PDA

View Full Version : OK, that's the best "Boss, I'm going to be late" call I've ever gotten.

Frozen Sooner
4/24/2008, 11:59 AM
"Yeah, I'm on the highway between Palmer and Eklutna and there's some yahoo parked across the road in a standoff with police. Traffic is stopped. Supposedly a SWAT team is on the way."

No, he can't get around it-there's only one exit in Eklutna and the guy is parked before the exit, and there's no way to detour around until they get DOT to lay cones across the oncoming lanes.

yermom
4/24/2008, 12:23 PM
yeah, just wait til he tries to use that excuse tomorrow

soonermix
4/24/2008, 12:24 PM
did he tell you that that "yahoo" is actually his cousin?

picasso
4/24/2008, 12:32 PM
or maybe he's the yahoo?

A California biker type made a left turn right in front of me atop a hill in college. I was running late for class. I just avoided t-boning his Bronco but still hit him. I waited an hour for a HYPO to arrive. Missed class and upon going later in the week I was told by my instructor to never use that excuse again.:mad:

TheHumanAlphabet
4/24/2008, 12:53 PM
"Yeah, I'm on the highway between Palmer and Eklutna and there's some yahoo parked across the road in a standoff with police. Traffic is stopped. Supposedly a SWAT team is on the way."

No, he can't get around it-there's only one exit in Eklutna and the guy is parked before the exit, and there's no way to detour around until they get DOT to lay cones across the oncoming lanes.

Well, it will be easy to determine if he is lying or not...

Frozen Sooner
4/24/2008, 01:12 PM
Nope, he was telling the truth:

Police apprehend suspect, Glenn Highway expected to re-open mid-morning

Posted: April 24, 2008 09:21 AM

Updated: April 24, 2008 10:01 AM

by Channel 2 News Staff
Thursday, April 24, 2008

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Police have the suspect who led them on a high-speed chase from Anchorage northbound on the Glenn Highway in custody.

The chase has closed the highway in both directions. Anchorage police say they expect the road to re-open soon.

The suspect apparrently carjacked a driver at 20th Avenue and Norene Street in Anchorage around 7:30 this morning, according to Anchorage Police Department spokeswoman Anita Shell. She said officials received a call from the owner of the car telling them the suspect is alone in the vehicle.

Police pursued the suspect north on the Glenn Highway to a marshy area near the Eklutna Flats where he engaged them in an armed standoff

Tune into the Channel 2 News evening broadcasts for the full story and check with ktuu.com throughout the day for the very latest on this developing story.

Beef
4/24/2008, 01:21 PM
I called my boss once to let him know I wasn't coming back to work from my lunch break because I was having a heart attack. He said not to worry about coming in for a month or so.

Frozen Sooner
4/24/2008, 01:25 PM
Heh. The best "I'm going to be late back from lunch" call I've gotten was from a dude who got his throat cut on his lunch hour.

Guy calls me from the ambulance saying that he might be late. I asked him what's up. "Some guy just cut my throat. The medics want me to get off the phone." "Er, yeah, don't come in. We'll handle it."

stoopified
4/24/2008, 02:24 PM
I think he saw the whole thing on TV and just called in from home.I heard his boss was a real jerk anyhow. :)

NormanPride
4/24/2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah, and they don't pay him "real money" so he didn't feel bad.

Frozen Sooner
4/24/2008, 04:24 PM
True. He's in the service industry working a McJob.

yermom
4/24/2008, 04:36 PM
to be fair, i never said that was a McJob... though if he has a degree in Astrophysics, it probably is ;)

Howzit
4/24/2008, 05:02 PM

Oh, puh-leeze. I use that one, like, all the time.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/24/2008, 06:00 PM
I called my boss once to let him know I wasn't coming back to work from my lunch break because I was having a heart attack. He said not to worry about coming in for a month or so.

I'm going to have to try that one!

ric311
4/24/2008, 06:51 PM
The guy works in a freaking faux bank anyway. Not like they actually do anything there.