PDA

View Full Version : Who is Having a Worse Year Than Roger Clemens?

Mjcpr
4/28/2008, 12:34 PM
I'd guess the list would be pretty short. :D

Lawyers for McNamee intend to capitalize on allegations of Clemens' affair

NEW YORK -- Saying "all is fair game," lawyers for Roger Clemens' former personal trainer Brian McNamee say they intend to capitalize on allegations of an extra-marital affair involving Clemens and a country music singer in defending a defamation suit Clemens filed against McNamee.

The New York Daily News, citing "several" unnamed sources, reported on its Web site Sunday night that Clemens and country singer Mindy McCready had a decade-long affair. Clemens' lawyer, Rusty Hardin, said Clemens and McCready had a friendship and nothing more.

"If true, it's just another example of Roger's pervasive prevarications which will be at the core of any defamation case," said McNamee's attorney, Richard Emery, in an e-mail to The Associated Press.

"He flatly denies having had any kind of an inappropriate relationship with her," Hardin said, according to the Daily News. "He's considered her a close family friend ... He has never had a sexual relationship with her."

"The issue in Roger's suit against McNamee is Roger's reputation and how it has been damaged," Emery said, according to the Daily News. "If it's proved that he's a philanderer, his reputation is already damaged. When you sue for defamation, you put your whole reputation in the community at issue.

Anything is fair game, including his claim of sanctimonious purity. We would cross-examine him and other witnesses who might impact on his alleged behavior. We would probably subpoena her and witnesses who knew [of the relationship]. He's a 'family man' -- he implies that. It's about what his damages are. All is fair game."

McCready's lawyer, Lee Ofman, said he did not have any comment on the Daily News story, according to the Associated Press.

Clemens filed a defamation suit against McNamee on Jan. 6. Clemens is under investigation for perjury relating to his testimony before Congress earlier this year involving the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

The allegations, according to the Daily News, claim Clemens was 28 when he first had contact with McCready. She was 15 when he noticed her at a Fort Myers, Fla., bar while out with his Red Sox teammates, according to the Daily News.

The Daily News report made no mention of when the alleged affair began.
McCready is attempting a comeback after seeing her career hit the skids, after her first album went platinum. She was arrested for prescription fraud in 2004, according to the Daily News, and had a son with Billy McKnight.

A documentary on her life is scheduled to begin filming in Nashville, according to the Daily News. A new album and reality show are also planned.

"She's trying to get back to where she was early in her career," said Michael Freeman, the president of Iconic Records who is the executive producer on McCready's "Fallen Angel" documentary and her "Mending Mindy" reality series. "She's a great person, and this will help her get back in the good graces with the industry."

According to the Daily News, McCready and Clemens traveled together and she attended a game at Yankee Stadium at one point. She and other members of her family also flew on a plane provided by Clemens, according to the Daily News and Hardin.

Hardin told the Daily News that Clemens' wife, Debbie, knew McCready. The Daily News, without citing a source, said McNamee "has confirmed that he saw Clemens and McCready together on many occasions."

The Daily News said Clemens sent cash to McCready to help her with legal issues and reached out to her when she was in jail last year in Tennessee for violating probation after allegedly hitting her mother.

Clemens told Congress on Feb. 13 that his family has been vital to him during his career.

"Anyone who has spent time around me knows that my family is and has always been my top priority," it said in a portion of the opening statement he delivered. "My wife, Debbie, and my sons -- Koby, Kory, Kacy and Kody -- mean more to me than anything in the world."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3371824

StoopTroup
4/28/2008, 12:43 PM
GW?

royalfan5
4/28/2008, 12:44 PM
Well when you have been a part of three of the most evil organizations in sports bad things happen to you.

tommieharris91
4/28/2008, 12:47 PM
Well when you have been a part of three of the most evil organizations in sports bad things happen to you.

The Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, and... MLBPA? Just wonderin...

royalfan5
4/28/2008, 12:49 PM
The Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees, and... MLBPA? Just wonderin...
Whorns

royalfan5
4/28/2008, 12:49 PM
what, the whorns, MFYs and the blue jays? ;)

The Red Sox. They are stealth evil.

soonerinabilene
4/28/2008, 12:53 PM
She used to be sooo hot. Meth is helluva drug.

