PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal

4/28/2008, 11:44 PM
Anyone catch him on Leno? Seems like a very likeable guy who has been effective in his home state.

TU, any opinion? He's been pegged as a possible running mate for McCain. After hearing him, it would certainly add interest to the presidential run.

As an aside, he was born Piyush Jindal to India-born parents, but adopted the name "Bobby" from his favorite Brady Bunch character as a kid.

If he was "Sam the Butcher Jindal," I would TOTALLY back this dude.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/28/2008, 11:58 PM
He should prolly decline an association with the McCain ticket.

Jimminy Crimson
4/28/2008, 11:59 PM
I'm a big Bobby J fan!

Him or Charlie Crist are my personal VP faves.

4/29/2008, 12:12 AM
I can imagine he is a local favorite. I like how he mentioned New Orleans as a "blank sheet of paper;" inviting all of America to invest in what they would like a city to be like and develope it as such.

I guess if I were to make a suggestion on that blank page, I'd address the strong urine odor around many of the city's landmarks.

New Orleans has too long been a "great place to visit."

swardboy
4/29/2008, 08:29 AM
He should prolly decline an association with the McCain ticket.

Definitely. Bobby doesn't need to compromise his conservative credentials by partnering with "make everyone happy" McCain....

batonrougesooner
4/29/2008, 12:00 PM
Jindal is a sharp guy. He's going places.

The state got a mulligan with him after Katrina. Big collective oops once they all saw the job Blanco was doing.

TUSooner
4/29/2008, 12:37 PM
Everybody I've talked to about him thinks he's great, even if they don't agree with all of his social conservatism. Even the liberals know he's got plenty of well-aimed smarts. Some think of him as our nerd-hero. I think he's the best thing to happen to Louisiana since me, 30 years ago. :) :rolleyes:
Seriously, a lot of hopes are riding on this guy, just because he's so smart and competent and honest. Not a bad 3 things to be.
Geaux Bobby!

picasso
4/29/2008, 12:41 PM
he ain't no Bobby Bouche!

Widescreen
4/29/2008, 12:42 PM
he's so smart and competent and honest.
There's no way a La politician has those characteristics.

4/29/2008, 02:47 PM
Well, I'm relieved to hear locals saying my first impression of him wasn't far off-base. He said so many of the right things that I believe he could further his political career one day should he choose to do so. He kept stressing how he is "not a politician and never intended to be."

sooneron
4/29/2008, 02:51 PM
He kept stressing how he is "not a politician and never intended to be."

Isn't that right there sort of a .... lie?:D

royalfan5
4/29/2008, 02:52 PM
Seriously, a lot of hopes are riding on this guy, just because he's so smart and competent and honest. Not a bad 3 things to be.
Geaux Bobby!
So you are saying he will only end up on probation at the conclusion of his term instead of a prison term?

TUSooner
4/29/2008, 03:09 PM
Let me put it another way. When people of all stripes and persuasions are griping about the multitude of totally effed up things in New Orleans, they'll often add: "At least we got Bobby."
That's pretty good praise.

soonerscuba
4/29/2008, 03:16 PM
Bobby Jindal, huh? What's it like to have a secret Muslim as governor?

<ducks>

TUSooner
4/29/2008, 03:52 PM
Bobby Jindal, huh? What's it like to have a secret Muslim as governor?

<ducks> I think he's more likley to be a secret Hindu. :D

But seriously, you evidently missed the Democratic Party's campaign ads that accused him of being TOO Catholic (i.e. anti-Protestant). It was a cheap and deliberate twisting of a young man's earnest spiritual quest.