PDA

View Full Version : People who live or know about Phoenix, AZ

Shneeg11
5/1/2008, 10:38 PM
What is a nice area of town (fairly close to downtown) with new commercial development? Looking to move a business there, preferably close to I-10, and I-17 if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Really any knowledge of Phoenix. Also, a reputable construction company down there?

OUbones
5/2/2008, 12:57 AM
PM RLIMC he should be able to help you out.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
5/2/2008, 01:08 AM
I live here, but haven't kept up with commercial development lately, except on just a passing interest basis. There is a weekly business journal, called the Business Journal, that should be able to provide some useful info. Google 'em up: business journal phoenix. You can PM me if you want.

Shneeg11
5/2/2008, 03:23 AM
Thanks Rush!

5/2/2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks Rush!Wrong guy. That's my clone.

C&CDean
5/2/2008, 11:02 AM
Don't go. It's ****ing hot, crowded, and ASU is there.

Cam
5/2/2008, 01:09 PM
What type of business?

SteelClip49
5/2/2008, 01:11 PM
stay away from Glendale

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2008, 01:56 PM
stay away from GlendaleLast time I was there, that was where all the Rusky's lived.

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2008, 03:24 PM
What Dean said.

PhxSooner
5/2/2008, 03:31 PM
There is alot of development going on between the 101 and Carefree Highway parts of I-17. Anything south of the 101 on the 17 would be infill, and not the greatest area of town.

It's actually very nice here today, Flag.:mad: :D

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2008, 04:07 PM
Baseline & Central. YWIA

King Crimson
5/2/2008, 04:10 PM
my cousin is a lawyer there and her hubby is an architect. they both think it kind of sucks....judging from last Christmas conversations.

5/2/2008, 06:06 PM
Big city, traffic getting worse all the time. Tons of illegals and crime. The BEST winter weather, however. Summer is brutal, though, and could start literally anytime now. It can last through October. 5 hours from San Diego. 2 hrs from the high country, and cool summer weather. 4 hrs from the Mexican coast.

Harry Beanbag
5/2/2008, 06:20 PM
There is alot of development going on between the 101 and Carefree Highway parts of I-17. Anything south of the 101 on the 17 would be infill, and not the greatest area of town.

It's actually very nice here today, Flag.:mad: :D

That wouldn't be a bad location, but we have no idea what kind of business it is. The downside is that he'd be an hour away from 75% of the valley, don't know if that would matter or not though.

And yeah, stay out of Peoria, Glendale, and west Phoenix. Crime-ridden ****holes.

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2008, 06:33 PM

It's actually very nice here today, Flag.:mad: :DIt is now temp wise. How's your brown cloud today.;)

I like to call the place "Dry Houston":texan: . Illegals, crime, smog, traffic, shat summer weather, and I have lived in both those wonderful cities.:D

PhxSooner
5/2/2008, 06:35 PM
I know you're in Gilbert, but is there still new stuff going in on I-10 out past Chandler? I see some new build out on the west-bound 10 around Goodyear, but it's really slowed down.

Yeah, that part of 17 is pretty far out, but they're expecting growth of another 100K people or so out near 17 and Happy Valley, Dynamite, etc. I actually avoid 1-17 unless we're headed north out of town. Nasty road with really bad traffic and accidents.

PhxSooner
5/2/2008, 06:37 PM
It is now temp wise. How's your brown cloud today.;)

I like to call the place "Dry Houston":texan: . Illegals, crime, smog, traffic, shat summer weather, and I have lived in both those wonderful cities.:D

Pfft. My sky is pretty blue, but we're near some foothills, and the cranks in Carefree and Cave Creek don't like businesses, so I don't see as much light and air pollution. It was bad the other day, though.

I told a friend the other day it's Houston without the hurricanes.

Okla-homey
5/2/2008, 06:48 PM
Based on my experience in that ville, you better learn to habla espanol most riki tik.

