PDA

View Full Version : I Hate The Vista

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/17/2008, 06:58 PM
Those swirls are evil. They taste oh so good, but make my head feel oh so bad.

mynameisjoe
4/17/2008, 07:53 PM
I love eating their cheese fries, but almost always regret it afterwards....

the_ouskull
4/17/2008, 08:06 PM
I hate the Vista 'cause, for the longest time, I couldn't go there without running into someone I'd "known" at one point or another, either as a customer or a server.

That and they think waaaaay too highly of themselves, cost-wise. It's like Hooters without the quality of the "talent" AND the food... And, I think their beer coolers (including the keg cooler) are around 37-38 instead of 32-33. AND, considering the folks that are hanging at their bar most days, I'm not entirely sure that I'd be comfortable there anyway, even if the beer was cold and cheap instead of warm and expensive. AND it's usually pretty dirty... AND, who serves chips with their burgers instead of fries? Cheap *sses, that's who?

It was doable when they still had Golden Tee, though.

the_ouskull

King Crimson
4/17/2008, 08:15 PM
.. AND, who serves chips with their burgers instead of fries? Cheap *sses, that's who?

Louie's does that. i went there with my pops in December and no fries. chips in a bag. no fries? chips in a bag.

Sooner_Havok
4/17/2008, 08:15 PM
Buffalo Chicken Pizza!

Lock this thread, I have proven the vista does not suck.:D

yermom
4/18/2008, 09:09 AM
i'm also not a fan of chips. if you order a burger, it should come with fries, dammit

on the other hand, swirls ftw!

dolemitesooner
4/18/2008, 09:11 AM
Mont for swirls for the wine

JohnnyMack
4/18/2008, 09:13 AM
I spent more evenings than I care to remember at the end of the bar at the Vista. Drinking pitchers of beer and playing trivia. I do miss that place.

Ash
4/18/2008, 09:16 AM
I hate the Vista 'cause, for the longest time, I couldn't go there without running into someone I'd "known" at one point or another, either as a customer or a server.

That and they think waaaaay too highly of themselves, cost-wise. It's like Hooters without the quality of the "talent" AND the food... And, I think their beer coolers (including the keg cooler) are around 37-38 instead of 32-33. AND, considering the folks that are hanging at their bar most days, I'm not entirely sure that I'd be comfortable there anyway, even if the beer was cold and cheap instead of warm and expensive. AND it's usually pretty dirty... AND, who serves chips with their burgers instead of fries? Cheap *sses, that's who?

It was doable when they still had Golden Tee, though.

the_ouskull

The Golden Tee is still there.

C&CDean
4/18/2008, 10:27 AM
Momma and I stopped at the Vista a couple Fridays ago. It was early (maybe 5 or 5:30). We sat on the no-smoking side (which still smelled like a smoker's bad breath) and it was filthy. **** all over the floor, the tables were all sticky, and we waited about 5 minutes or so for some total airhead bimbette to come up and go "um, like do you guys want something?"

A table by us had maybe 6 people at it and they were going "hey, are you going to bring that pitcher any time soon?" The bimbette goes "oh, sorry, like I forgot......let me go get it...." About 5 minutes later she comes back with a pitcher, and they go "so, do we get glasses to drink it with or what?" She goes "oh, yeah, like it'd be hard to drink without glassess hee hee hee..."

After all this she comes back to our table and goes "um, did you guys order something? Do you like want a menu or something?" I go "nah, we're going to The Mont."

**** the Vista. It's gone downhill in a big way.

yermom
4/18/2008, 10:32 AM
but was she hawt?

C&CDean
4/18/2008, 10:47 AM
but was she hawt?

She had the creepiest blue eyes I've ever seen. Dark hair, really blue eyes, but a faraway LSD impaired stare that was freaky. I suppose she was hittable, but I try not to do retards.

SoonerInKCMO
4/18/2008, 10:57 AM
:hot:

yermom
4/18/2008, 11:13 AM
:dolemite: those tittays ain't retarded :dolemite:

TheUnnamedSooner
4/18/2008, 02:13 PM
Man, I also miss the Vista. It never was too crowded and I liked it because if I had too much, it was walking distance to my house, all side streets. They do have some of the best wings evar.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/18/2008, 02:15 PM
I go "nah, we're going to The Mont."

**** the Vista. It's gone downhill in a big way.

haha, you really told them! The people that own the Mont also own the vista, or at least they used to.

yermom
4/18/2008, 02:17 PM
that's what i was thinking :D

King Crimson
4/18/2008, 02:20 PM
if place makes it's own chips that's OK with a burger, but just chips in a bag....that's no good with a burger. maybe a pastrami sammie, but not a burger.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/18/2008, 02:46 PM
Mont for swirls for the wineI think the swirls are the same at both The Mont and The Vista. I may be mistaken of course. The 3 from the Mont tasted no different from the 1 I drank at The Vista after the RW game.

OUbones
4/18/2008, 07:15 PM
:dolemite: those tittays ain't retarded :dolemite:

I got you yermom. God bless Dave Attell.

Ash
4/18/2008, 09:51 PM
Bill's is still pristine and has great service.