TUSooner
4/28/2008, 01:29 PM
You know what? I don't care what Roger did or didn't do. I just plain never liked the whorn-yankee SOB, and I never will.
And you can't make me!

Flagstaffsooner
4/28/2008, 01:45 PM
You know what? I don't care what Roger did or didn't do. I just plain never liked the whorn-yankee SOB, and I never will.
And you can't make me!Ya gotta love this guy.

Curly Bill
4/28/2008, 02:09 PM
And you can't make me!

Couldn't have said it better myself. SPEK to you. :D

Taxman71
4/28/2008, 02:28 PM
Here's to seeing Dean Cain go Kid Rock to Tommy Lee on Clemens.

Hot Rod
4/28/2008, 02:31 PM
Who is Having a Worse Year Than Roger Clemens? Any young female celebrity these days. He's just the sports version of them.

OKLA21FAN
4/28/2008, 02:42 PM
it can only get worse if he hears this in the near future.

"Hello Roger, I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC"

C&CDean
4/28/2008, 02:48 PM
Who gives a ****? He's a filthy whorn.

TUSooner
4/28/2008, 03:44 PM
Another reason to hate the guy: He went on a big "round-the-league" farewell tour and then didn't have the grace and decency to go away.

Partial Qualifier
4/28/2008, 03:48 PM
my sons -- Koby, Kory, Kacy and Kody

that's pretty damn gay. NTTAWWT.

Taxman71
4/28/2008, 03:49 PM

Is there any other kind?

And, yes, Roger better start hiding some cash when his wife finally has her fill of the Rocket.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/28/2008, 03:55 PM
Barry Zito.

4/28/2008, 03:58 PM

Not sure why, but when someone describes a whorn as "filthy" it always makes me chuckle.

Taxman71
4/28/2008, 05:05 PM

And more than a little racist.....

yermom
4/28/2008, 05:17 PM
now with 33% more racism?

tulsaoilerfan
4/29/2008, 09:56 PM
Is it even necessary to put the word filthy in front of whorn? That's pretty much a given

4/29/2008, 10:01 PM
Charlton Heston?

bri
4/29/2008, 10:07 PM
it can only get worse if he hears this in the near future.

"Hello Roger, I'm Chris Hansen with Dateline NBC"

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/2402465462_15dd0511b0_o.jpg

Blue
4/29/2008, 10:28 PM
Self righteous know it all prick. Naming his sons all K's is vanity in it's highest.

bri
4/29/2008, 11:14 PM
Well, I guess naming them "15-day DL" and "part-time starter" would have been a little too on the nose.

Ike
4/30/2008, 04:41 PM
Barry Zito.

heh.

spek.

Beef
4/30/2008, 04:42 PM

Kweer?

Beef
5/1/2008, 11:20 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/extramustard/specials/morning_jolt/2008/05/01/morning.jolt/index.html
He was boinking John Daly's wife.

OklahomaRed
5/1/2008, 12:37 PM
I thought I heard on ESPN Radio yesterday that McCready admitted to the affair? I could be wrong, but that's what I thought they said.

soonerboomer93
5/1/2008, 01:33 PM
maybe they shoud have nicknamed him "Rabbit" and not "Rocket"

Taxman71
5/1/2008, 01:57 PM
Treading where John Daly has been? That is bad, really bad.

Of all the famous people in the world you wouldn't want to have running smack on you, Daly is up there.

Beef
5/1/2008, 02:03 PM
Treading where John Daly has been? That is bad, really bad.

Of all the famous people in the world you wouldn't want to have running smack on you, Daly is up there.

Not to mention who knows what all he's put his drunken hillbilly pecker in and passed along to her.

r5TPsooner
5/1/2008, 05:02 PM
Not to mention who knows what all he's put his drunken hillbilly pecker in and passed along to her.

:eek: :texan:

Taxman71
5/1/2008, 05:04 PM

I was thinking about his headcover........woooo.....pigggg.....sooooie.