PDA

View Full Version : Red Pistachio Nuts

VeeJay
4/29/2008, 08:23 PM
Tip: I would advise against snacking on these during the workday.

Result is bright red dye remaining on your lips the rest of the day.

:pop:

olevetonahill
4/29/2008, 08:44 PM
How does it feel to be looked at like yer a Fag ?

4/29/2008, 08:50 PM
Go with the green stachios. Never understood the red dye. Equally as rich and don't leave you looking like "yer a Fag." ;)

VeeJay
4/29/2008, 08:54 PM
How does it feel to be looked at like yer a Fag ?

Like you never took a break from changing out a transmission and sucked on a handful of red pistachio nuts. Please.

olevetonahill
4/29/2008, 08:59 PM
12 the Green ones may not make you look like a fag , But you will resemble a Oregon Duck .:P
Vee I dont think Ive ever tried any .

VeeJay
4/29/2008, 09:03 PM
Well, I did once and only once - about five years ago. Guys I worked with laughed their arses off.

I was in Walgreens a little while ago, waiting for a prescription and I spotted dem bad boys on the shelf.

olevetonahill
4/29/2008, 09:07 PM
Like I said they Called ya a Fag !:D
I really dont think Ive ever tried em. If I have I cant member:eek:

4/29/2008, 09:34 PM
Just get the natural, un-died pistachios. They taste every bit the same. I have no idea why it was ever a good idea to spray them down with dye.

And Olevet, if you haven't had 'em, you have missed out.

VeeJay
4/29/2008, 09:39 PM
The black dye would be better. If a sumbitch has to have his lips a different color, I think the gothic is more menacing.

olevetonahill
4/29/2008, 10:10 PM
Just get the natural, un-died pistachios. They taste every bit the same. I have no idea why it was ever a good idea to spray them down with dye.

And Olevet, if you haven't had 'em, you have missed out.

I think Ill spend My money On Peanuts In the Shell and Natty ;)

4/29/2008, 10:14 PM
Natty Stachios are good, my friend. Only cost you a buck at the quick stop to give it a shot.

Unless you are yankin' my chain and have tried pistachios.

olevetonahill
4/29/2008, 10:18 PM
Natty Stachios are good, my friend. Only cost you a buck at the quick stop to give it a shot.

Unless you are yankin' my chain and have tried pistachios.

Ive seen em , I dont think Ive ever tried em tho , Maybe when I was drunk Or sompun ;)
Arnt they Like a Big Sunflower seed ?

4/29/2008, 10:24 PM
Pretty much. Little richer. Less salty. Lots-o-flavor. Worth a shot. If anything, they don't taste like dirt like those, er... well... er... Brazil nuts.

GottaHavePride
4/29/2008, 10:40 PM
Why the red dye:

According to Wikipedia, they would dye the shells red to disguise stains left when the pistachios were picked by hand. Apparently something in the shells reacts funny with the oils on a person's hand and turns colors, so they'd just dye them all red. Now they're picked by machine so no worries.

And brazil nuts aren't actually nuts. They're seeds. But yeah, they have a kind of dirty taste if there's too much (read: ANY) of the outer coat left on them.

GottaHavePride
4/29/2008, 10:40 PM
Oh, and pistachios are best in baklava.

4/29/2008, 11:04 PM
Why the red dye:

According to Wikipedia, they would dye the shells red to disguise stains left when the pistachios were picked by hand. Apparently something in the shells reacts funny with the oils on a person's hand and turns colors, so they'd just dye them all red. Now they're picked by machine so no worries.

And brazil nuts aren't actually nuts. They're seeds. But yeah, they have a kind of dirty taste if there's too much (read: ANY) of the outer coat left on them.

That would make sense, I guess. If you were a NUT RETARD!

I wonder how much unspeakable gunk we've all eaten during our FDA-inspected lives.

I also wonder what the standards of the peanut, bean and other legumes have brought worth to our world.

Am I bitchin' about Pistachio DISCRIMINATION? Hell YEAH!@!

;)

olevetonahill
4/29/2008, 11:08 PM
Nothin Unsanitary has Evar touched My mouth
I made sure they Had that Napkin ;)

GottaHavePride
4/29/2008, 11:08 PM
I wonder how much unspeakable gunk we've all eaten during our FDA-inspected lives.

Dude, high fructose corn syrup is in EVERYthing. I'm convinced that **** causes fat people and diabetes.