PDA

View Full Version : So I bot a Pellet stove for the Shack

olevetonahill
4/17/2008, 04:42 PM
Ive been thinking about it for a yr or so . Ive used propane to heat with for yrs . But I dont see that carp gettin any cheaper.
At least with the Pellet stove and Propane Ill be able to use the cheapest fuel
It should Pay for itself in 3 seasons ,If pellets stay around the same price as Now .

Turd_Ferguson
4/17/2008, 07:34 PM
Heh. When I was a kid, we had a pot bellied stove in the livin room. Dad would be hit'n that Crown on a cold winter's night and start pouring the wood to her. Many of times I've seen the flu turn red......That stove would heat the whole house, but I'm surprised the drunk bastard didn't roast us all:mad::D

Curly Bill
4/17/2008, 07:38 PM
Heh. When I was a kid, we had a pot bellied stove in the livin room. Dad would be hit'n that Crown on a cold winter's night and start pouring the wood to her. Many of times I've seen the flu turn red......That stove would heat the whole house, but I'm surprised the drunk bastard didn't roast us all:mad::D

Ah...good times. Reminds me of our deer lease and the night we almost did roast when the old stove made out of a barrel caught the cabin on fire. Never forget the sight of my grandad carrying out the cans of Coleman Fuel that were red hot and setting them down so carefully cause he was afraid if he threw them they'd explode in a fireball.

AlbqSooner
4/17/2008, 07:44 PM
Vet, considering where you live I don't know why you didn't get a Franklin stove. Kept my house warm in the winter when I lived in Oklahoma and there is wood a plenty where you are.

Turd_Ferguson
4/17/2008, 07:45 PM
Ah...good times. Reminds me of our deer lease and the night we almost did roast when the old stove made out of a barrel caught the cabin on fire. Never forget the sight of my grandad carrying out the cans of Coleman Fuel that were red hot and setting them down so carefully cause he was afraid if he threw them they'd explode in a fireball.Which reminds me of my Uncle igniting the spilt fuel on a coleman lantern inside the cabin at deer camp. He got 5th degree burns carrying it out the door and throwing it......right into the campfire. Prettiest blue flame I've ever seen:D

Curly Bill
4/17/2008, 07:49 PM
Which reminds me of my Uncle igniting the spilt fuel on a coleman lantern inside the cabin at deer camp. He got 5th degree burns carrying it out the door and throwing it......right into the campfire. Prettiest blue flame I've ever seen:D

Good times indeed! :D

olevetonahill
4/17/2008, 08:25 PM
Vet, considering where you live I don't know why you didn't get a Franklin stove. Kept my house warm in the winter when I lived in Oklahoma and there is wood a plenty where you are.

Ive Had wood stoves they Sucks . Cut the tree, Cut the tree up in chunks , split the chunks ,Haul the split chunks to the shack, Stack the split chunks up , Then Carry the split chunks In the shack , Load the stove , Spend 2 hrs Making split chunks Burn , Spend the rest Of the Night , Tryin to cool the shack Down, Then when Its really Cold , Haul the ashes out , while your Hauling In more split chunks .
No thanks Been there Done that
Pellet Stove . Load stove with a 40lb sack of Pellets. set thermastat . when It gets Low add another sack. Vacumm out the Ash
I dont know why I dont do the former either .:D

Turd_Ferguson
4/17/2008, 08:29 PM
I seen one of those pellet stoves a couple of years ago. Couldn't believe the amount of heat it put off.

How much does the bag of pellets cost?

olevetonahill
4/17/2008, 08:32 PM
40 lb bags
been around 250 or less for a Ton , you do the Math
Less than a Grand to fill my 500 Gal propane tank Versus 250 fer pellets
Around a ton will Last me the winter

Turd_Ferguson
4/17/2008, 08:37 PM
you do the Math I graduated from Blanchard....2+2= Jello.

BudSooner
4/17/2008, 08:56 PM
Heh, I was thinking rabbit pellets.

Vets heating his place with ****, lmao!

Mjcpr
4/17/2008, 08:57 PM
Heh. When I was a kid, we had a pot bellied stove in the livin room. Dad would be hit'n that Crown on a cold winter's night and start pouring the wood to her.

Are we still talking about a stove?

Turd_Ferguson
4/17/2008, 09:05 PM
Are we still talking about a stove?My Momma wadn't pot bellied:mad:

StoopTroup
4/17/2008, 09:42 PM
Can you stack the bags of pellets up like a chair and/or couch?

That would be cool unless you fell asleep while smoking and caught it all on fire.

olevetonahill
4/17/2008, 09:52 PM
Can you stack the bags of pellets up like a chair and/or couch?

That would be cool unless you fell asleep while smoking and caught it all on fire.

Cept I quit smokin
How you think I can afford this stuff .;)

StoopTroup
4/17/2008, 09:53 PM
I forgot about that. Will it go up in smoke if the room gets to hot?

olevetonahill
4/17/2008, 09:58 PM
I forgot about that. Will it go up in smoke if the room gets to hot?

nope , they will be on the back deck under the porch

achiro
4/17/2008, 10:03 PM
Doesn't a pellet stove need electricity to run the auger that moves the pellets to the air "jets"

olevetonahill
4/17/2008, 10:17 PM
Doesn't a pellet stove need electricity to run the auger that moves the pellets to the air "jets"

That part is Gravity
the Fans On the other Hand .
Sides Ive gotta have lectric to Be on the SO .
Why I gots a Generator :cool: