PDA

View Full Version : With all the players in the Big 12..........

Sooner24
4/25/2008, 09:28 PM
Going pro early or graduating we could be the favorite to win the conference next year. :eek:

Ash
4/25/2008, 10:14 PM
I don't think we'll be the favorites to win the conference but we should be predicted to be in the top 3.

If everything works out, and the new players contribute as expected, we will challenge for the conference champeenship.

Vegas Sooner
4/26/2008, 10:34 AM
just top 3.

Sooner24
4/26/2008, 11:23 AM
just top 3.

Texas
Kansas
Oklahoma :confused:

badger
4/26/2008, 01:03 PM
Texas
Kansas
Oklahoma :confused:

No, no, no. You have it all wrong. According to OP, it goes as follows:

1- OSU starters
2- OSU bench
3- Fair weather fan cheatin' Gooners.

TOP THREE FROM A CREDIBLE SOURCE! ;)

tommieharris91
4/26/2008, 01:07 PM
Robert Allen is not a credible source.

poke4christ
4/27/2008, 09:31 AM
Some people will predict OU above 3rd, but due to history most will pick it:

1. Kansas
2. UT
3. OU

I haven't followed BBall well enough recently to have a worth while opinion on what I think it should be though. OSU is a little bit of a crap shoot. We've got the tallent to compete for the Championship, but we haven't lived up to it. It all depends on what Ford does.

King Crimson
4/27/2008, 09:40 AM
i wouldn't count out Baylor as a dark horse, Jerrells and 3 other starters are back.....but, as long as KU has the North rotation and get half of their games against ATM, UT, OU, OSU etc. at Allen.....they are the favorite on win total alone.

not going to be a great year for the conference, IMO. we need to win some road games in the North to be "in it".

tommieharris91
4/27/2008, 12:52 PM
Some people will predict OU above 3rd, but due to history most will pick it:

1. Kansas
2. UT
3. OU

I haven't followed BBall well enough recently to have a worth while opinion on what I think it should be though. OSU is a little bit of a crap shoot. We've got the tallent to compete for the Championship, but we haven't lived up to it. It all depends on what Ford does.

I think there's a lot of talent in that program right now. The pokes might have been the most underachieving team in the nation the past 2 years. I think Ford was a pretty good hire, but I also think a monkey would have been an upgrade over ratboy.

Ash
4/27/2008, 01:18 PM
I think there's a lot of talent in that program right now. The pokes might have been the most underachieving team in the nation the past 2 years. I think Ford was a pretty good hire, but I also think a monkey would have been an upgrade over ratboy.

Long rangy athletes. Not great shooters. But the biggest problem was coach Sean letting them tell him what kind of offense they wanted to run. They need some structure to help teach them the game. Low bball IQ. And it doesn't help when your overrated overweight on-court leader of the team doesn't show up on a consistent basis and obviously doesn't respect the game or the program.

badger
4/27/2008, 01:39 PM

I would compare OSU basketball's situation to the OU football situation of 1998-99. Bob Stoops comes in, looks around and sees talent. He doesn't need to hardcore recruit, because there's Rocky, there's Roy, there's Trent, there's Josh, there's many others. All he sees is a team that needs better direction and better conditions. So what does he do? He gets garbage cans installed on the sidelines of the practice field and makes 'em wanna puke :D

So that is what OSU needs to do with their guys. Stop coddling them and letting them coast to another NIT bid only to watch them falter in the first round. Tell them that mentality is wrong, 'cuz IT'S GARBAGE. You don't have the talent to make it to the NCAA's? THAT'S NOT TRUE! THAT AIN'T TRUE. Dag nabbit, the OSU team should be challenging us for "best in state," but have had no motivation from a coach that apparently missed practices and showed up late other times. That type of attitude rubs off on guys like draft jumper JamesOn Curry and the growing butt of Eaton.

So, what does OSU need to do? They need to do what Stoops did in 1999, or what Bear Bryant did in Junction to aTm. Install those GARBAGE cans and make 'em wanna PUKE :D

(And btw, this is not an endorsement of OSU basketball, which I believe is still inferior to OU by a longshot, especially in the coming season. I just think it would be best for the Big 12 and the state to stop watching little sister school p!ss away so much talent and potential for once. However, I still would like to see them lose repeatedly to OU in head-to-head matchups and in the recruiting battlefield.)

King Crimson
4/27/2008, 01:45 PM
Josh was not on campus when Stoops arrived.

sorry. i stopped reading there. unless you mean Josh Norman.

badger
4/27/2008, 04:54 PM
Josh was not on campus when Stoops arrived.

sorry. i stopped reading there. unless you mean Josh Norman.

Yeah, I should have included last names. The point is that the talent is there for OSU, but like many talented athletes out there, they haven't seen their full potential and really, if they haven't yet, I would question whether or not they actually want to reach it, or if they would prefer being Big Men on (tiny) Campus and just coast till graduation and wonder why they're not getting any pro contracts.

OU football, however, obviously wanted to reach their full potential and came alive under Stoops :D OSU basketball? Weeeeell, Ford's no Bill Self :rolleyes:

Big Red Ron
4/27/2008, 05:04 PM
If texas loses their PG, I'd say; 1) Kansas 2) Oklahoma 3) texas