PDA

View Full Version : Dude can't get a vacation day for his own wedding!

boomersooner28
4/16/2008, 12:41 PM
A friend of mine that I work with just went from being bachelor of the millenium to gonna be married with 2 babies. Poor dude. Anywho, the girl he has been seeing for the past 4 months just found out she is pregnant (she also has a 17 month old with some other dude!) and now they are getting married. She wants to get married soon so she is not "showing" in the wedding pics. The date they schedule the wedding is a "black-out" date at work AND HE CANT GET OFF WORK FOR HIS OWN WEDDING!!! How messed up is that?

sooner_born_1960
4/16/2008, 12:45 PM
They should probably pick another date. I don't think you can get married in absentia.

Pricetag
4/16/2008, 12:48 PM
The date they schedule the wedding is a "black-out" date at work AND HE CANT GET OFF WORK FOR HIS OWN WEDDING!!! How messed up is that?
Less messed up than his making the decision to marry this girl.

royalfan5
4/16/2008, 12:55 PM
They should probably pick another date. I don't think you can get married in absentia.

You can in Montana. I saw an article where it is a cottage business mostly for armed forces members who are deployed elsewhere. They just have stand in's.

Chuck Bao
4/16/2008, 12:58 PM
Do the black out days include Saturday and Sunday?

That is unless the fortune teller told them that a weekday was better and the guy can call in sick, can't he?

They can always take their honeymoon later.

Good luck to the future groom and bride.

royalfan5
4/16/2008, 01:01 PM
A friend of mine that I work with just went from being bachelor of the millenium to gonna be married with 2 babies. Poor dude. Anywho, the girl he has been seeing for the past 4 months just found out she is pregnant (she also has a 17 month old with some other dude!) and now they are getting married. She wants to get married soon so she is not "showing" in the wedding pics. The date they schedule the wedding is a "black-out" date at work AND HE CANT GET OFF WORK FOR HIS OWN WEDDING!!! How messed up is that?

Why not wait till after she has the kid, loses the weight, and then both kids could be in the wedding. She clearly isn't that concerned about having a kid out of wedlock.

soonermix
4/16/2008, 01:17 PM
i got a friend that went from bachelor to married and 3 kids

Chuck Bao
4/16/2008, 01:20 PM
Four months dating and just found out that a new kid is on the way?

The guy has some very clear questions that should be resolved: 1) does he love the woman or not?, 2) is she faithful or not? and 3) is he prepared to nut up or not?

C&CDean
4/16/2008, 01:25 PM
Four months dating and just found out that a new kid is on the way?

The guy has some very clear questions that should be resolved: 1) does he love the woman or not?, 2) is she faithful or not? and 3) is he prepared to nut up or not?

Let me answer that for Chris....

The friend is a ****ing moron for wanting to hook up with this slut to begin with. Who cares if he can't get some time off to ruin his life even further? He should be happy the boss won't let him.

olevetonahill
4/16/2008, 01:33 PM
Dean , Why do you sugar coat every thing ?

NormanPride
4/16/2008, 01:47 PM
No ****. Give the boy the straight dope. Don't candy his ***. ;)

olevetonahill
4/16/2008, 01:54 PM
No ****. Give the boy the straight dope. Don't candy his ***. ;)

Dean needs to Not be so PC .:cool:

BlondeSoonerGirl
4/16/2008, 01:55 PM
Dean should have, like, a Frazier-type call in show. People call in and ask him questions and he gives them his version of 'therapy'.

'...Dr. Dean is in. WTF is your problem?...'

Chuck Bao
4/16/2008, 01:57 PM
Why do you hate marriage and married people?

olevetonahill
4/16/2008, 01:58 PM
Dean should have, like, a Frazier-type call in show. People call in and ask him questions and he gives them his version of 'therapy'.

'...Dr. Dean is in. WTF is your problem?...'

Wouldnt that be more Like Dr Ruth ?:D

Chuck Bao
4/16/2008, 02:06 PM
Wouldnt that be more Like Dr Ruth ?:D

Olevet, bro, I think you are missing a few color crayons between Dean and Dr. Ruth. And, not just the pink ones.

olevetonahill
4/16/2008, 02:09 PM
Olevet, bro, I think you are missing a few color crayons between Dean and Dr. Ruth. And, not just the pink ones.

Could be , I nevar watched Frazier, But did see Old Ruth a yakin a few times .
She was pretty blunt .

Frozen Sooner
4/16/2008, 02:18 PM
God, that's HORRIBLY MESSED UP that his work has a CLEARLY-DELINEATED policy on leave and they won't let your friend violate that policy for something that's COMPLETELY OPTIONAL!

WHAT A ****TY EMPLOYER! WE SHOULD PICKET!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/16/2008, 03:21 PM
Dear God, is everyone knocking girls up girls right now, I guess I should stop just using the pull out method ;)

colleyvillesooner
4/16/2008, 04:44 PM
Dear God, is everyone knocking girls up girls right now, I guess I should stop just using the "not getting any" method ;)
fixed.

boomersooner28
4/16/2008, 07:57 PM
Let me answer that for Chris....

The friend is a ****ing moron for wanting to hook up with this slut to begin with. Who cares if he can't get some time off to ruin his life even further? He should be happy the boss won't let him.

This is kind of what I think also. :D

GottaHavePride
4/16/2008, 08:01 PM
Um, shouldn't the guy know what the "black-out" dates are at work and say "we can't schedule that day, honey, it's a black-out date"?

olevetonahill
4/16/2008, 10:00 PM
Um, shouldn't the guy know what the "black-out" dates are at work and say "we can't schedule that day, honey, it's a black-out date"?

No
Hes P whooped !
next question ?