PDA

View Full Version : Looks like fun on the West Side of Chicago this Summer

BillyBall
4/23/2008, 11:44 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/22/chicago.violence.ap/index.html

The gang/gun problems on the West Side of Chicago have gotten completely out of hand. There were 9 murders on the first nice weekend of the year last weekend, 36 people shot. Also, there have been 26 junior high/high school students murdered this year.

So as the weather gets nicer and school lets out, I would think we are going to have one screwed up summer.

Ridiculous...

JohnnyMack
4/23/2008, 11:50 AM
So I was up in Rosemont last week for work. Some friends of mine went out to dinner downtown. They were walking from some restaurant to some bar and a car rolled up, the window came down and some person wif a grill stuck they head out of the passenger side window and said something indecipherable and looked at them rather strangely. They turned and ran the other way.

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2008, 12:11 PM
Can't wait to leave in 2 days for this city! :mad:

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2008, 12:12 PM
So I shouldn't go any farther west than the Sears tower I'm guessing.

JohnnyMack
4/23/2008, 12:35 PM
Did you ever get a hotel room?

Mjcpr
4/23/2008, 12:36 PM
Roll 'em up!

BillyBall
4/23/2008, 01:34 PM
So I shouldn't go any farther west than the Sears tower I'm guessing.

The Loop area is for the most part pretty safe. There are areas north of downtown like Cabrini that obviously have some problems, but I see no reason why you would be in that area.

If you venture away from the Loop, and I strongly recommend that you do, check out neighborhoods like Bucktown/Wicker Park, Wrigleyville, Lincoln Park and Roscoe Village. I guarantee that you will feel more than safe.

Thats one thing thats really weird about living in Chicago, I see none of this sort of violence where I live (Wrigleyville) but its obviously prevalent elsewhere.

If you would like more specifics, shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help out.

colleyvillesooner
4/23/2008, 02:07 PM
Did you ever get a hotel room?

Just ended up keeping our Garden Inn reservation. Couldn't get Priceline to bite on anything we were willing to spend for a 4 star. No biggie.

Taxman71
4/23/2008, 02:09 PM
kwwaGXcZ6Wo

olevetonahill
4/23/2008, 06:37 PM
Yall Just making **** up . Guns have been outlawed there fer a Long time. So there aint No shootings :rolleyes:

Whet
4/23/2008, 08:52 PM
In discussing Da Mayor's objection to Illinois having a Conceal and Carry, he said, "Da would be like the shootout at the OK Corral every day, if we passed dat."

Well, mayor, what do you have now? Your gangs have guns, law-biding citizens are at their mercy!

BillyBall
4/24/2008, 10:45 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-south-side-dead-apr24,0,412970.story?page=1

The past 7 days: 40 shootings, 12 dead

M
4/24/2008, 11:16 AM
Well...

He had it coming
He had it coming
He only had himself to blame
If you'd have been there
If you'd have seen it
I betcha you would have done the same!

:P