PDA

View Full Version : Neysmith transferring...

crawfish
4/23/2008, 03:34 PM
Not a big surprise, he was going to have to make some serious improvement to get any PT in the next year. Sad, but not unexpected.

I suppose this also keeps the door open for Clark's possible return.

Good luck, Tony.

badger
4/23/2008, 03:37 PM
Jinx! I just posted this on the Patillo thread :D

IronHorseSooner
4/23/2008, 03:39 PM

I do know that they were looking to give a scholly to WW's teammate (Franklin, I think), but he would come in as a preferred walk-on. They might to do that with the open scholly.

cheezyq
4/23/2008, 03:49 PM
Bummer. In the little action I saw him in this season, I liked the kid. I hope he gets some PT wherever he goes.

Mad Dog Madsen
4/23/2008, 04:01 PM
Best of luck to Tony in the future. Any word on where he may transfer to?

soonerfan28
4/23/2008, 04:08 PM
I do know that they were looking to give a scholly to WW's teammate (Franklin, I think), but he would come in as a preferred walk-on. They might to do that with the open scholly.

No offense and I know there is not a lot of love for Clark, but I would rather see Clark get the scholly and come back. Maybe he would not take it for granted this time.

soonerfan28
4/23/2008, 04:11 PM
He had St Johns and Charlotte in the final 3 with OU, so maybe they would get back in on him. I wouldn't mind seeing Tubby get him at Minnesota.

OUSKINS
4/23/2008, 04:18 PM
This is good news. And I mean that with all due respect for Neysmith.

It's starting to look like there just won't be room for player's like Neysmith under Capel. Tony was a really hard worker and I appreciated the way he played in his limited action. And I am sure given more PT at a smaller program, he can have himself a solid career-- and I hope he does-- and I wish him the best.

However, if this is a sign that our program only has "room" for bigger, more talented players, then that's a good sign.

Frozen Sooner
4/23/2008, 05:07 PM
Stupid Calvin Simpson running players off. :Kelvin:

SoonerShark
4/23/2008, 06:32 PM
No offense and I know there is not a lot of love for Clark, but I would rather see Clark get the scholly and come back. Maybe he would not take it for granted this time.

Didn't I hear that Keith Clark was considered a good kid and team player by Coach Capel? Wasn't he reportedly upset that he let himself and the team down by his efforts in classes hurting the team?

Ash
It would be nice if things worked out for everyone that came here, but that's not the way it works. Tony can find a place where he'll play more and make more of an impact.

birddog
good luck tony, we hardly knew ye.

i always thought he'd be a great defensive stopper while he continued to improve his jumpshot. i hope he gets a chance to do that elsewhere.

GottaHavePride
4/23/2008, 11:28 PM
Didn't I hear that Keith Clark was considered a good kid and team player by Coach Capel? Wasn't he reportedly upset that he let himself and the team down by his efforts in classes hurting the team?

Don't know, but anyone bashing Moose will likely feel the wrath of LilSooner. ;)

birddog
4/24/2008, 11:39 AM
Not a big surprise, he was going to have to make some serious improvement to get any PT in the next year. Sad, but not unexpected.

Good luck, Tony.

i hope kc gets another shot. i lost my scholarship under the same circumstances and refocused on my schoolwork and got a second chance.

IF he's able to meet all the requirements, he'll be a great addition to our frontcourt and i'll welcome him with open arms because he didn't quit. that says alot about his dedication.

come on back, keith.

LilSooner
4/24/2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah you bastards. Watch what you say, I have an itch neg finger.

OUmillenium
4/28/2008, 09:58 AM
So do we know where Tony N is going?

King Crimson
4/28/2008, 01:28 PM
I have an itch neg finger.

is that what the girls are calling it these days?

soonerfan28
4/28/2008, 03:00 PM
So do we know where Tony N is going?

He's from Georgia and Georgia hasn't met the limit on scholarships, so maybe he'll wind up there. Nothing to back that up, just a thought.

the_ouskull
4/29/2008, 05:28 AM
Stupid Calvin Simpson running players off. :Kelvin:

Exactly... Somehow, the mindless Kelvin bashers will find a way to make this one HIS fault, 'cause Kelvin is the only college coach that has players transfer. Ever.

Is there a smiley for exasperation?

the_ouskull

Mad Dog Madsen
5/22/2008, 08:25 AM
Well, I didn't see this posted anywhere but, if anybody cares Tony will be transferring to Auburn.

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=3&url_article_id=11136&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

soonerfan28
5/22/2008, 08:29 AM
Is Auburn any good?

Mad Dog Madsen
5/22/2008, 08:40 AM
No, not really. They had a 14-16 record and were last in their conference at 4-12

soonerfan28
5/22/2008, 10:14 AM
No, not really. They had a 14-16 record and were last in their conference at 4-12

So he should get playing time after sitting out a year? I'm not bashing him just saying that he's a pretty good player on a not so good team.