PDA

View Full Version : Pattillo is a SOONER!!!!

birddog
4/20/2008, 09:18 PM
beautiful.

birddog
4/20/2008, 09:20 PM
http://ouinsider.com/

sorry.

OUsooner1
4/20/2008, 09:32 PM
From the other site.

The Oklahoma basketball team got good news Saturday when they received a verbal commitment from Junior College All-American Juan Pattillo. The 6-foot-7, 205-pound Las Vegas native chose OU over Kentucky. See inside for more details, including quotes from Junior College talent evaluator Jerry Mullen on Pattillo's game.
Jeff Capel's Oklahoma basketball team got good news Sunday when Junior College All-American Juan Pattillo gave them a verbal commitment today.

Pattillo, a 6-foot-7, 205-pound forward from College of Southern Idaho who is ranked as the 3rd-best Junior College prospect in the nation by Hoopmasters.com, chose the Sooners over Kentucky. He also had visited Oklahoma State prior to Sean Sutton's resignation.

The Las Vegas, Nev. native, who visited Norman this weekend, averaged 17.4 points, 6.7 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game for a College of Southern Idaho team that spent most of the season ranked No. 1 in the nation. He shot 54 percent from the field and 39.6 percent from 3-point range (21-for-53).

"I think I can score from just about everywhere on the floor," Pattillo told OUInsider.com in an interview last month. "I think I am a little flashy. My game is above the rim. I can defend whoever at the 1, 2, 3 or 4. I can shoot the jumpshot and shoot the 3. I can shoot the ball really well. I consider myself a good scorer and a good shooter.”

“I think it is a huge get for them," said junior college basketball talent evaluator Jerry Mullen. "It gives them added depth because he isn’t a true 3, but you might be able to play him a little bit there. He can definitely play the 4 and he gives them added athleticm, I will tell you that. He is more athletic than most of the players that they currently have.”

“I think he is probably the best player available out there right now," Mullen continued. "He is extremely athletic, he really competes and plays hard, can score from 15 to 17 feet, and can defend 3’s, 4’s and maybe some 5’s if he has to. I really like him. And, of the players who were still unsigned, he was the best player available out of junior college.

"He can put it on the floor and can shoot it from about 16. He is a monster athlete that can really go fetch it. He can guard and he competes hard, and that is what you are going to like about him. He really competes hard.”

We hope to have more details from Pattillo on his decision later this evening.

sooner2b09
4/20/2008, 09:44 PM
YES!

This makes me even more excited for next year

Frozen Sooner
4/20/2008, 09:55 PM
Really nice for the frontcourt, and really nice than he can defend 1-4. Big guards ate our lunch this year.

soonerfan28
4/21/2008, 08:04 AM
When do these guys officially show up on campus?

Mudskipper
4/21/2008, 08:52 AM
does that mean Keith Clark is definitely out?

stoopified
4/21/2008, 09:20 AM
does that mean Keith Clark is definitely out?Either that or somebody else is leaving.I would not besurprised if Neysmith were to transfer back east to be closer to home especially considering lack of playing time.

badger
4/21/2008, 09:55 AM
Poor moose. He really seemed like a nice guy and he had flashes of brilliance on the floor. To think that he was one of the heralded Last-Sampson-class... and he decided to stay through it all :(

soonerfan28
4/21/2008, 11:03 AM
Poor moose. He really seemed like a nice guy and he had flashes of brilliance on the floor. To think that he was one of the heralded Last-Sampson-class... and he decided to stay through it all :(

Good guy, but he took his scholly for granted.

fwsooner22
4/21/2008, 11:29 AM
I learned the hard way too..........Ya gotta go to class

OUmillenium
4/21/2008, 01:15 PM
Sweet, Gerald can really shoot the "3". I thought he was going to UNLV?

KingDavid
4/21/2008, 05:29 PM
Nice that we got him over Kentucky/Gillespie. And a great write-up!

Mixer!
4/21/2008, 06:12 PM
Awesome news! Can't wait to see him play next season.

soonerfan28
4/21/2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks Holder for being such a dumb***. Now OSU gets to see this guy twice a year.

