:40 AM
Dayum Yankees !:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

stoops the eternal pimp
5/2/2008, 11:41 AM
Dayum Yankees !:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

No Kidding! I hope they beat Seattle today

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 11:45 AM
other than talking about the moron pastor Obama seems to have chosen poorly, i haven't heard anyone really talk about what is wrong with the guy.

Okay. I'll bite. He's an empty suit and not remotely ready for the front office. Moreover, he's widely considered by left and right to be "the most liberal senator." That's a recipe for devisiveness.

As far as HRC goes, if being married to WJC qualifies her for the presidency, then that makes Monica Lewinsky qualified for Secretary of Defense.

I think JSM represents where most people are in the county: just a tad right of the middle. He's experienced, and having commanded a carrier air wing, is ready for the commander-in-chief gig from Day One.

Frozen Sooner
5/2/2008, 12:01 PM
Tough guys commonly call their wives ****s.

StoopTroup
5/2/2008, 12:05 PM
He scares me.

I bet he'd point me out to the Secret Service and have me detained just because I eyeballed him.

SCOUT
5/2/2008, 12:11 PM

It looked to me like the original post was saying why Homey thought that JSM would make a good President.

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2008, 01:21 PM
Consider this . . . WJC gets elected POTUS. After he's done HRC decides to become a Senator and eventually to run for POTUS.

Do any of you actually want to see the same thing happen with Michelle Obama in a few years?

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 01:25 PM
You head to Drunkytown a little early today Bob?

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 01:26 PM
This race isn't about policy, it's about not letting the other side win. Don't you know anything?

Maybe for you.

Broken down to it's most basic elements: A respected, proven, dedicated, patriotic, dues paying mother****er vs. a crazy-assed bitch and a smoove talking muh****ah who is as shady as the day is long.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about "the other side."

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2008, 01:28 PM
You head to Drunkytown a little early today Bob?

Nope . . . never been.

I guess I fail at sarcasm . . .

Cam
5/2/2008, 01:31 PM
Grrrrrridlock

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2008, 01:32 PM
Could you just imagine a Hillary/Michelle ticket . . . all of the men would grab their nuts and hold on for the ride.

The ride being continual male bashing . . .

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 01:35 PM
Could you just imagine a Hillary/Michelle ticket . . . all of the men would grab their nuts and hold on for the ride.

The ride being continual WHITE male bashing . . .

Fixed

Sooner_Bob
5/2/2008, 01:51 PM
Fixed

I almost changed it to include just that . . .

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 01:59 PM
Maybe for you.

Broken down to it's most basic elements: A respected, proven, dedicated, patriotic, dues paying mother****er vs. a crazy-assed bitch and a smoove talking muh****ah who is as shady as the day is long.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about "the other side."

Respected? Yes.

Proven? What?

Dedicated? To what?

Patriotic? I'm sure he is, but that doesn't make me want to vote for him more or less.

Dues paying mother****er? In his military career, yes. In his political career I see him as just another partisan-lifer-hack.

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 02:01 PM
Respected? Yes.

Proven? What?

Dedicated? To what?

Patriotic? I'm sure he is, but that doesn't make me want to vote for him more or less.

Dues paying mother****er? In his military career, yes. In his political career I see him as just another partisan-lifer-hack.

OK, now do the same math for your boy and see what the answer is.

yermom
5/2/2008, 03:00 PM
It looked to me like the original post was saying why Homey thought that JSM would make a good President.

ok, i guess part of that was Dean, in this thread, but i'm also referring to the volume of new threads trying to sell the same thing.

Frozen Sooner
5/2/2008, 03:11 PM
ok, i guess part of that was Dean, in this thread, but i'm also referring to the volume of new threads trying to sell the same thing.

For many people, it's more about hating Democrats than it is actually liking their own candidate. Which is really too bad, as John McCain has several sterling qualities to him. He's got flaws, but I think he could govern effectively and do well advancing American interests.

Homey's not one of those people. Nor do I think Dean is either.

There's a few people that fit that mold pretty well, though. What's truly funny is that they're usually the ones who were claiming that Democrats were only defined by their hatred of Republicans.

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 03:14 PM
For many people, it's more about hating Democrats than it is actually liking their own candidate. Which is really too bad, as John McCain has several sterling qualities to him. He's got flaws, but I think he could govern effectively and do well advancing American interests.

There's a few people that fit that mold pretty well, though. What's truly funny is that they're usually the ones who were claiming that Democrats were only defined by their hatred of Republicans.

