PDA

View Full Version : Don't fall in love... In Iraq

SoonerTerry
4/28/2008, 07:08 AM
this is incredible.. and sickening.

This place is full of hate (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/girl-17-killed-in-iraq-for-loving-a-british-soldier-816301.html)

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 07:18 AM
Bro It aint Just Iraq .
Its the South back in the 60s , Its the Holocaust In WW2 , Its the Crusades, Its the Spanish Inquisition !
Its any time People Anywhere Let Religious Extremest Control em .
just sayin

SoonerTerry
4/28/2008, 07:22 AM
True..

But to beat your oun spawn to death?

makes me sick

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 07:28 AM
True..

But to beat your oun spawn to death?

makes me sick

Religious Extremist,
Salem Witches ring a bell ?
Ill say It again There has been More Harm to the Human Race thru Religion than any other Factor ( IMO)

crawfish
4/28/2008, 07:42 AM
Religious Extremist,
Salem Witches ring a bell ?
Ill say It again There has been More Harm to the Human Race thru Religion than any other Factor ( IMO)

...and more good.

It's a paradox. :)

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 07:47 AM
...and more good.

It's a paradox. :)

So if I have two Faucets running into the same sink, One spewing Poison, the Other Pouring out the Milk Of Human kindness .
I should drink Of what Comes Out the Drain ?

XingTheRubicon
4/28/2008, 07:54 AM
vet, I think Terry may be inferring that it's two thousand freaking eight last time I checked.

I'm pretty sure Alabama, Germany, England, and Spain have had their "honor killings" at a minimum for about 40 to 500 years.

sooner_born_1960
4/28/2008, 07:55 AM
So if I have two Faucets running into the same sink, One spewing Poison, the Other Pouring out the Milk Of Human kindness .
No, silly. You should drink out of the Natty can sitting on the counter.

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 08:19 AM
No, silly. You should drink out of the Natty can sitting on the counter.

My bad again :O

crawfish
4/28/2008, 08:22 AM

Anything that has power can be used for good or evil. Guns can shoot the bad guys or the good guys indiscriminately. Nuclear energy can provide power for a city, or blow it up. Genetic research will enable us one day keep people healthier than ever in history, but will also pave the way for some truly nasty new diseases. Patriotism has been used to unite a country into fighting for liberty, and it has been used to fuel holocausts and genocides.

If a thing has power, it has equal power to do good or evil. Few things are as powerful than religion. The key is in how the power is used and who uses it. Unless we change the root cause - the people who would use power for evil purposes - then the only way to reduce the inhumanity is to eviscarate ourselves from all forms of power entirely.

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 08:32 AM
Anything that has power can be used for good or evil. Guns can shoot the bad guys or the good guys indiscriminately. Nuclear energy can provide power for a city, or blow it up. Genetic research will enable us one day keep people healthier than ever in history, but will also pave the way for some truly nasty new diseases. Patriotism has been used to unite a country into fighting for liberty, and it has been used to fuel holocausts and genocides.

If a thing has power, it has equal power to do good or evil. Few things are as powerful than religion. The key is in how the power is used and who uses it. Unless we change the root cause - the people who would use power for evil purposes - then the only way to reduce the inhumanity is to eviscarate ourselves from all forms of power entirely.

So then its what I said ?
Its "Anytime People anywhere Let Religious extremest Control em "
Gotcha , I unnerstand
:P

SoonerTerry
4/28/2008, 08:35 AM
Xing said it.. I find it incredible that it still happens today.

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 08:37 AM
Xing said it.. I find it incredible that it still happens today.

Bros Terry and Xing
Its 840 BC somewhere On this Planet .

SoonerTerry
4/28/2008, 08:40 AM
Bros Terry and Xing
Its 840 BC somewhere On this Planet .

A lot of places evidently.

olevetonahill
4/28/2008, 09:48 AM
A lot of places evidently.

My point !:P