PDA

View Full Version : Bands you liked until you saw them live

TheUnnamedSooner
4/22/2008, 05:48 PM
1. Soundgarden (opened with spoonman which was cool, but was horrible after that)
2. Smashing Pumpkins (boring show)
3. Dave Mathews Band (too much hype)
4. Chili Peppers (never sounded good)

4/22/2008, 05:51 PM
Eddie Money

4/22/2008, 05:52 PM
Fastway (no explanation needed)
Men at Work (yeah, I know)
Moody Blues (Sounded like crap with the OKC symphony)
Dio (30 minutes of Heaven and Hell is more than enough, even with carnival props)

SoonerInKCMO
4/22/2008, 06:07 PM
KISS. They were OK... but W.A.S.P. (who opened) was better.

Paul Stanley yaps too much during the show.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/22/2008, 06:09 PM
Ted Nugent - He did come out before the show and say he had larengitis but god he sounded horrible, just screamed out of tone the whole concert. The buffalo was cool though.

King Crimson
4/22/2008, 06:15 PM
guns n roses

Rogue
4/22/2008, 06:38 PM
Faith No More

From the above list, I like(d):
Dave Matthews Band - consistent goodness
KISS - nostalgia at its best
G 'n R - I know I lucked out and caught a good show and I'd be ****ed if I saw many of their lame efforts.

Rogue
4/22/2008, 06:55 PM
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
Succed in OKC years ago so I missed 'em at Bonnaroo and dayum if Stevie Nicks didn't show up to play with them that night. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would have loved to see SN live.

Cam
4/22/2008, 07:10 PM
2. Smashing Pumpkins (boring show)

Was this in Wichita by any chance? Saw them there and it was one of the worst shows I've ever been too.

GottaHavePride
4/22/2008, 08:36 PM
DragonForce.

Well, I didn't see them live, but I watched a live vid of them on youtube. They are sucktacular live. Buncha studio magic posers.

I bet there's some 11 year old Japanese kid out there that can actually play their **** better than they can.

StoopTroup
4/22/2008, 08:36 PM
Was this in Wichita by any chance? Saw them there and it was one of the worst shows I've ever been too.

I've heard that same thing about a Wichita Show.

Evidently they were so bad the crowd attempted to boo them off the stage.

Then they came out with that huge album and all seemed forgotten accept by the Wichita crowd it seems.

FroggyStyle22
4/22/2008, 08:44 PM
John Mayer- Way to cocky.... dude get over yourself, those girls yelling are like thirteen. But the music was still pretty good.

GottaHavePride
4/22/2008, 08:52 PM

Then they came out with that huge album and all seemed forgotten accept by the Wichita crowd it seems.

I never went to see their concert up here. I always thought they sucked monkey balls.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/22/2008, 08:56 PM
Garth Brooks in Tulsa on the No Fences tour.

Vince Gill opened and OWNED.

I still scratch my head as to why I liked that homo...wner.

Cam
4/22/2008, 08:56 PM

If I remember right, Billy said something pretty smart *** about the crowd which is what resulted in the boos. Can't remember for sure, but I think that's right. It's been a while since the show.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/23/2008, 09:27 AM

No it was okc x2. I had a friend that was really into them and drug me to both shows and both were horrible.

BTW, SP also got booed off the stage in OKC when they were opening for GnR before they got big. Corgan said something about it at one of the shows. I booed him.

r5TPsooner
4/23/2008, 09:32 AM
Bon Jovi. Still the worst rock concert that I ever saw and left after about seven or so songs. Cinderella, which opened for them owned them.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/23/2008, 09:33 AM
3. Dave Mathews Band (too much hype)

I saw them at the peak of the hype in the 90s. I was so pumped and the show just sucked. I never go to concerts and so I have nothing to compare it to, relaly, but they had zero energy and seemed like they couldn't wait to get off the stage.

Of course, it's probably due to the fact that it was daytime in the middle of the summer in Houston and it was an outdoor concert. I think it was over a hundred that day.

I still judge them harshly.

4/23/2008, 09:40 AM
Well, the poor babies are being paid very well to stand on a stage and play music in the heat.

No excuse.

yermom
4/23/2008, 10:15 AM
Snoop Dogg's live show was awful. RHCP kicked a lot of *** live though

i kinda dug Type O Negative, but live they sucked out loud for some reason

dolemitesooner
4/23/2008, 10:33 AM
Mr.Quintron and the *****cat

BillyBall
4/23/2008, 10:34 AM
Modest Mouse - I can still listen to their CD's but they put on a **** show live

yermom
4/23/2008, 10:56 AM
Mr.Quintron and the *****cat

you burned all your Quintron CDs, didn't you?

actually, toward the end of that show, he was kinda rockin'

before that, i thought i was getting Punk'd or something