PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal with DHL deliveries?

King Crimson
4/18/2008, 02:10 PM
the last 2 things i've had delivered by them they just leave on my porch. i was home this time and the guy didn't even knock. put my new hard-drive right there for the world to see.

i guess a pretty good scam is just follow the DHL van around and maybe score a new laptop or something.

Harry Beanbag
4/18/2008, 05:58 PM
DHL, UPS, and FedEx just leave everything on the porch here.

LilSooner
4/18/2008, 06:07 PM
I get at least two deliveries a day. They normally ring the door bell. I think my neighbors think that I have a serious shopping problem. Because they always make comments about how many deliveries I get. Then I have to remind them that I'm a medical/surgical rep and these are samples.

My neighbors are old.

BigRedJed
4/18/2008, 06:24 PM
They left my payroll outside of my office once, and 30 people got their checks stolen. I got them cancelled and got new ones out in time, but suffice to say that I was EXTREMELY unhappy.

olevetonahill
4/18/2008, 09:09 PM
I got a ticket once fer leaving My hardrive out for everyone to see.:O

bluedogok
4/18/2008, 09:13 PM
I have had UPS leave it on the porch more than anyone else. I have actually had to go to the FedEx office a couple of times because they insist on delivering here in the middle of the day. The UPS guy usually hits this area around 5:30.

VeeJay
4/18/2008, 09:49 PM
Do they have to get insurance for the stuff they just leave lying around?

Or are you just SOL if your stuff gets stolen?

Chuck Bao
4/18/2008, 10:13 PM
When I send packages to the US by either UPS or DHL, I always check the tick mark on no signature required because I know that their delivery is normally during working hours.

But, if the contents were valuable or important I wouldn't tick that. I'm assuming that most people would do the same and would-be thiefs understand that it's not worth it.

King Crimson
4/18/2008, 10:36 PM
I have had UPS leave it on the porch more than anyone else. I have actually had to go to the FedEx office a couple of times because they insist on delivering here in the middle of the day. The UPS guy usually hits this area around 5:30.

that happens to me a lot, too. UPS doesn't get here until about 5:30 and i usually don't get home until about 7. and the UPS place is out in the boonies, sucks going out there. lucky one of my buddies in a wheelchair (so to speak), because he's always home so i can schedule drops there sometimes.

it's like Jed's example. it's gotta be sort of risky for them to just drop stuff. my crib has "two front doors" and one faces a sidewalk that has quite a bit of pedestrian traffic during the daytime. my new hard-drive is just fair game i guess.

GottaHavePride
4/18/2008, 10:53 PM
Heh. Luckily when it happens to me it's usually something like two 4 oz. tins of loose tea. Or a full orchestral score to Carmen. And if a thief wants that, they can have it.

Unless it's the critical edition, cause those things cost a pantload of cash.

Frozen Sooner
4/18/2008, 11:44 PM
You know what I like about the FedEx guy?

He's a drug dealer and doesn't even know it.

Fraggle145
4/19/2008, 12:57 AM
DHL sucks ***. They wont even deliver to the biostation because their dumbass drivers always get lost. they consistently lose things etc.. They deliver it to the post office in Madill instead. What a joke. Just today they messed up a next day delivery. Thanks for the next day delivery on my DNA primers that are now ruined. way to go DHL.

Dio
4/19/2008, 08:12 AM
We switched from DHL back to UPS because DHL was always losing stuff, delivering it late, etc.

Turd_Ferguson
4/19/2008, 08:17 AM
I gotta a UPS driver that comes through my hood doin double nickel. I've yelled at him twice to no avail. We have a small bikecycle that is too small for the kids. My plan is to roll it out in front of him the next time I catch him speed'n through here. :D

StoopTroup
4/19/2008, 08:26 AM
So did you get the box of dough you asked for?

We sent the 13,500,000,000,000.00 you asked for in your email.

bluedogok
4/19/2008, 12:20 PM
that happens to me a lot, too. UPS doesn't get here until about 5:30 and i usually don't get home until about 7. and the UPS place is out in the boonies, sucks going out there. lucky one of my buddies in a wheelchair (so to speak), because he's always home so i can schedule drops there sometimes.
My wife usually is usually home by the time they make the delivery, I just appreciate the fact that UPS usually tries to route their deliveries to residential areas when there is more of a chance that someone could be home.

We switched from DHL back to UPS because DHL was always losing stuff, delivering it late, etc.
I have had those issues with all of them, it seems to come in cycles of one of them going through a bad stretch. It is always worse for any of them if you are sending items to a smaller town or rural area.

BudSooner
4/19/2008, 10:16 PM
I gotta a UPS driver that comes through my hood doin double nickel. I've yelled at him twice to no avail. We have a small bikecycle that is too small for the kids. My plan is to roll it out in front of him the next time I catch him speed'n through here. :D

You have no idea how many times i've thought that same thing.

Only it would be for the ****ing messicans/AND the delivery drivers around our place.

4/20/2008, 03:11 AM
My late uncle was a jeweler in Kansas. I purchased my wife's wedding ring from him and he shipped it UPS. We were living in a north OKC apartment at the time. I remember coming home from work and seeing the note left from the UPS driver; "IN THE GRILL"

Oh, they'll NEVER look there.

Harry Beanbag
4/20/2008, 09:14 AM
Only it would be for the ****ing messicans/AND the delivery drivers around our place.

Heh, that's funny since one day a couple of weeks ago the Fed Ex guy that came by could barely speak English. I could get two birds with one stone. :texan:

SoonerInFla
4/20/2008, 10:43 AM
If they didn't leave it at the door, we'd be bitching about having to go get it from em.

Harry Beanbag
4/20/2008, 11:40 AM
If they didn't leave it at the door, we'd be bitching about having to go get it from em.

Yep, I'd much rather them leave it.