PDA

View Full Version : Will OU be better in football next year ??

Soonerus
4/24/2008, 09:42 PM
I think so...

Sooner_09
4/24/2008, 10:19 PM
Do we have a footyball program?:confused:

Harry Beanbag
4/24/2008, 11:03 PM
Better than what? OSU? Yes.

GottaHavePride
4/24/2008, 11:16 PM
Better in football than basketball? Probably. ;)

JLEW1818
4/25/2008, 01:49 AM
All I know is my buddies who are OU haters till the day they die say “Oklahoma has the schedule to go undefeated this year, its only Oklahoma that can lose to Oklahoma." Yes I know we are in this situation every year. However we control our own destiny..... AND THIS YEAR BABY I THINK WE GOT MORE HEART THAN EVER BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KantoSooner
4/25/2008, 09:15 AM
The schedule, the players, the coaches. It's all there. Only question is whether the players want it to the point where losing is not even conceivable.

Training table should be piled with raw meat when the lads get back for summer drills.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/25/2008, 09:22 AM
Hells ya and give me my vcash!

yermom
4/25/2008, 09:23 AM
if they can improve on a Big 12 title season, i'll be pretty happy.

winning a BCS game would be nice :D

i don't really think our schedule is all that easy... we host KU, Pelini's new Nebraska team and Cincinatti, any of those could be trap games, really

and we have our biannual Aggie Tour, and as always Texas. Washington may be no slouch either with the way we play on the road and they have something to prove. they are going to give us their best game

but, as always, i think we have a shot if we win out. we should still be favorites in every game

boomersooner28
4/25/2008, 09:50 AM
The question is (and our season depends on), will Bradford be as good or better than last year? Colt McCoy had a subpar Sophomore season as do a lot of college phenom Freshman. Let's just hope that Bradford has a solid year.

NormanPride
4/25/2008, 10:03 AM
Bradford will have the Line, RBs, and TEs to be successful. The WRs will need to step up, and the RBs will need to perform up to and above last year's expectations.

Our LBs need to remain healthy. Our Secondary has to at least maintain its level of performance. Our Kicking game has to not suck.

soonerfan28
4/25/2008, 10:14 AM
The question is (and our season depends on), will Bradford be as good or better than last year? Colt McCoy had a subpar Sophomore season as do a lot of college phenom Freshman. Let's just hope that Bradford has a solid year.

McCoy had a rebuilt line and Bradford doesn't so we will be better next year. More quality depth at RB and we still have a lot of quality at WR. I think our D will be fine. We will have a really good D-line and our DB's will be really good next year. I think our only question is LB's and who will be where.

soonermix
4/25/2008, 10:46 AM
we will be as good and dominate as our defense plays

Collier11
4/25/2008, 11:34 AM
Still have a few unsettled variables, but I think OU could have a big yr next yr. I really want to see us come out and beat UW by 14 on the road and beat a decent Cincy and TCU team by 21 at home

ashley
4/25/2008, 11:36 AM
Yes, the QB will be better, the secondary will be better andthe schedule is good. College ball is about QB's and schedule.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/25/2008, 11:44 AM
no

Texas Golfer
4/26/2008, 03:41 PM
I have to believe that we'll be better or I have nothing to look forward to.

King Crimson
4/26/2008, 06:39 PM
i can honestly say i don't know.

but losing to Colorado has made my life suck out loud.

i'll say 10-2. if we beat Texas and win the XII championship game, another rah rah who cares BCS bowl. or play in the Cotton Bowl or San Diego again.

JLEW1818
4/26/2008, 08:37 PM
If we do lose a game this year in the regular season, it will be an upset ranking wise ... right?

BoulderSooner79
4/26/2008, 09:33 PM
Better team on the field or better results ?

I think OU should be a better team due to more experience and more depth. But winning the conference will be a challenge as usual - UT and Mizzou won't just offer it as a gift. Having a shot at the BCS title takes as much luck as it does talent and all the breaks would have to fall OU's way.

goingoneight
4/26/2008, 09:43 PM
If we do lose a game this year in the regular season, it will be an upset ranking wise ... right?

You never know... I mean... who really (and I mean REALLY) thought Missouri and Kansas would be top five at one point last year? All of you people who watch ESPN religiously and buy into the Chase Daniel hype don't count.

We know that at any given moment it could totally rain **** on us. What if Bradford goes down for the stretch of say... Texas, Kansas, @ K-State with a bad injury? What if there's a surprise team in the BIG 12 this year that nobody's onto yet? All I can say for Bob Stoops's luck with officiating and catching lucky breaks is that I'll be excited for another 11-win season, and absolutely thrilled to improve upon that.

Jacie
4/26/2008, 10:19 PM
Of the seven Sooner teams since #7, only one did not have a real shot at being #8. This year is no exception. Any loss will be an upset and the crowning achievement of 2008 for the team that beats Oklahoma. This squad has the potential to be better than last year and surpass the 2007 team's 11-3 record.

JLEW1818
4/26/2008, 10:20 PM
oh I agree with you, there's going to be a bust in the big 12 and a surprise.