PDA

View Full Version : What they might teach in LAW SCHOOL?!?!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/16/2008, 06:16 PM
An old friend, from way back when I was at OU in the '60's, who is now a retired attorney, and worked many years with Ma Bell, had the following to say in an email:

"The guys in charge now are way, way too radical far right. Blaming the media isn't the answer, but it always seems to be the conservative answer. A child could look at what these so called conservatives have done and conclude they are crazy, stupid or both. Bunch of f*cking Nazis, and crooks to boot. Reagan and Goldwater were way more moderate than the kooks in charge now. They would be appalled at this crowd of zeros, as I am. As to the media, the media back in the 60s and 70s would have been zinging Dubya like mad. The media now are very conservative. On radio there's nothing but the right wing zanies like Rush and Beck. Just try to find anyone else on the dial. On TV, ABC is owned by Disney, a right wing outfit for sure; remember that hatchet job they tried to pull about Clinton and Al Qaeda till they got caught? CNN has Beck on the air, Carlson, too. Scarborough is on MSNBC all the time. Even the NY Times has Bill Kristol writing regular columns, as well as David Brooks. And lets not forget that Scooter Libby somehow mesmerized a senior Times Reporter, Judith Anderson, so effectively she was writing front page articles supporting the Iraq invasion--they were a major factor in its going forward.The fact is the guys in charge during the Bush administration have done an awful, awful job, and a ton of people are noticing it. Anti republican media, come on. Iraq is a f*cking disaster, we're torturing people, the world hates us and the economy is about ready to go south big time. That's just the plain truth, not some media bias.We've got to get rid of these kooks and bring back sensible conservatism. I'm afraid the only way to have that happen is to hold our noses, vote dem and sweep away the as*holes during the next four years. Then, maybe, republicans can be real conservatives, not nazis.

He has claimed, on more than one occasion, to have been a republican at one time?!?! I responded to this email that I thought we should go back to our policy of not discussing anything remotely political, anymore. He is an ardent Sooners fan.

StoopTroup
4/16/2008, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a cool guy.

He should come to a tailgate.

SoonerInKCMO
4/16/2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, tell him I'll bring him a beer.

(Of course, this would require me to actually show up to a tailgate too... not sure if that'll happen. ;) )

4/16/2008, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a cool guy.

He should come to a tailgate.I forgot to mention, he lives in Gayston, TX, and might have acquired a little learnin' down there.

4/16/2008, 06:46 PM
Disney? Right wing?

Mmmmmkay.

StoopTroup
4/16/2008, 07:08 PM
Dwarves are right wingers?

Who knew?

def_lazer_fc
4/16/2008, 07:18 PM
is gayston a real town?

soonerloyal
4/16/2008, 07:33 PM
I'd buy the guy a couple of rounds. He's awakened from the NeoCon fume stupor.

At least he tried to enlighten you.

AlbqSooner
4/16/2008, 07:42 PM
is gayston a real town?

Are you a real person? :D

Sooner_Havok
4/16/2008, 07:45 PM
I used to be a Republican too. Hell, I voted for Bushy twice.

Ah, to be young and dumb...

def_lazer_fc
4/16/2008, 07:45 PM
1. i don't know texas towns.
2. i figured if it was supposed to be a play on austin, it would have been spelled 'gaystin' and not with an o in it.

yermom
4/16/2008, 08:00 PM
is gayston a real town?

the wh0rns live there http://www.gaymart.com/stickers/3small/sticker_126.gif

def_lazer_fc
4/16/2008, 08:02 PM
college sports aside, its actually a way way way way way WAY nicer place to live than here. except for the heat. that sucks.

def_lazer_fc
4/16/2008, 08:03 PM
and as far as "college towns" go, norman doesn't have **** on austin.

*ducking*

BajaOklahoma
4/16/2008, 08:20 PM
college sports aside, its actually a way way way way way WAY nicer place to live than here. except for the heat. that sucks.

Traffic, with roads designed by aTm grads - who are still laughing about getting their design approved.
Asshat politicans who leave the state and go to Ardmore to hide out and avoid voting.
Overpriced housing.
UT System that makes UT-Austin not the most expensive school in their system.
Wonderful place.

4/16/2008, 08:31 PM
I'd buy the guy a couple of rounds. He's awakened from the NeoCon fume stupor.

At least he tried to enlighten you.I thought you would be a kindred spirit for him!

47straight
4/16/2008, 08:45 PM
and as far as "college towns" go, norman doesn't have **** on austin.

*ducking*

You must be confusing Austin with a college town. ;) There was some long dead-horse thread about it a while back. In the end, Austin is way too expensive, exclusive and upscale to try to be a college town again.

4/16/2008, 09:03 PM
I agree, 47. I'm sure it was a college town at one point, but that era is long gone. That's akin to calling Lincoln a college town, only even more distant from that term.

soonerscuba
4/17/2008, 10:42 AM
Austin is an awesome city, not an awesome college town. Norman, Lawrence, Boulder and Columbia are college towns.

yermom
4/17/2008, 10:50 AM
it would be awesomer without all the wh0rns

Scott D
4/17/2008, 11:42 AM
it would be far more awesome if they did something with that mess they made of I-35 down there.

texas bandman
4/17/2008, 02:12 PM
Asshat politicans who leave the state and go to Ardmore to hide out and avoid voting.

Yep, resisting Tom DeLay's gerrymandering efforts was a bad thing to do...NOT! DeLay did quite a bit of harm to Texas with his mid-decade redistricting.

SoonerProphet
4/17/2008, 02:20 PM
What exactly are the ideals of conservatism expressed by today's GOP?

4/17/2008, 02:26 PM
What exactly are the ideals of conservatism and freedom expressed by today's GOP?Ideals are the same, but the republicans aren't expressing them, and the democrats scorn them.

SoonerProphet
4/17/2008, 02:36 PM
Ideals are the same, but the republicans aren't expressing them, and the democrats scorn them.

Care to elaborate?

C&CDean
4/17/2008, 03:06 PM
Just some observations:

People are really weird. And unhappy. Some people bitch about everything. Some people continually blame others. Some people even bitch when they come. Some people think the current president has ****ed things all up. Some people are ****ing morons. blah blah blah...

4/17/2008, 07:21 PM
Care to elaborate?One that comes to mind is follow the constitution, with particular attention to the prescribed powers and obligations of the govt.-what the allowed functions of govt. are. Now, this has been discussed so much before on this board. Search it out, read the constitution, ask SicEm, etc.

SicEmBaylor
4/18/2008, 02:26 AM
One that comes to mind is follow the constitution, with particular attention to the prescribed powers and obligations of the govt.-what the allowed functions of govt. are. Now, this has been discussed so much before on this board. Search it out, read the constitution, ask SicEm, etc.

I think you have the right idea.