PDA

View Full Version : Gator QB busts vs. our own

47straight
4/29/2008, 10:56 PM
I was tipped off to this article off of everyday should be saturday:

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/090800/col_4009194.html

Florida has had a similar run of big time QB recruit busts. Who has had it worse, us or them?

goingoneight
4/30/2008, 12:15 AM
Until the day comes that Tebow gets kicked off the team the first day of fall camp, I'd have to say us. :(

swardboy
4/30/2008, 04:48 AM
That article is over seven years old....I think that so much more is asked of qb's today in high school with all the seven on seven camps and off-season programs....that it helps weed out the lackadaisical dudes. OUr present stable of qb's seem to all have a high commitment level to the program.

yermom
4/30/2008, 09:08 AM
FSU's QBs have been much worse

SoonerStormchaser
4/30/2008, 11:44 AM
Yah...I miss Chris Rix

yermom
4/30/2008, 11:52 AM
him and the "Son of God" :D

rainiersooner
4/30/2008, 12:19 PM
Our QBs just had bad luck: falling out of pick up trucks drunk, not being able to count up hours on the job, etc. Don't blame them: Blame Venables!!

Animal Mother
4/30/2008, 12:33 PM
Our QBs just had bad luck: falling out of pick up trucks drunk, not being able to count up hours on the job, etc. Don't blame them: Blame Venables!!

That's funny sh!t rainiersooner. I hear that Venables was also seen on the grassy knoll near Dealey Plaza in Dallas circa 1963.

badger
4/30/2008, 02:36 PM
Ok, ok, let's be fair to outdated article... perhaps times do not change and Florida quarterbacks like Steve Spurrier can wint the Heisman but can't succeed in the NFL (either as a quarterback or a coach, lol).

Shall we elaborate?

Heisman winnarz:
Tim Tebow: Here at Florida, to get championships we run the ball and jump pass the ball to the hoop... I mean endzone.

Strengths: Can pwn a college line for rushing TD's and pwn corners for "jump pass" TD's.
Weaknesses: Public cell phone numbers, Tigah Bait, too many hits in college to last long in NFL
Outlook: A bad decision to ride a motorcycle OR a bad decision to try to pound past a pro lineman will lead to an early demise in the NFL.

Danny Waffle: I'm one of millions to win the Orange Bowl for the orange and blue.
Strengths: Hype and a stiff armed trophy.
Weaknesses: Hype and a weak armed arm.
Outlook: Well, if the Packers cut him instead of trading him to be a starter for another team, you know he's a fail.

ok, now let's look at a few of our formers, just for argument's sake...

Troy Aikman: We love to recruit our in-state talent, even if they're from Henryetta (NTTAWWT!!!!).
Strengths: Can pass really, really well.
Weaknesses: What's a wishbone?
Outlook: Who knew that you'd have to meet Barry Switzer again? ...I mean on a televison commentator pregame?

Josh Heupel: There's just something about this Bob Stoops guy that tells me he can turn around this once-legendary Oklahoma program, even if they haven't had a winning season in awhile. I mean, look at Florida's quarterbacks. The defense they went against (and Stoops coached) in practices destroyed their confidence and their future professional careers!
Strengths: Torrance calls me his "boy," and I'm gonna get my trophy back by throwing incredibly long bomb passes.
Weaknesses: Two seconds with the Dolphins organization these days makes you feel like a loser... and I'm no loser!
Outlook: Teaching quarterbacks to fake out defenses by pretending to hold the ball after handing it off, running up and down the sidelines to get the crowd fired up and wearing a Stoops-style visor assure him that the head coaching duties will be his to take in a few seasons.

Nate Hybl: No, sorry, you're thinking of Heu-pel. My name's Hy-bl. H-Y-B-L. Hybl.

Strengths: When your second option loses an ACL and your third option jumps out of a truck, I'm your man, coach. Hey, that Rose Bowl looks fun. Why haven't the Sooners played here before?
Weaknesses: No open receivers? Run, Nate, Run! No, Nate, No! Poor Nate, poor.
Outlook: Name one other Stoops quarterback to make an NFL main roster. Come on, you know you can... no you can't!

Jason White: Head, shoulders... and toes... AND TOES!

Strengths: Has every reason to be cocky, from touchdowns to insanely long passes, but without the cocky attitude... or the cocky ACLs to get in the way.
Weaknesses: A lot of poise, but shaky around where the knees should be.
Outlook: Coming to a mall near you, Jason White's Store Divided! Now with 100 percent less OSU stuff!

R**** B****: Man, this is so humiliating, losing to Oklahoma State. Think Stoops will let me attend his pro day like Allen?

Strengths: Experience with handling levels of income not known to most college athletes... except in the SEC.
Weaknesses: Shut up, Heupel. I'm gonna run whether you like it or... OWWWW!!! INJURY?? How did that happen?!
Outlook: Scrambling quarterbacks in the NFL are either suffering the Madden curse (VY) or the Dogfightin' curse (Vick).

Paul Thompson: I'm your man, coach. WR? I'm your man. QB? I'm your man. ENA? ...no, I'm your man, not your ENA.

Strengths: Has the distinct experience of knowing where to throw to receivers and where to catch from quarterbacks.
Weaknesses: Veteran starting quarterbacks in the NFL now like to play until they are 40, unlike most positions that quit after three years, meaning that QB pro spots are harder to come by.
Outlook: Practice squad in 07 means there's a chance PT will get some PT (playing time) in 2008.

StoopTroup
5/1/2008, 01:14 PM
Heh.

Coming to a mall near you, Jason White's Store Divided! Now with 100 percent less OSU stuff!

MojoRisen
5/9/2008, 03:16 PM
Nichol just Transfered - Damn