OKC-SLC
4/21/2008, 07:41 PM
Excellent.

abc123pickle
4/21/2008, 10:30 PM
hey im a small time poster here and die hard sooner fan, just a little thing to pass the time b4 our first game, here is a free football simulation kinda game it is pretty cool and a new season is getting ready to start in a few days i believe, if ne one is interested heres the link, http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=7197806

King Crimson
4/21/2008, 10:49 PM
we'll never lose again! ;)

great pickup for us. beat Gillespie and UK for Juan.

King Crimson
4/21/2008, 10:51 PM
Big guards ate our lunch this year.

not just this year. Jarrious Jackson should have transferred to OU to shoot the LNC rims, he might have avg'd 35 a game. guy abused us for 4 years especially in Norman.

soonerguild
4/21/2008, 11:50 PM
is pattilo a sophmore or a junior and has he redshirted etc.

Vegas Sooner
4/21/2008, 11:56 PM
sweet!

adoniijahsooner
4/22/2008, 07:27 AM
As a diehard football fan, I must admit I am more excited about the bball squad next year than the football team. i guess I take big 12 championships for granted.

soonerfan28
4/22/2008, 07:57 AM
When do these guys show up in Norman.

IronHorseSooner
4/22/2008, 08:22 AM
One thing is for sure, next year's team will have a good bit of versatility. Coach Capel recruited at all five positions this year, and I think we will start to see more of his style of play next year, which I look to be more wide-open.

soonerfan28
4/22/2008, 11:17 AM
is pattilo a sophmore or a junior and has he redshirted etc.

Here is part of an article about him when he came out of high school. My guess is he hasn't used a redshirt and he'll be a junior. I could be wrong.

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=895&script=content.asp&cid=395925&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Collier11
4/22/2008, 12:32 PM
As a diehard football fan, I must admit I am more excited about the bball squad next year than the football team. i guess I take big 12 championships for granted.

blasphemer!

kbsooner21
4/22/2008, 01:15 PM
Wooohooooooooo

shaun4411
4/22/2008, 03:38 PM
osu fans liked him, now they think hes stupid and not worth osu.

kbsooner21
4/22/2008, 04:10 PM

Shocker :rolleyes:

OUmillenium
4/23/2008, 11:18 AM

Careful with the profanity!!!

:texan: sux

soonerfan28
4/23/2008, 02:33 PM
Why is he waiting to sign or has he signed?

badger
4/23/2008, 03:33 PM
He has signed, but Tony Neysmith has transferred. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=20080423_2__Oneof48072)

there you have it --- we are loaded :D

badger
4/23/2008, 04:08 PM

If this type of Aggie behavior bothers you, wait till you read all the reasons on why they should be Titletown, USA (http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=52417)

As a lifelong Packer fan, I would be upset if someone took Titletown, USA away from Green Bay. I would compare it to the outrage that Sooner fans had when they changed the name of "Oklahoma Memorial Stadium" to that other name that only one media source uses :mad: Of course, I would be equally outraged if they named "Lambeau Field" anything else, too.

If you recall a few years ago, OSU fans were equally upset with Kevin Bookout, who was pretty much guaranteed to be a OSU guy. That was, of course, until KS discovered the "redial" button on his phone. Then, there was Taylor Griffin, who was heavily recruited by OSU, as well as younger brother Blake, not to mention football recruit Curtis Lofton, who was pretty much a shoo-in for OSU until Les Miles didn't answer his phone and Venables called him instead.

Even if they're not our "rivals," they sure are our little sister.

Frozen Sooner
4/23/2008, 04:17 PM
When was Kevin Bookout an OSU lock? The kid's whole family was OU fans and his brother was a player on the 1994 baseball national title team.

cheezyq
4/24/2008, 07:00 AM
When was Kevin Bookout an OSU lock? The kid's whole family was OU fans and his brother was a player on the 1994 baseball national title team.