Fairly well stated. I don't hate democrats, I just happen to hate the two that have managed to weasel their way to the forefront.

yermom
5/2/2008, 03:20 PM

i didn't say it was a party thing. i haven't really heard why i should hate Obama though, other than being young and talking purty

Frozen Sooner
5/2/2008, 03:21 PM
See, I don't hate any of the candidates we've got right now. I think that Obama would be the most effective at governing the nation (though some of his recent gaffes have given me some doubts on that), that McCain would be a close second, and that there's no possible way that Hillary could govern effectively.

Heck, I think we got an unusually good slate of candidates from both parties this year-unfortunately, some of the better candidates didn't survive the primary process to date, but that's always going to happen.

The biggest thing I try to do is to disregard the hype from both sides. Obama isn't a racist. McCain isn't a reprise of Bush. Hillary isn't a murderer.

Frozen Sooner
5/2/2008, 03:22 PM
i didn't say it was a party thing. i haven't really heard why i should hate Obama though, other than being young and talking purty

I guess I missed the flood of anti-McCain threads since he wrapped up the nomination.

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 03:25 PM
Hillary isn't a murderer.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

http://www.kagedwolf.com/sites/kagedwolf/cache/580_HillaryScary.jpg

sooner_born_1960
5/2/2008, 03:31 PM
The biggest thing I try to do is to disregard the hype from both sides. Obama isn't a racist. McCain isn't a reprise of Bush. Hillary isn't a murderer.
I take the opposite approach, and assume the hype from both sides is true. Then it becomes an easy choice.

StoopTroup
5/2/2008, 03:35 PM
Hillary is gonna make her Daughter VPOTUS.

You heard it here first. :D

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 03:35 PM

Someone from your generation probably wouldn't hate him. Someone from mine probably does. Here's my reasons, and before anybody gets all "well that's a stupid reason" let me just say kiss my *** in advance. Oh yeah, this list is not in any particular order.

1. His middle name is Hussein and his surname is Obama.
2. His daddy's a muslim.
3. He acts black when it serves his purposes, white when it serves others.
4. He won't wear a flag pin.
5. He doesn't put his hand over his heart when he pledges.
6. Some of his supporters are commie ****heads.
7. He has zero substance. He talks a lot, but what has he done?
8. He supports the good Reverend Wright.
9. All he promises is "hope." WTF is hope?
10. He has exactly zero qualifications to be POTUS - unless you consider being a better than average speaker the only thing one needs to be to be the top man.

I could go on and on, but I will end it with this:

The GWB years haven't been bad. At all. People keep bitching about "no more of the same," but I'd be happy to have 4 more years of making more money than last year, four more years of no terrorists blowing up **** on our soil, four more years of pretty much everything. My life doesn't suck like so many of yours do I guess. My life is pretty danged good all-in-all.

Have there been issues? Sure, but my biggest beef over the 8 years GWB was in is immigration and gas prices - both of which he doesn't really control directly.

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 03:36 PM
KISS MY ***.

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 03:37 PM
I said it first, Obama boy.

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 03:39 PM
Kiss my ***.

Kiss his ***.

Kiss your ***.

Happy Hanukkah.

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 03:41 PM
Kwanza this, mother****er.

TexasSooner01
5/2/2008, 03:42 PM
Ok now cant we all just get along. LOL

yermom
5/2/2008, 03:44 PM
Someone from your generation probably wouldn't hate him. Someone from mine probably does. Here's my reasons, and before anybody gets all "well that's a stupid reason" let me just say kiss my *** in advance. Oh yeah, this list is not in any particular order.

1. His middle name is Hussein and his surname is Obama.
2. His daddy's a muslim.
3. He acts black when it serves his purposes, white when it serves others.
4. He won't wear a flag pin.
5. He doesn't put his hand over his heart when he pledges.
6. Some of his supporters are commie ****heads.
7. He has zero substance. He talks a lot, but what has he done?
8. He supports the good Reverend Wright.
9. All he promises is "hope." WTF is hope?
10. He has exactly zero qualifications to be POTUS - unless you consider being a better than average speaker the only thing one needs to be to be the top man.

I could go on and on, but I will end it with this:

The GWB years haven't been bad. At all. People keep bitching about "no more of the same," but I'd be happy to have 4 more years of making more money than last year, four more years of no terrorists blowing up **** on our soil, four more years of pretty much everything. My life doesn't suck like so many of yours do I guess. My life is pretty danged good all-in-all.

Have there been issues? Sure, but my biggest beef over the 8 years GWB was in is immigration and gas prices - both of which he doesn't really control directly.

there isn't much substance there, Dean. you can't really control who your daddy is and what he names you.

and last time i checked, Bush was +1 ahead of most other presidents on terrorist attacks on US soil ;)

maybe you are doing better under Bush than you were before. so is Cheney, but it's not like that is universally true

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 03:49 PM
there isn't much substance there, Dean. you can't really control who your daddy is and what he names you.

and last time i checked, Bush was +1 ahead of most other presidents on terrorist attacks on US soil ;)

maybe you are doing better under Bush than you were before. so is Cheney, but it's not like that is universally true

Not much substance in your mind, but in mine, plenty.

