PDA

View Full Version : Carrier

reevie
5/1/2008, 07:30 PM
Has anyone else been watching this on PBS? It's pretty good.

Last night's show with the pilots trying to land with a 30 foot pitch was pretty intense viewing.

mdklatt
5/1/2008, 07:33 PM
Yes, I've seen all of it so far. It doesn't look like the The Office is going to be on tonight, so it looks like I'll see the whole thing.

It really makes you think what people in the miltary (and their families) have to sacrifice.

OUbones
5/1/2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I was gonna make a thread about it last Sunday but forgot. Last night's episode was intense, glad they all got down safe.

mdklatt
5/1/2008, 08:10 PM
The air wing guys can do their thing at sea or on land, but what do all the ship's personnel do when they're not on deployment?

Okla-homey
5/1/2008, 10:05 PM
The air wing guys can do their thing at sea or on land, but what do all the ship's personnel do when they're not on deployment?

paint, scrape, drink, get in car wrecks, lay down motorcycles and make babies.

At least that's what I observed when I went to school at Norfolk for six months. May God Bless everyone of them Cracker Jacks fellers.

That was a real fine series. I really enjoyed it.

That said, the poor redshirt kid with the baby mama gal back home who wouldn't give him the time of day kinda wore me out though. Sure wish some of his pards had took him out on the fantail and beat him up or something. Sheesh. Move on little bro. The ho sure as hell done moved on.