PDA

View Full Version : Criminal mastermind..

SoonerTerry
5/1/2008, 10:54 AM
SUUUUUUUPERGENIOUS.

Hide ur GF moma (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/050108dnmetbillion.b623795f.html)
A man has been accused of attempting to pass a $360 billion check, which he claims was given to him by his girlfriend’s mother to start a record business, Fort Worth police said.

Charles Ray Fuller Charles Ray Fuller, 21, of Crowley, was arrested on April 22 on an accusation of forgery, police said.

Police responded to a report of a man attempting to pass the check about 4 p.m. that day at the Chase bank in the 8600 block of South Hulen Street, Fort Worth police Lt. Paul Henderson said.

The personal check was not made out to Mr. Fuller and when the bank contacted the check owner, the woman said she did not write a check for $360 billion.

Mr. Fuller was also accused of unlawful carrying of a weapon and possession of marijuana, Lt. Henderson said. He may also face a theft charge in Crowley.

Lt. Henderson said he did not know if Mr. Fuller and his girlfriend were still together.

Curly Bill
5/1/2008, 11:17 AM
360 billion...WOW!

...I guess if you're gonna aim, might as well aim high. :D

StoopTroup
5/1/2008, 11:24 AM
Whorns...lol

soonerinabilene
5/1/2008, 11:33 AM
sure would have been one helluva record store.

Hot Rod
5/1/2008, 11:38 AM
Why didn't he just write the amount Ben Stiller mentions in this video?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSrCw8F2UaE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LSrCw8F2UaE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

OKLA21FAN
5/1/2008, 11:44 AM
At least he brought two forms of identification:

his pot and his handgun :pop:

Frozen Sooner
5/1/2008, 11:50 AM
You guys wouldn't believe some of the fake checks people try to pass.

My faves are the ones for like $4500 where the forger writes something in the memo line. Dude, when someone with $5000 in their account writes a $4500 check, they don't use the memo line. They know why they wrote the check. You writing something on the memo line doesn't make the check look more real.

OklahomaRed
5/1/2008, 12:03 PM
$360 billion? I'd like to meet the girlfriend's mother if the bank has to call to see if the check was legitimate? :D

Frozen Sooner
5/1/2008, 12:11 PM
$360 billion? I'd like to meet the girlfriend's mother if the bank has to call to see if the check was legitimate? :D

Well, if they had just stamped it "NSF" they'd have had to charge her a $20 fee, so I can see why they'd call to verify on that one. Plus, it's just good customer service-let the customer know that their checks have been stolen.

OKLA21FAN
5/1/2008, 12:11 PM
You guys wouldn't believe some of the fake checks people try to pass.

My faves are the ones for like $4500 where the forger writes something in the memo line. Dude, when someone with $5000 in their account writes a $4500 check, they don't use the memo line. They know why they wrote the check. You writing something on the memo line doesn't make the check look more real.

<taking notes>don't use memo line<taking notes>

crawfish
5/1/2008, 12:22 PM
Geez. Coulda got away with it for $360 million, but he had to get greedy and add thos extra zeroes. :rolleyes:

texas bandman
5/1/2008, 12:39 PM
Hopefully she had overdraft protection.

OKLA21FAN
5/1/2008, 12:52 PM
Geez. Coulda got away with it for $360 million, but he had to get greedy and add thos extra zeroes. :rolleyes:

if he asked to have it back in 20s that the teller may not have had 1,800,000,000 of them in her drawer. Let's suppose there was a caravan of Brinks trucks out back and the teller starting counting back 20s to him and took 1 second each to count back to him (60 sec X 60 min renders 3600 per hour). As such it would take 500,000 hours to distribute. It gets worse as a bank is generally only open around 44 hours a week (and that is giving him grace in that many holidays would disrupt the average). So 44 hours X 52 weeks/yr gives us 2,288 hrs per year that Charles could stand there to receive his money. It would take him 218 and a half years to get the money counted back. Let's say Charles was smart enough to ask for it back in 100s and the teller could count back 2 bills each second without any breaks. Charles would have had to spend almost 22 years getting the money from the bank. Not good as his music career would have to have been in the evenings and on the weekends. :pop:

soonermix
5/1/2008, 01:02 PM
if he asked to have it back in 20s that the teller may not have had 1,800,000,000 of them in her drawer. Let's suppose there was a caravan of Brinks trucks out back and the teller starting counting back 20s to him and took 1 second each to count back to him (60 sec X 60 min renders 3600 per hour). As such it would take 500,000 hours to distribute. It gets worse as a bank is generally only open around 44 hours a week (and that is giving him grace in that many holidays would disrupt the average). So 44 hours X 52 weeks/yr gives us 2,288 hrs per year that Charles could stand there to receive his money. It would take him 218 and a half years to get the money counted back. Let's say Charles was smart enough to ask for it back in 100s and the teller could count back 2 bills each second without any breaks. Charles would have had to spend almost 22 years getting the money from the bank. Not good as his music career would have to have been in the evenings and on the weekends. :pop:

but if he asked for it in gold coins then he could then just put it in a money bin and swim around in it just like scrooge mcduck

Frozen Sooner
5/1/2008, 01:06 PM
Don't forget to add in the five minutes to fill out a CTR. ;)

TheUnnamedSooner
5/1/2008, 05:46 PM
When I was working for a bank in Dallas, I had a guy come in and try to open a checking and savings account. He wrote the check for the checking for $2million and the savings was like $10million. I knew the guy was full of ****, so after he left, I called the bank the checks were drawn off of and of course the account was closed as he tried doing something similiar there.

It amazes me what people will try.

BajaOklahoma
5/1/2008, 07:11 PM
They showed a picture of the guy on the morning news. He was either stoned or drunk.
The girlfriend's mother looked like an Arkansas native. A couple of missing teeff and sounded like a hick.
Welcome to Texas.