PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Sampson to coach at...

The Maestro
4/25/2008, 01:53 PM
...the Milwaukee Bucks.

W-O-W!

This organization goes willy nilly into a situation so fraught with complication.

If that's how you spell fraught.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3365899

Nice hire, Skiles. Must be the Michigan State connection.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/25/2008, 01:58 PM
well, that explains why the dallas players are on their cell phones during games...

tommieharris91
4/25/2008, 02:16 PM
How could he get tired of working at the AT&T Center?

Mad Dog Madsen
4/25/2008, 02:22 PM
Best of luck to him.....

No, not really.

yermom
4/25/2008, 03:01 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0424/ncb_a_sampson1_200.jpg

NCAA violations led Kelvin Sampson to leave Indiana in February. He accepted a $750,000 buyout in exchange for his resignation.

i'd be smiling too

Ash
4/25/2008, 03:40 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0424/ncb_a_sampson1_200.jpg

i'd be smiling too

Kinda like rat boy who's getting 200gr every month for doing a crappy job.

Dio
4/25/2008, 04:13 PM
Will Calvin be able to adjust to the NBA game? I mean, his players will only have to kill 23 seconds before lobbing up a crappy shot, not 34.

badger
4/25/2008, 04:16 PM
Lifelong Bucks fan (although NP is trying to convert me to the Spurs) here.

The Bucks are like any down-on-luck small market team, almost like the Golden State Warriors. We were once the best team in the country with Lew Alcindor and Oscar Robertson. Lew became Kareem Abdul Jabbar and a Laker, and Robertson retired.

Since those glory years in the 70s, there have been few and far between moments on the top. We got the No. 1 pick in Glenn Robinson (please don't remind me that we could have had Jason Kidd, Grant Hill in his prime or Juwan Howard) then combined him with Ray Allen (we traded Stephon Marbury for him and got excessively booed. I'd like to think we made the right decision) and Sam Cassell to form the "Big 3." We went the Eastern Conference finals, only to lose out to the Sixers (who lost out to the Lakers) and we've sunk to mediocrity again.

Our bright moments since have been the No. 1 pick (we spent it on Bogut, please don't remind me all the players we could have had instead PLEASE) and convinced Yi Jianlian to not demand a trade. So, the future might be bright, KS included, just because we now have increased our Chinese fanbase by billion-fold within a year's time :rolleyes:

SteelClip49
4/25/2008, 06:41 PM
Sampson might end up with a title ring if the Spurs win it.

the_ouskull
4/30/2008, 09:52 AM
I can't wait for the first Mensa candidate to make a joke about one of his players leaving Milwaukee. First of all, it's called "free agency." Second, it's freaking Milwaukee. Who WOULDN'T want to leave that God-forsaken place?

If you're into cheese and fat chicks, it's the place for you. If not, they've got good enough beer to make you reconsider. That ought to be the state motto. What is it now? Something lame, I'm sure...

Edit: The state motto is "Forward." Heh. They also like to refer to themselves as "America's Dairyland." I'm sure that there are a million jokes to be made about this that I don't have the patience for at this time... I'd live there though. I love beer, and I'm set, girl-wise, so the beer/cheese goggles wouldn't hurt me too badly... they're second in the country in education, probably behind Minnesota. Figures. The two states where it's blistering cold during the winter are also the two states in which kids test the best. Shocker. Sigh.

Good luck, Coach.

the_ouskull

Big Red Ron
4/30/2008, 10:07 AM
Should be fun when he come to the OKC.

trey
4/30/2008, 11:07 AM
I wish he would get the head coaching job for the denver nuggets. i would love to see what melo and kmart would do when he gets in their face for not hustling.

Frozen Sooner
4/30/2008, 11:21 AM
Wisconsin: You're Among Cows.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/30/2008, 11:29 AM
I find it kinda funny that he goes to Badger's favorite NBA team..Sorry Badger but it is:D

badger
4/30/2008, 09:55 PM
I find it kinda funny that he goes to Badger's favorite NBA team..Sorry Badger but it is:D

Yeah, but like I said, NP is trying to convert me to the Spurs :rolleyes:

crawfish
5/1/2008, 09:52 AM
Hmmm... Word is, Kellen's back at OU as a GA...

stoops the eternal pimp
5/1/2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but like I said, NP is trying to convert me to the Spurs :rolleyes:

Good thing your man is not a Mavericks fan

Rhino
5/1/2008, 01:01 PM
Hmmm... Word is, Kellen's back at OU as a GA... Yep.

StoopTroup
5/1/2008, 01:03 PM
http://bradchoate.com/weblog/images/canyouhearmenowguy.jpg

AllAboutThe'O'
5/1/2008, 11:05 PM
One of Kelvin's former IU recruits apparently upset that Crean is using a different cell-phone plan:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3377706

Big Red Ron
5/1/2008, 11:24 PM
IU's going to suck for a long time.

NormanPride
5/5/2008, 10:44 AM
They should rename their arena to Dyson arena. :D

And baj, now I have ammo against you if you say the Spurs play boring basketball.

TopDawg
5/6/2008, 01:54 AM
He's got good mojo in Milwaukee.