PDA

View Full Version : Too fat for prison?

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 07:00 AM
We know you can be too pretty for prison. Remember boy molester Debbie Lafave? She is the hawt blonde public school teacher in Flawda who liked 8th graders. A lot. The judge wouldn't sentence Deb to the hoosegow citing the fact she would suffer at the hands of female convicts.

Now, it looks like you can be too fat for the jug too. Or at least too corpulent for court.

Judge Holds Court In Parking Lot For 500-Lb. Man

RIVERHEAD, N.Y. (AP) ― A Long Island music shop owner accused of selling knockoff Gibson Les Paul guitars has been arraigned in a pickup truck in a courthouse parking lot after his lawyer said the 500-pound defendant couldn't walk into the courthouse.

State Supreme Court Justice Robert Doyle said the man's "severe weight problem" prompted the unusual proceeding Thursday in Riverhead. A defense lawyer also had given the court a doctor's letter saying the defendant suffers from osteoarthritis.

The shopkeeper has been released without bail after pleading not guilty to trademark counterfeiting and criminal simulation. He says the case and health problems have forced him to close his store.

He's accused of selling bogus Gibsons for $1,500 to buyers who thought they were far more valuable genuine versions of the classic electric guitar.

BigRedJed
5/2/2008, 07:10 AM
A counterfeit Gibson? Sounds like the youngest Diffee boy.

Widescreen
5/2/2008, 11:49 AM
Sounds like the precedent is "if you have huge bewbs, you don't have to go to prison".

Fugue
5/2/2008, 12:23 PM
It was twelve o'clock, midnight
And I wanted a snack
So I headed downstairs
Thought the fridge was packed
But when I opened the door
What did I see?
The back of the fridge staring right back at me
I thought to myself
I could almost die
Then an image appeared