PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so who missed me...

Osce0la
4/28/2008, 12:34 PM
who missed me? who even noticed I was gone? and who is going to leave the crippling amount of red spek because they are p*ssed that I came back? :D

What have I missed over the last month (which I have spent in the pit of hell)?

To sum things up on my end, my in-laws got their tax money back, got a new car, and gave my wife and I their old (I say old, it is a 2000) Taurus. He told me to 'keep an eye on the transmission fluid' - so the second week of owning this car I had to park it at my mom's house so my stepfather and I could pull the motor and replace a seal in the transmission (thanks for the lemon in laws:mad:) - not to mention there was maybe 6 drops of power steering fluid in the car :mad:. Anyway, got the new job, hated the new job, Murphy's Law kicked in during the second week of said job (including being constantly late because I was having to attend to the sh*thole car my in laws gave us), and was fired from said job last Friday. So, all in all I would say things have been less than great here...

Oh, and I was supposed to go and work out at Talladega this past weekend (would've made $200 for working) but couldn't do it because I was pulling a damn motor on the aforementioned POS car we were given. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

edit: and one last thing: F*** the state of Alabama. I went to the unemployment office this morning just to try and help out until I found another job - THEY ARE CLOSED FOR THE F***ING CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

soonerinabilene
4/28/2008, 01:03 PM
edit: and one last thing: F*** the state of Alabama. I went to the unemployment office this morning just to try and help out until I found another job - THEY ARE CLOSED FOR THE F***ING CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL DAY?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!

Dude, all that seriously sucks, and you are in my prayers, but the fact that Talladega and the Confederate Memorial Day are on consecutive days made me laugh, because that has GOT to be more than just a coincedince.

imjebus
4/28/2008, 04:13 PM
who missed me? who even noticed I was gone? and who is going to leave the crippling amount of red spek because they are p*ssed that I came back? :D

What have I missed over the last month (which I have spent in the pit of hell)?

To sum things up on my end, my in-laws got their tax money back, got a new car, and gave my wife and I their old (I say old, it is a 2000) Taurus. He told me to 'keep an eye on the transmission fluid' - so the second week of owning this car I had to park it at my mom's house so my stepfather and I could pull the motor and replace a seal in the transmission (thanks for the lemon in laws:mad:) - not to mention there was maybe 6 drops of power steering fluid in the car :mad:. Anyway, got the new job, hated the new job, Murphy's Law kicked in during the second week of said job (including being constantly late because I was having to attend to the sh*thole car my in laws gave us), and was fired from said job last Friday. So, all in all I would say things have been less than great here...

Oh, and I was supposed to go and work out at Talladega this past weekend (would've made $200 for working) but couldn't do it because I was pulling a damn motor on the aforementioned POS car we were given. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Someone gave you a car and you are bitching about it being a POS.... I wish someone would give me a POS car. Quit your bitching....

birddog
4/28/2008, 04:29 PM
Someone gave you a car and you are bitching about it being a POS.... I wish someone would give me a POS car. Quit your bitching....

an 8 year old taurus isn't exactly a great gift. sometimes it's easier to unload a lemon than to keep pouring money into it.

in this case, i'm pretty sure i'd be complaining because now it's MY problem.

M
4/28/2008, 04:35 PM

Would you be interested in a red '91 Beretta?

yermom
4/28/2008, 05:22 PM
an 8 year old taurus isn't exactly a great gift. sometimes it's easier to unload a lemon than to keep pouring money into it.

heh. i got one that was about 10 years old

man, i hated that car

StoopTroup
4/28/2008, 05:39 PM

Heh.

I've got two right now.

Both paid for too.

1993 and 1995.

We sold both our new cars (one of them 13 MPG!) and are loving the free ride as gas goes up.

I think I'm gonna buy a motorcycle soon.

All the cool guys are doing it. :D

mdklatt
4/28/2008, 05:58 PM
Would you be interested in a red '91 Beretta?

Can you have sex on it?

4/28/2008, 06:09 PM
Of course we missed you. It isn't like you are a threat to OUr football team or anything.;)

Sorry to hear about your woes. Hope it is all looking up for you and yours soon.

4/28/2008, 06:14 PM
You're a good egg, Osce0la. And honestly, you guys brought your A-game in 1964.

I hate kicking a man when he's down, but... well... yeah, sorry I brought up football. Good luck with your life stuff. Sound like you are struggling and I do wish you well.

BajaOklahoma
4/28/2008, 07:10 PM
Life could be worse. My dad loaned me his turquoise Corvair to drive my sophomore year at OU. Unsafe at any speed ring a bell?
The mailman helped me change a tire.
Then I had to replace them all.
The alternator belt broke on I-35, near the artillary hill. The car was full of all my worldly goods.
Any question that my dad hated me?

Osce0la
4/28/2008, 08:10 PM

It is a used car, so I expect there to be problems - but for it to be to that extent one week after it was given to me (not to mention the fact that he stated that he had to keep an eye on the transmission fluid) meant the problem was there for a while and he kept ignoring it...it reminded me of the commercial where a guys engine was knocking, so he turned up the radio, the wife said she could still hear it, so he turned the radio even louder...If a transmission is leaking, you don't ignore it...I could have even looked completely past it had he gotten out here and helped us fix it...but instead he just told my wife "It never did that for me, it only leaked a couple of drops", pretty much telling me he wants to take no blame for any part of it.

Either way, as soon as everything is switched into our name we are selling it and getting something smaller that uses less gas (and that is preferably a stick shift)...

Anyway, hope everyone has been doing well. I will likely check in tomorrow (being that I don't have to work and all :()