And are you doing worse? Is your family doing worse? Are your friends doing worse? If you answer "yes," then may I suggest you work a hair harder?

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 03:51 PM
Darth Cheney is in T-town tonight for an elephant fundraiser. There was actually an ad in the World yesterday trying to alert the tin-foil hat wearing community to turn out and protest this thing like its a Sith convention or something.

I gotta give Dick this. I understand he was recently baited by a reporter who shouted, "Mr. Vice President, your approval rating is lower than the President's," to which Dick replied, "so?"

Frankly, I've believed for years now people say they hate W and Cheney because its "cool" to hate them.

:D

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 03:52 PM

And are you doing worse? Is your family doing worse? Are your friends doing worse? If you answer "yes," then may I suggest you work a hair harder?

Not to jump in the middle you two's slapfight, but I'm doing better than I was before W. However unlike your jurassic ***, I was barely out of OU when W was sworn in. I was making jack **** and had nowhere to go but up. :D

JohnnyMack
5/2/2008, 03:52 PM
Darth Cheney is in T-town tonight for an elephant fundraiser. There was actually an ad in the World yesterday trying to alert the tin-foil hat wearing community to turn out and protest this thing like its a Sith convention or something.

Ummm, the Sith don't have conventions. They act in total secrecy. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 03:54 PM
Not to jump in the middle you two's slapfight, but I'm doing better than I was before W. However unlike your jurassic ***, I was barely out of OU when W was sworn in. I was making jack **** and had nowhere to go but up. :D

Yeah? Well then let's vote your boy who promises nothing but "hope" in and check out where we're at in 4 years.

And you and the longhaired bearded one should pay attention to your wizened, learned elders. The choices you make today will come back to haunt your narrow asses tomorrow.

yermom
5/2/2008, 04:05 PM

i'm not really doing worse, but i'm talking more about trends. working harder isn't going to get you job back from India, or save you from the Patriot Act ;)

or get us out of debt with China. i can't believe the monster we are building over there

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 04:08 PM
i'm not really doing worse, but i'm talking more about trends. working harder isn't going to get you job back from India, or save you from the Patriot Act ;)

or get us out of debt with China. i can't believe the monster we are building over there

A lot of jobs have left because we have a bunch of lazy, over-payed primma donnas who won't do the work for a little less $$. If I own the company and my own workers are shafting me then hells yes I'm going to Mexico.

The whole China thing is your boy Bill's doing. He sold his soul on some Chinese steel deal and we're still paying.

I happen to like/support the Patriot Act. They can tap my phone any time they want. I quit selling drugs in 1987 and don't really have anything else I'd need to hide.

yermom
5/2/2008, 04:25 PM
it's not like management is willing to lose some cash either. i love how companies go down the ****ter, the CEO gets paid off, while the employees lose their pensions, etc...

Cam
5/2/2008, 04:34 PM
it's not like management is willing to lose some cash either. i love how companies go down the ****ter, the CEO gets paid off, while the employees lose their pensions, etc...

You mean like the $50MM golden parachute Kevin Rollins got when he got fired? Yeah, that didn't chap my *** as I was packing up my friends desk. :rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/2/2008, 04:40 PM
Ummm, the Sith don't have conventions. They act in total secrecy. :rolleyes:

Know.. how I know you are gay??

SoonerStormchaser
5/2/2008, 04:46 PM
For twenty-three years I remained a-political. I voted. That's it. The active members of the United States Armed Forces must not delve into politics. Their mission is to follow the lawful orders of their Commander-in-Chief and it is untoward, inappropriate and unprofessional for them to voice political opinions.

Yep...(but I'm voting for McCain anyways)

KC//CRIMSON
5/2/2008, 08:54 PM
I heard McCain makes a mean cheezcake

judging by homey's avatar, looks like he knows how to pinch off a cheesecake too...

olevetonahill
5/2/2008, 09:14 PM
judging by homey's avatar, looks like he knows how to pinch off a cheesecake too...

Naw Hes Just Mad cause he trusted a FART .

Vaevictis
5/2/2008, 09:14 PM
The whole China thing is your boy Bill's doing. He sold his soul on some Chinese steel deal and we're still paying.

It's actually just about everybody's doing. In essence, they're loaning us fracktons of money to buy their goods with.

