PDA

View Full Version : Now this is just silly...

Okla-homey
4/19/2008, 05:55 AM
More wackiness from a state legislator - this time in Calleefornya.

First off, I always thought the use of a spanking "implement", e.g. a belt or "switch," was safer than the use of your hand to fire-up a kids butt.

Second off, it is my considered opinion that it is virtually impossible to rear a well behaved child without occasional visits to the woodshed and/or the occasional swat.

California Bill Would Ban Spanking with 'Implements'

(CNSNews.com) - The issue of spanking has again surfaced in California, where members of the California Assembly's Public Safety Committee voted 5-2 on Tuesday to advance a bill that would define the use of switches or paddles to be child abuse and subject anyone convicted under the statute to face a possible year in jail.

The bill, AB 2943, is sponsored by Assemblywoman Sally Lieber (D-Mountain View), the same lawmaker who made national headlines last year for her proposal to totally ban spanking in California, even in people's homes. (Lieber's office provided information to Cybercast News Service for this report but did not grant an interview.)

This year, however, Lieber is quietly proposing a bill that would continue to allow spanking with the hand for children older than three but would ban parents from using "implements" to punish children. Lieber defines "implements" as "sticks, rods, switches, electrical cords, belts, brooms, or shoes."

olevetonahill
4/19/2008, 06:08 AM
implements" to punish children. Lieber defines "implements" as "sticks, rods, switches, electrical cords, belts, brooms, or shoes."

But it seems they could still Take em to the elders of the city and let em Stone em to death.
Cause she didnt say Nuthin bout rocks

Okla-homey
4/19/2008, 06:15 AM
implements" to punish children. Lieber defines "implements" as "sticks, rods, switches, electrical cords, belts, brooms, or shoes."

But it seems they could still Take em to the elders of the city and let em Stone em to death.
Cause she didnt say Nuthin bout rocks

or fly-swatters. My granny was lethal with a fly-swatter. She had one of those old-skool fly-swatters made out of the wire they make wire hangers with and the business end was metal screen material. That sucka applied to the back of a your thigh when you were wearing short pants in the summer would definitely re-cage your behavioral gyroscope.

Turd_Ferguson
4/19/2008, 06:33 AM
Making you get your own switch for the use of whipping your own ***, should constitute cruel and unusual punishment. Oh, and it only took me once to learn not to come back with a little wussy switch:D

BudSooner
4/19/2008, 06:41 AM
Making you get your own switch for the use of whipping your own ***, should constitute cruel and unusual punishment. Oh, and it only took me once to learn not to come back with a little wussy switch:D

Heh, same here.:D

"Dad, thats a limb"

Okla-homey
4/19/2008, 06:45 AM
any of you former juvenile miscreants ever get the straw end of a broom jammed in your face for trying to hide under a bed when a whuppin was pending?

olevetonahill
4/19/2008, 06:52 AM
I was to skeered to try to hide My hide.

VeeJay
4/19/2008, 07:17 AM
Reminds me of my 1985 manifesto "Alternate Uses For Telephone Wire."

walkoffsooner
4/19/2008, 07:46 AM
When my kids were young they went to school with the kids of a lady with a doctorate in child developement. She was always on my arse about whipping kids instead of talking to them. To make a long story short her kids are drug using jobless bums. Mine are scared to use drugs or go jobless or I will get them.

Okla-homey
4/19/2008, 07:56 AM
When my kids were young they went to school with the kids of a lady with a doctorate in child developement. She was always on my arse about whipping kids instead of talking to them. To make a long story short her kids are drug using jobless bums. Mine are scared to use drugs or go jobless or I will get them.

I think that's at least partly the reason for about 800 years Western thought has included the admonition "spare the rod and spoil the child."

That said, people have a Constitutional right to generally raise their kiddoes the way they see fit, but people who don't light-up that narry little buttocks when a kid deserves it are running a very high risk of raising a perma-loser.

StoopTroup
4/19/2008, 08:38 AM
More wackiness from a state legislator - this time in Calleefornya.

First off, I always thought the use of a spanking "implement", e.g. a belt or "switch," was safer than the use of your hand to fire-up a kids butt.

Second off, it is my considered opinion that it is virtually impossible to rear a well behaved child without occasional visits to the woodshed and/or the occasional swat.

So....

You admit to your child abuse!

Your Honor...

The Persecution rests!

:D ;)

Would seem to me that Sally must have gotten her a$$ thumped a few times when she was a kid. :D

Given your last theory though Homey....

Maybe she didn't get it enough. :D