I could be wrong, but I think badger's referring to their previously unrealistic expectations as expressed on OP.com, rather than stories that were truly accurate. ;)

King Crimson
4/24/2008, 07:27 AM
i thought Curtis Lofton was a Nebraska lean until he became a Sooner. or, am i thinking of Reggie Smith?

birddog
4/24/2008, 10:58 AM
i think reggie was a usc lean, maybe nebraska too. i know lofton grew up an osu fan.

i'm an ou lean though.

badger
4/24/2008, 11:33 AM
Ok, for the sake of argument, all talented players (especially TAILBACK U type players) want to go to Oklahoma State, but it is them fairweather fan cheatin' Gooners that causes them to go to other universities... in the eyes of the Poke.

The story with Bookout, I am not sure on this, but I think he was leaning toward OSU because they were a better program at the time. When facts match up accordingly, it's hard to discount little sister school's claims to us being fair weather fan cheatin' gooners all the time :D

With Bookout, the KS investigation revealed that he had been called many more times than permissible by the NCAA. You don't do that to a recruit that is sold on coming to OU. KS obviously needed to do some convincing and not just the alleged (which KS denied) recruiting where he told a recruit's mom that Tony Allen would be a bad influence on her son.

With Lofton, he has personally told the story himself on the record. He was ready to commit to OSU, he was sold on Lester the Molester (hehe) and Poke Ball. He called the office to commit... but couldn't reach Miles. He was between classes at the time and Brent Venables called him almost after he tried OSU. So, Lofton decided to keep his options open and of course, became A MAN. HE'S #40.

Now, we here at SoonerFans.com are not all about stereotypes and opinions when it comes to strange "Wanna be an Aggie?" accusations. Therefore, here is the documentation of both claims:
Bookout almost becoming an Aggie (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=060208_Sp_B1_Bedla7055)
Lofton growing up an OSU fan, almost committing to Aggie (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/113007dnsponulofton.2a0e44c.html)

Yet another example(s) of how more prized recruits got away from OSU :D

stoopified
4/24/2008, 02:44 PM
With last nights announcement that Neysmith IS transferring we still have a scholly for Clark if he gets his grades.That is unless JC has another recruit lined up.

BTW on the Bookout story not only did older brother Casey play baseball for OU but middle brother Kyle was still at OU throwing discus and shot when Kevin signed with KS.

soonerfan28
5/5/2008, 08:54 AM
Hear is an article I read about Clark this morning. I sure hope we get him back.

http://newsok.com/clark-is-working-his-way-back/article/3239053/?tm=1209956064

Frozen Sooner
5/5/2008, 11:19 AM
Ok, for the sake of argument, all talented players (especially TAILBACK U type players) want to go to Oklahoma State, but it is them fairweather fan cheatin' Gooners that causes them to go to other universities... in the eyes of the Poke.

The story with Bookout, I am not sure on this, but I think he was leaning toward OSU because they were a better program at the time. When facts match up accordingly, it's hard to discount little sister school's claims to us being fair weather fan cheatin' gooners all the time :D

With Bookout, the KS investigation revealed that he had been called many more times than permissible by the NCAA. You don't do that to a recruit that is sold on coming to OU. KS obviously needed to do some convincing and not just the alleged (which KS denied) recruiting where he told a recruit's mom that Tony Allen would be a bad influence on her son.

With Lofton, he has personally told the story himself on the record. He was ready to commit to OSU, he was sold on Lester the Molester (hehe) and Poke Ball. He called the office to commit... but couldn't reach Miles. He was between classes at the time and Brent Venables called him almost after he tried OSU. So, Lofton decided to keep his options open and of course, became A MAN. HE'S #40.

Now, we here at SoonerFans.com are not all about stereotypes and opinions when it comes to strange "Wanna be an Aggie?" accusations. Therefore, here is the documentation of both claims:
Bookout almost becoming an Aggie (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=060208_Sp_B1_Bedla7055)
Lofton growing up an OSU fan, almost committing to Aggie (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/113007dnsponulofton.2a0e44c.html)

Yet another example(s) of how more prized recruits got away from OSU :D

OSU was a better program than OU when Bookout committed? Au contraire. OU was coming off a back to back Final Four and Elite Eight appearance.

King Crimson
5/5/2008, 11:21 AM
i think Bookout was a freshman on the Elite Eight team.

Frozen Sooner
5/5/2008, 11:28 AM
You are correct. My apologies for the error.

OK, OU was coming off of a Final Four.