PDA

View Full Version : Acetone

Sooner_Havok
4/30/2008, 12:12 AM
I have to ask, any of you f'n hillbillies ever put this stuff in your gas tank? I have seen a lot of stuff saying it helps MPG, I have seen a lot of stuff saying it doesn't do jack, and a lot of stuff saying that it can make your engine blow up.

I ain't looking for anything magic, but if I could get an extra 2-3 MPG, I wouldn't complain none

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 12:18 AM
I have to ask, any of you f'n hillbillies ever put this stuff in your gas tank? I have seen a lot of stuff saying it helps MPG, I have seen a lot of stuff saying it doesn't do jack, and a lot of stuff saying that it can make your engine blow up.

I ain't looking for anything magic, but if I could get an extra 2-3 MPG, I wouldn't complain none

I wouldnt
Make sure your air folter is Clean . Change your Fuel filter at least every 20 thou .Keep your Tires Inflated properly .
If your In a PU keep the bed clean and remove the Tailgate ( put It in the Garage till Ya need it.
Plus Ya Might want to warsh the Damn thing. All that dirt and smashed Bugs will create Drag .
Dont Drive with the windows Down thinkin your saving cause you aint running the A/C
See Drag above . Just run the Vents till you Have to have A/C
Yer welcome

Sooner_Havok
4/30/2008, 12:21 AM
I wouldnt
Make sure your air folter is Clean . Change your Fuel filter at least every 20 thou .Keep your Tires Inflated properly .
If your In a PU keep the bed clean and remove the Tailgate ( put It in the Garage till Ya need it.
Plus Ya Might want to warsh the Damn thing. All that dirt and smashed Bugs will create Drag .
Dont Drive with the windows Down thinkin your saving cause you aint running the A/C
See Drag above . Just run the Vents till you Have to have A/C
Yer welcome

Well hell, I gots a K&N air filter that I clean with every oil change, I got mai tires at 35 PSI, Just replaced mai fuel filter, and keep my Mustang shining like a diamond in a billy goats arse. You saying I can't do no better?

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 12:30 AM
Well hell, I gots a K&N air filter that I clean with every oil change, I got mai tires at 35 PSI, Just replaced mai fuel filter, and keep my Mustang shining like a diamond in a bill goats arse. You saying I can't do no better?

Only thing you can do Now to Help Is to Accelerate Like Ya gots an Egg under the Pedal, Then Stop like said Egg is Layin loose In the seat .:D

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 12:32 AM
Plus It Might help to keep it out Of Goatsasses
I hear that will slow Ya down :eek:

Sooner_Havok
4/30/2008, 12:37 AM
Plus It Might help to keep it out Of Goatsasses
I hear that will slow Ya down :eek:

Every time I try to head your way, the damn things just throw theyselves onto mai car!

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 12:40 AM
Every time I try to head your way, the damn things just throw theyselves onto mai car!

I dont live In stoolwater :confused:
Now Back to your ?
Acetone Is a Paint thinner /stripper .
Id hate to think what it would do to your Engine :eek:

Sooner_Havok
4/30/2008, 12:44 AM
I dont live In stoolwater :confused:
Now Back to your ?
Acetone Is a Paint thinner /stripper .
Id hate to think what it would do to your Engine :eek:

The solution a lot of these guys are calling fer is 1-3 ounces per ten gallons of gas. I wouldn't think that diluted down that much, it would be any more corrosive than gasoline would be.

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 12:54 AM
The solution a lot of these guys are calling fer is 1-3 ounces per ten gallons of gas. I wouldn't think that diluted down that much, it would be any more corrosive than gasoline would be.

Dont you have a Stupid "friend "
Let him try it 1st
Im sayin a well tuned and Maintained Vehicle will Get Max Milage ,
Ok Now Im saying It OUTLOUD ok ?
If you try It from Rumors Your Dumb as a Rock :D
your Choice .
:cool:

soonerboomer93
4/30/2008, 12:56 AM
actually, i saw something that removing the tailgate actually decreases gas mileage because it messes with the aerodynamics of the modern pickup

Sooner_Havok
4/30/2008, 12:59 AM
actually, i saw something that removing the tailgate actually decreases gas mileage because it messes with the aerodynamics of the modern pickup

Same Mythbusters as the Acetone thing

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 01:03 AM

One Word Bro
BULLSHAT
Anytime you remove Drag you Increase Efficiency
A simple Test
Make sure you truck Is almost empty . Put In 20 Gals
Or 10 I dont Care , Drive down the Interstate with the Tail gate up as Far as you Dare . stop put in the same amount Of fuel , Lower Tailgate and Drive Back with out stopping till you dont Dare go any further
You will be 20 Miles or Better past your start Point .

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 01:05 AM
when It comes to VeeHikles I dont know Much
I was toddling around Handing My Daddy wrenchs, while I was in In diapers
I did forget a few things :P

soonerboomer93
4/30/2008, 01:10 AM
actually, putting the tailgat down (they didn't remove it) increased the drag on the vehicle. again this was done with new pickups, 2 different ones. each started with 30 gallons of fuel, the one with the tailgate up went 30 miles further. ymmv

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2005/11/episode_43_seasickness_cures_f.html

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 01:15 AM
actually, putting the tailgat down (they didn't remove it) increased the drag on the vehicle. again this was done with new pickups, 2 different ones. each started with 30 gallons of fuel, the one with the tailgate up went 30 miles further. ymmv

http://kwc.org/mythbusters/2005/11/episode_43_seasickness_cures_f.html

How New Bro ?
I drove My 99 Tailgate up Balls to the wall to N.M. got Just under 20 a Gal average
A few Months Later I went to Atlanta and On to Fla. Tailgate down
I averaged 23 a Gal
Point set and Match to the Olevet :D

goingoneight
4/30/2008, 01:58 AM
I'll say this as a tech certified in engines. Read yer ownar's manual before you got ****in' in yer gas take with any kind of additives. Some engines have diesel-like cylinder liners, soem use different metals in their block, some metals will oxidize worse with additives, soem run too hot with additives or boosters. One little bottle will rarely tell you anything, and cleaners prolong your engine life, but don't help fuel economy.

You get about the same results from an additive for fuel mileage that you get out of running premium in my experience. Like olevet said, keep up with things like tire pressure, filters, etc. also.

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 02:02 AM
SILENCE !!!!!!!!!
I Keel You ;)

SoonerTerry
4/30/2008, 06:26 AM
SILENCE !!!!!!!!!
I Keel You ;)

That made me laugh.. coffee in the keyboard again.

StoopTroup
4/30/2008, 01:06 PM
Removing the tailgate can weaken the bed as the tailgate helps reinforce the structure when your driving. If your going to take it off...I suggest getting at least a bar back there to help keep the walls of the bed from flexing while driving. Those louvred gates are better than the factory gates even though they don't look as nice. IMO.

http://www.truckaccessoriesinsider.com/Tailgates/handy_straight.jpg

OUDoc
4/30/2008, 01:41 PM
Drive fast enough that the air flow goes over the bed.
Pansies. ;)