PDA

View Full Version : )(*!%!(%!! That's TWO pairs of sunglasses in two weeks

Frozen Sooner
4/29/2008, 11:55 PM
Stupid sun glass leprechauns stealing my dang shades.

I've torn apart my car and my home looking for the new sun glasses I bought to replace the LAST pair-I even started digging through the trash. I know I had them on when I got home yesterday.

:mad:

4/30/2008, 12:06 AM
The secret to keeping good glasses is finding an expensive pair ($120+) that seem about near new, on the window sill of a national park rest stop.

Before then, I had paid anywhere from nearly $200 to $2 for glasses, and I've had these for nearly three years now.

I found this pair of $175 raybans at Tahoe and even started a thread about it way back when.

If they ever fall apart or I lose them, I'll do my best to purchase a new pare.

olevetonahill
4/30/2008, 12:10 AM
Stupid sun glass leprechauns stealing my dang shades.

I've torn apart my car and my home looking for the new sun glasses I bought to replace the LAST pair-I even started digging through the trash. I know I had them on when I got home yesterday.

:mad:

Your Money and BHO can find em or get ya a new pair :P

King Crimson
4/30/2008, 08:17 AM
the more you spend the closer they reach a threshold of consciousness....and then they escape.

4/30/2008, 08:33 AM
the more you spend the closer they reach a threshold of consciousness....and then they escape.

...Grasshoppaaahhh.

Cam
4/30/2008, 08:57 AM
My wife can't take care of sun glasses for ****. She either can't find them or scratches the hell out of them. Because of that, she has 5 or 6 pair of $5-10 wal-mart cheapos stashed all over the place. Even with that, she's usually buying 3-4 pair a year to replace the ones she's lost or broken.

My eyes have always been very light sensitive, so that's not an option for me. My sun glasses are expensive, but I take care of them. Over the last 5 years, I've spent less money overall than her and have only had 2 pair of sunglasses.

proud gonzo
4/30/2008, 09:20 AM
I had frames with sunglasses that fit on w/ magnets. Lost the sunglasses in my house for a year or so, found them again, and two days later lost them again. I got in the car with them on, went to Borders, walked a straight path to a book and the checkout, and when i got back in the car they were gone. I retraced that path a dozen times and they were totally gone. I still have no idea what happened to them.

frankensooner
4/30/2008, 09:24 AM
http://www.amerimark.com/images/8/850/full/85059.jpg

http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/postkey_find.html?cm_mmc=channel-_-engine-_-media-_-85059&keywords=85059&media=G60710&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=85059

ywia

TexasLidig8r
4/30/2008, 09:30 AM
I've had the same pair of sunglasses since 1999.

proud gonzo
4/30/2008, 09:45 AM
weirdo.

tbl
4/30/2008, 03:10 PM
I don't subscribe to the "more expensive pair you buy, the less likely you are to lose/break/scratch them". I had a pair of shades that I absolutely loved and they disappeared on the golf course. I took the cart back through 5 holes, trying my best to follow the path I was on, but no luck. They were a $15 pair from Foleys and I was TICKED.

It's really hard for me to find shades because I like the brown faded finish and it's almost impossible to find those any more. I don't mind the aviators either, but you can't even find them with the fade (though I prefer a smaller frame). I found some the other day at one of those sunglass kiosks in the mall (after searching through literally 7 different malls and different stores), and I got them for $12. I will do everything in my power to keep these bad boys safe.

mdklatt
4/30/2008, 05:23 PM
Anybody who wears their sunglasses upside down on the back of their head when not in use deserves to lose them, because that just looks totally ******tastic. Just sayin'.

Harry Beanbag
4/30/2008, 06:08 PM
I've never lost a pair of sunglasses, and I've never paid more than $15 for a pair.