PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Movie & Telly Trivia and Goofs

soonerloyal
4/20/2008, 05:42 PM
I know I'm too OCD, but I really am bothered by mistakes in movies and TV shows - ESPECIALLY when they concern 1) the USMC and 2) our beloved state and our beloved Sooners. Anyone else notice mistakes?

Just for instance - I'm watching Stephen King's The Stand on TV for the umpteenth time. Tom Cullen and Nick Andros meet up for the first time in Tom's hometown of May, OK. Tom, who is developmentally disabled, has made some artistic displays using mannequins so he won't feel so lonely, seeing as the entire town is rotting and he has no one else to visit with. Here's the goof that needs to be fixed, at least how I pointed it out to the IMDB folks:

When Tom and Nick first meet in May, Oklahoma, a banner is seen in the background saying, "OKLAHOMA". Unfortunately, it also shows "Pistol Pete", which is the mascot of "Oklahoma State University". The name "OKLAHOMA" without "State" is NEVER seen with Pistol Pete, as the plain term "Oklahoma" either stands for the state itself, or for "The UNIVERSITY of OKLAHOMA", represented by the name "Sooners" or the Conestoga Wagon. No self-respecting Oklahoman, or a fan of either OU or Oklahoma State, would allow a banner saying "OKLAHOMA" to be combined with the cowboy caricature of Pistol Pete on the same piece of cloth.

I mean sheesh, who the hell paid somebody to make up a banner that is so full of fail? And did OSU's academic dept. make money off such a ridiculous mistake?

Hey, anything to keep my mind off my boy's impending return to the Iraq Suck and DooDooHead Dubya's As the Stomach Turns...

goingoneight
4/20/2008, 07:02 PM
First mistake: not changing the channel.

shaun4411
4/20/2008, 07:32 PM
Second mistake: really caring.

Okla-homey
4/20/2008, 07:35 PM
Take some small comfort in knowing it prolly PO'ed some Pokey more than it bothered you.;)

AlbqSooner
4/21/2008, 06:22 AM
In the movie True Grit as John Wayne rides Ft. Smith into Oklahoma he is approaching snow capped mountains reminiscient of Colorado. Anyone know where that might be?

Okla-homey
4/21/2008, 06:35 AM
In the movie True Grit as John Wayne rides Ft. Smith into Oklahoma he is approaching snow capped mountains reminiscient of Colorado. Anyone know where that might be?

Garvin County and the majestic Arbuckles?