PDA

View Full Version : I get some of the weirdest complaints...

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2008, 08:06 PM
So we've been remodelling my branch over the last couple of months-just wrapped up last week, in fact. This is the first remodel the branch has had in 20 years, and it was much needed. We effectively cut the footprint of the branch itself in half, and the other half will be used for some back office operations, creating a net savings over having to buy, build, or rent space for the back office people.

A guy walked in and VERY loudly said "Oh Jesus, here you guys go wasting my money again."

I pulled the gentleman into my office to ask him what was upsetting him, and he told me that he didn't think we should spend his money on remodels. I explained to him the rationale behind making the branch smaller and that the branch hadn't been remodelled for 20 years. So what's his next complaint?

"You guys have too many branches. If you didn't have so many branches, you could pay better interest rates. Stop wasting my money!"

I explained to the gentleman that, in fact, market surveys consistently show that we pay the best rates of any financial institution in the state, and that it would be massively impractical to only have the two branches in Anchorage that he'd prefer (instead of our current 13, all of which have high transaction volume.)

He continued to maintain that we should go back to only having two branches. I invited him to write a letter to the board of directors with his suggestions.

I just have to say-that's the first time I've ever heard someone complain about a credit union having too many locations.

BudSooner
4/21/2008, 08:10 PM
Swat him in the *** with a newspaper and send him on his way.

Ywia. :D

tommieharris91
4/21/2008, 08:12 PM
:les: DAMMIT!!! QUIT EXPANDING AND CHARGE ME HIGHER INTEREST RATES ON MY LOAN I CAN'T PAY ANYWAY!!!

Jerk
4/21/2008, 08:13 PM
Are you the branch manager?

I worked for BoK long ago as a teller and later a consumer banker (well, kind of) and learned to hate people. It's one of the biggest reasons I drive a truck today.

I also had a job for Mid-First where I sat in a cubicle and looked through pages and pages of transactions all day, trying to find check kiters. That was kind of cool but it didn't pay well. I was actually good at it but at $8.50/hr it wasn't worth it.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2008, 08:20 PM
Are you the branch manager?

I worked for BoK long ago as a teller and later a consumer banker (well, kind of) and learned to hate people. It's one of the biggest reasons I drive a truck today.

I also had a job for Mid-First where I sat in a cubicle and looked through pages and pages of transactions all day, trying to find check kiters. That was kind of cool but it didn't pay well. I was actually good at it but at $8.50/hr it wasn't worth it.

Yeah, that would drive me ape****, no matter how much they paid me.

And yeah, I'm the branch manager. Didn't get that VP slot that I interviewed for a month ago.

Tellers learn to hate people very quickly. It boggles my mind the crap people will say to tellers.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2008, 08:22 PM
Oh, yeah, as part of the remodel we finally got a downstairs bathroom which is member-accessible. Before, the only bathrooms in the building were upstairs and behind a security door. This was a huge complaint from the members (though why someone just expects their credit union to have a public bathroom, I'm not sure) so we spent some money and put a bathroom in.

First day it's in operation? Some yahoo flushes a diaper down it.

This is why we can't have nice things, people.

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/21/2008, 08:23 PM
Make that one guy fish it out.

:kelvin:

GottaHavePride
4/21/2008, 08:24 PM
So is that an Alaskan hillbilly?

Or was it a baked Alaskan?

bwahahaha

Jerk
4/21/2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, that would drive me ape****, no matter how much they paid me.

And yeah, I'm the branch manager. Didn't get that VP slot that I interviewed for a month ago.

Tellers learn to hate people very quickly. It boggles my mind the crap people will say to tellers.

Yeah, the one thing that would make them mad as all get out was when the 'matching funds' policy kicked in.

bluedogok
4/21/2008, 08:34 PM
"You guys have too many branches. If you didn't have so many branches, you could pay better interest rates. Stop wasting my money!"

I explained to the gentleman that, in fact, market surveys consistently show that we pay the best rates of any financial institution in the state, and that it would be massively impractical to only have the two branches in Anchorage that he'd prefer (instead of our current 13, all of which have high transaction volume.)

He continued to maintain that we should go back to only having two branches. I invited him to write a letter to the board of directors with his suggestions.

I just have to say-that's the first time I've ever heard someone complain about a credit union having too many locations.
Find out which two locations he would want and tell him well those are the first two that we would close because of..... and see what he says.

Frozen Sooner
4/21/2008, 08:38 PM
Yeah, the one thing that would make them mad as all get out was when the 'matching funds' policy kicked in.

Heh. We don't have that policy, but I know what you mean. I use it as a guideline for releasing holds all the time.

My fave-raves are the ones who have a $15,000 personal check, no money in their account, a past-due loan, and a history of bounced checks who get EXTREMELY bent out of shape about having to wait 10 days for their money.

Jerk
4/21/2008, 08:46 PM
Heh. We don't have that policy, but I know what you mean. I use it as a guideline for releasing holds all the time.

My fave-raves are the ones who have a $15,000 personal check, no money in their account, a past-due loan, and a history of bounced checks who get EXTREMELY bent out of shape about having to wait 10 days for their money.

We also had the matching funds policy on cash back deposits, which tended to greatly upset people. We actually had people dumb enough to use their own ID's to open up accounts just so they could pull that little "cash back" stunt. Not very bright. The check kiters are much smarter. Even though I was good at catching them, (which isn't saying much, it's not hard when you have the right information) I never understood how they could keep it up. I mean, you're writing check after check after check, one to this bank, one to that bank, and I don't see how a person could keep it up, but some were able to.