PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette question in regards to a movie on a date

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 11:39 AM
So I am picking the movie for my date tomorrow night. My original plan was to go see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It supposed to be pretty good, and stars two of my favorite performers in Kristen Bell and Jason Segel. However, it has came to my attention that there is an extended full frontal Jason Segel nudity. Now this doesn't bother me, but I'm wondering about it's suitability for a second date with a somewhat sheltered girl. At this point, I am leaning towards saying hey, I want to see this movie, it's supposed to be great but it has a full frontal male nudity scene. If she is uncomfortable, I'll pick something else. I figure that would be better than surprise movie ****, right?

King Crimson
4/17/2008, 11:41 AM
you are kidding right?

uncomfartable?

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2008, 11:41 AM
No matter what you do, don't forget to cut a hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket.

As for the nudity issue, I'd just mention the rating of the film-not the nudity, just the rating-and ask if she's OK with it. And for what it's worth, Run Fatboy Run is a pretty good date movie.

If she's going to hold you responsible for the director keeping a penis on screen, then she might be someone you don't want to hang with anyhow.

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 11:44 AM
you are kidding right?

uncomfartable?

No just a poor speller.

King Crimson
4/17/2008, 11:45 AM
are you dating adults or what?

she's probably seen a penis before.

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 11:47 AM
are you dating adults or what?

she's probably seen a penis before.

Probably, but she is pretty sheltered for a college graduate.

King Crimson
4/17/2008, 11:52 AM
Probably, but she is pretty sheltered for a college graduate.

if you think it's gonna be weird for her, that's your call.

i don't see what advice you're going to get from the board that i didn't offer other than "no way", no penis. which, to be honest doesn't bode well for you IMO.

if she's graduated from college? if you want to marry her, make a lot of babies and eat runzas until you have to make more babies....that's great. but, i don't see that yet if she can't see some man crank in a flick and close the deal all together.

you seem like a pretty open to anything guy RF.

SoonerInKCMO
4/17/2008, 11:52 AM
You're not dating that Brooke woman from American Idol that's never seen an R-rated movie before, are you?

If so, watch out for her husband. ;)

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 11:53 AM
You're not dating that Brooke woman from American Idol that's never seen an R-rated movie before, are you?

If so, watch out for her husband. ;)

No.

TUSooner
4/17/2008, 11:55 AM
You get some credit for being considerate, but you lose it all by seeking advice here!

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 11:58 AM
if you think it's gonna be weird for her, that's your call.

i don't see what advice you're going to get from the board that i didn't offer other than "no way", no penis. which, to be honest doesn't bode well for you IMO.

if she's graduated from college? if you want to marry her, make a lot of babies and eat runzas until you have to make more babies....that's great. but, i don't see that yet if she can't see some man crank in a flick and close the deal all together.

you seem like a pretty open to anything guy RF.

I mostly thought it would be interesting discussion. I think this issue is more one of timing, being the second date. It's more of going to see a R rated Judd Apatow movie with a girl from a very square background, and potentially making her uncomfortable, as opposed to the whole nudity thing.

achiro
4/17/2008, 12:03 PM
How about not going to a movie for your second date, or really any date(unless its just an afternoon hang out together thing). You ain't in high school no mo my boy.;)

OKLA21FAN
4/17/2008, 12:05 PM
Sicem????

:pop:

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 12:05 PM
How about not going to a movie for your second date, or really any date(unless its just an afternoon hang out together thing). You ain't in high school no mo my boy.;)

A movie is just part of the evening.

King Crimson
4/17/2008, 12:07 PM
I mostly thought it would be interesting discussion. I think this issue is more one of timing, being the second date. It's more of going to see a R rated Judd Apatow movie with a girl from a very square background, and potentially making her uncomfortable, as opposed to the whole nudity thing.

my suggestion is that if you questions about it, don't do it.

do something else.

StoopTroup
4/17/2008, 12:08 PM
Let her pick the movie.

If you plan everything...you come off as a control freak.

Wing some of the date.