If we'd balance our damn budget and stop buying so much **** from China, it wouldn't be a problem.

swardboy
5/2/2008, 09:38 PM
Rush Limbaugh (yeah, THAT Rush Limbaugh) has made the most brilliant observation of how the Rev. Wrong fiasco matters re: Obama's presidential timbre..." How can any of us know more about Rev. Wright than Obama?"

20 years his spiritual mentor. Baptized his children. Prayed with him in the basement before announcing his candidacy so he wouldn't be seen with him. Barak Hussein Obama has been exposed as just another political hack of the Chicago machine.

I'm waiting for the brilliant Bobby Jindal to fulfill his gubernatorial mission in Louisiana and then come to the rescue of America.

tommieharris91
5/2/2008, 11:10 PM

It's gonna take more than 4 years to get us outta debt with China.

olevetonahill
5/2/2008, 11:48 PM
It's gonna take more than 44 Cruise Missiles to get us outta debt with China.

Had to lol

tommieharris91
5/2/2008, 11:51 PM
It's gonna take more than 4 nukular missles to get us outta debt with China.

Fixing your own post is kinda weird.

Turd_Ferguson
5/3/2008, 12:09 AM
Fixing your own post is kinda weird.Funny as hell though:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
5/3/2008, 05:21 AM
Does this mean the UFC champion is going to be President?

soonerscuba
5/3/2008, 10:55 AM
Barak Hussein Obama has been exposed as just another political hack of the Chicago machine.

I'm waiting for the brilliant Bobby Jindal to fulfill his gubernatorial mission in Louisiana and then come to the rescue of America.
Heh, Obama is just another hack of the Chicago machine, let's get somebody from Louisiana!

If that doesn't work, perhaps we should amend the Constitution to let some Italian parliment members come run.

StoopTroup
5/3/2008, 11:12 AM
We could use Lewis Black's idea to pick a President.

S3_EwUERW1U&feature=related

It's around 3:40 into the video.

StoopTroup
5/3/2008, 11:38 AM
BTW....

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go see Dick Cheney?

Jim Inhofe has lost what little respect I used to have for him.

Rogue
5/3/2008, 10:04 PM
I'm glad to see that McCain got the GOP nomination.
I really think we'll be fine policy-wise with JM or HC.
I also like BO's message of hope. We need that.

Policy-wise I honestly think Hillary is the sharpest of the bunch.
After now 15 years of a 50/50 split with half the country hating or almost-hating the president, I'm afraid HC would bring more of that. Not because of her, but because of where we are as a country right now.

That, IMO, is the most important thing to avoid.

IF JM or BO can bring the country together a little, I'm for it.

Neither of those 2 cats are too beholden to their party as far as I can tell either. Although JM has had to sell out in recent years, I think he remembers how the GOP screwed him in 1999.

C&CDean
5/4/2008, 09:10 AM
BTW....

Why would anyone in their right mind want to go see Dick Cheney?

Jim Inhofe has lost what little respect I used to have for him.

Don't go there.

Half the flamers on this board stood in a line to go see Algore when he was doing his global warming revival at the LNC. Cheney > algore.

yermom
5/4/2008, 09:23 AM
what does Cheney have to talk about? how to bilk billions out of a country for the company you run once you make Vice President?

sooneron
5/4/2008, 09:39 AM

yes

yes

and yes

C&CDean
5/4/2008, 09:57 AM
what does Cheney have to talk about? how to bilk billions out of a country for the company you run once you make Vice President?

You need to look up the word "bilk."

And Cheney made tons of money way before he was veep. Be careful casting stones about making money with insider information anyhow. Don't forget your girl Hillary's cattle futures dealio...

sooneron
5/4/2008, 12:03 PM
I'm pretty sure Hill aint yermom's fave...

KC//CRIMSON
5/4/2008, 01:03 PM

I don't know what he has to talk about. Just make sure you never go quail hunting with him.

yermom
5/4/2008, 01:07 PM
You need to look up the word "bilk."

And Cheney made tons of money way before he was veep. Be careful casting stones about making money with insider information anyhow. Don't forget your girl Hillary's cattle futures dealio...

my girl, heh

i pretty much hate all of them, FYI :D

olevetonahill
5/4/2008, 01:21 PM
I don't know what he has to talk about. Just make sure you never go quail hunting with him.

A little Birdshot aint gonna hurt Ya .
Who hasnt went Bird hunting and Been peppered a few times ?

yermom
5/4/2008, 02:59 PM
um, they had to take shot out of the guys heart :eek:

olevetonahill
5/4/2008, 05:11 PM
um, they had to take shot out of the guys heart :eek:

Well thats Differant . ;)

Rogue
5/4/2008, 08:53 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/soonercody/Temp/cover.jpg