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2008, 07:17 PM
I told a friend the other day it's Houston without the hurricanes.http://www.4to40.com/images/earth/science/petroleum/crude_oil_refinery.jpg
And this.

That smell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_7w393S5M&feature=related)

Shneeg11
5/2/2008, 07:21 PM
Well, we are planning on expanding our espresso catering business, and we thought Phoenix would be a good next step, albeit a big one. I know that an espresso and smoothie catering company is not exactly some big important business, but I really appreciate all of the responses!! obviously, anything else that you people would like to share with me about Phoenix would be fantastic. Here is what I know....Large metroplex area, HOT!, lots of people, and possibly difficult to find OU games on tv :(

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2008, 08:06 PM
No prob with getting OU games most of the time these days.

The PHX area is in recession as is most of the country so real estate deals could be good now.

Turd_Ferguson
5/2/2008, 08:08 PM
Well, we are planning on expanding our espresso catering business, and we thought Phoenix would be a good next step, albeit a big one. I know that an espresso and smoothie catering company is not exactly some big important business, but I really appreciate all of the responses!! obviously, anything else that you people would like to share with me about Phoenix would be fantastic. Here is what I know....Large metroplex area, HOT!, lots of people, and possibly difficult to find OU games on tv :(Don't forget HOT....albeit a different kind of HOT, but it's still mother ****'n HOT:D

5/2/2008, 08:13 PM
Well, we are planning on expanding our espresso catering business, and we thought Phoenix would be a good next step, albeit a big one. I know that an espresso and smoothie catering company is not exactly some big important business, but I really appreciate all of the responses!! obviously, anything else that you people would like to share with me about Phoenix would be fantastic. Here is what I know....Large metroplex area, HOT!, lots of people, and possibly difficult to find OU games on tv :(You didn't ask about Scottsdale and Paradise Valley. I think they will be supportive of espresso catering there. Also, and more importantly, we received nearly as much a OU football coverage as you get in the Big 12 area. The OU Club of PHX has a game watch, at a couple of local sportsbars, and last year, we bought a $500 pay per view for the Tulsa game, because it wasn't avaliable on normal satellite, or whatever it was the sports bar has. I think we were able to see EVERY game. Even those we were sorry to see.

Flagstaffsooner
5/2/2008, 08:13 PM
Don't forget HOT....albeit a different kind of HOT, but it's still mother ****'n HOT:D
as in three balled tom cat.

KC//CRIMSON
5/2/2008, 08:27 PM
stay away from Glendale

That's what Stoops said!

Hey-O!

Sooner98
5/2/2008, 08:51 PM
If you are a Sooner, you are all but guaranteed to suck at whatever you do, if you end up in Glendale. :D

olevetonahill
5/2/2008, 09:22 PM
WTF Is expresso Caterin ?
Ya deliver a Cup of Joe to someone ?

Harry Beanbag
5/3/2008, 08:01 AM
I know you're in Gilbert, but is there still new stuff going in on I-10 out past Chandler? I see some new build out on the west-bound 10 around Goodyear, but it's really slowed down.

Yeah, that part of 17 is pretty far out, but they're expecting growth of another 100K people or so out near 17 and Happy Valley, Dynamite, etc. I actually avoid 1-17 unless we're headed north out of town. Nasty road with really bad traffic and accidents.

Firebird Raceway is still pretty much the end of civilization on I-10 until you get to Casa Grande. Most of the work now is trying to make Florence connect with Queen Creek. Ridiculous.

And yes, I-17 sucks bad. When we go to the high country to camp and stuff sometimes it takes 45 minutes to merge from the 101 to the 17. I'm ready to move to the mountains permanently.

Cam
5/5/2008, 08:44 PM
You didn't ask about Scottsdale and Paradise Valley.

I would think an Espresso delivery company would be right up Scottsdale's alley.

Yes, it's hot as hell during the summer and the sand monsoon's suck. You'll get acclimated though. 70 degrees will seem cold to you after a few months.