Go for a romantic walk if the weather is nice.

If it's not nice out then take her to a motel. ;)

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 12:10 PM
Let her pick the movie.

If you plan everything...you come off as a control freak.

Wing some of the date.

Go for a romantic walk if the weather is nice.

If it's not nice out then take her to a motel. ;)
She picked the movie last time, this time she picked the restaurant. The rainy weather and her refusal to wear sensible shoes hinder the walk part.

SoonerInKCMO
4/17/2008, 12:15 PM
her refusal to wear sensible shoes

??

http://www.leatherlollipop.com/prod_images_large/TIP-701-3chpg_tip_jar_shoes_hot_pink_lips1.jpg

:hot:

soonerinabilene
4/17/2008, 12:25 PM
She picked the movie last time, this time she picked the restaurant. The rainy weather and her refusal to wear sensible shoes hinder the walk part.

You saw a movie on the first date, and are going to see a movie on the second date? Neither one of you are fans of talking to each other, huh?;)

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 12:40 PM
You saw a movie on the first date, and are going to see a movie on the second date? Neither one of you are fans of talking to each other, huh?;)
The weather is putting a crimp in my options. There will be plenty of time for talking before and after the movie.

Jimminy Crimson
4/17/2008, 01:31 PM
If she isn't up for seeing an Oscar Mayer on screen, chances are she doesn't want to see yours either.

soonermix
4/17/2008, 01:39 PM

if you want to see how to make her uncomfortable ask her to go to night trips. if she says yes my friend you have found a winner

Taxman71
4/17/2008, 01:46 PM
Definitely go see the movie to see how she reacts. Cool with it? Offended? Blames you? Is turned on and suggests a trip to Christie's Toybox after the movie? You will know alot more about her after the movie. Besides, women always have secret tests for guys.

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 06:23 PM
and problem solved.

KC//CRIMSON
4/17/2008, 07:15 PM
Regardless of content I would skip the movie. If you want a chick to dig you, the last thing to do is take them to a movie on the first date or second or third.

Go do something where you can talk, laugh, fart, whatever....

Silence is golden and also a date killer.

AlbqSooner
4/17/2008, 07:56 PM
Had a first date years ago. We were going to an outdoor Art fair in St. Pete. It started to rain hard and was pretty much set in for an all day drencher. She suggested we go rent a movie and come home and watch. While at the movie rental place we were talking about what to watch. There was a movie I had heard some people at work talking about. I just remembered that they said it was good but didn't remember what it was about. She had heard something good about it to but didn't know anything about it. Soooooo - we rented 9 1/2 Weeks. Fairly uncomfortable for a bit but I ended up getting laid on the first date. I think it was the bowl of fruit I brought in and set on the table.

Frozen Sooner
4/17/2008, 09:28 PM
if you want to see how to make her uncomfortable ask her to go to night trips. if she says yes my friend you have found a winner

Yeah, any girl that agrees to a 500+ mile roadie to go look at sub-par titties is a definite take-home-to-mom.

royalfan5
4/17/2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, any girl that agrees to a 500+ mile roadie to go look at sub-par titties is a definite take-home-to-mom.

especially when it's 20 min. to Counciltucky and the Iowa Playhouse.

StoopTroup
4/17/2008, 09:37 PM

I thought this was a 1st date.

My bad.

Yep. Take her to a penis movie. ;) :D

StoopTroup
4/19/2008, 08:27 AM
So....

How'd the date go?

Did you eat sushi? :D ;)

VeeJay
4/19/2008, 08:40 AM
Sicem????

:pop:

I think he has seen that movie. A few times. ;)

royalfan5
4/19/2008, 09:27 AM
So....

How'd the date go?

Did you eat sushi? :D ;)
The date went well. Check the sushi thread for my thoughts on Sushi.

Whet
4/19/2008, 10:35 PM
Does SicEm know you went out with SicEmEx?

royalfan5
4/19/2008, 10:39 PM
Does SicEm know you went out with SicEmEx?

I don't date divorcees.