PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Breakdown

Collier11
4/14/2008, 02:43 PM
I think for Us to have a successful season with a shot at the Big 12 and Natl title we need the following to happen

SB probably isnt going to throw for 36/8 again(although I hope he does), if he can give us somewhere along the lines of 26-30 with 6-10 ints we will be fine

Murray needs 20 "touches" a game atleast

Gresham needs to catch 60 passes this year at the least
JI needs about 50

Chris Brown about 8-12 carries a game

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 02:50 PM
I think if we can play like we did the first 5 games of last year (yes I know the competition sucked) and avg like 50 points a game we'll be fine. I think we can spread the ball around to more WR's and we'll be fine. I agree that DM needs to touch the ball lat least 15 times a game. I don't think we utilized him enough last year. JJ or Calhoun will get some playing time. I can't see us redshirting both of them, so the backfield will get crowded.

soonermix
4/14/2008, 02:59 PM
we won't win it all until our defense becomes great again.

oupride
4/14/2008, 03:08 PM
I think if we can play like we did the first 5 games of last year (yes I know the competition sucked) and avg like 50 points a game we'll be fine. I think we can spread the ball around to more WR's and we'll be fine. I agree that DM needs to touch the ball lat least 15 time a day. I don't think we utilized him enough last year. JJ or Calhoun will get some playing time. I can't see us redshirting both of them, so the backfield will get crowded.

Do you think the competition is that much better this year? Just curious.

Collier11
4/14/2008, 03:30 PM
Do you think the competition is that much better this year? Just curious.

NT is about the equivalent of Chatt.-pathetic

Miami is about the same as Washington, a young and upcoming team that still isnt that good but has lots of talent

Cincy is about like Tulsa but probably a little better, good Off that will test us. They were a 10 win team last yr

TCU is a good program, way better than utah st whom we played last yr and it is a revenge game

Id say this years schedule non-conf is a solid B while last yrs was a C -

soonerspudman
4/14/2008, 05:19 PM
NT is about the equivalent of Chatt.-pathetic

Miami is about the same as Washington, a young and upcoming team that still isnt that good but has lots of talent

Cincy is about like Tulsa but probably a little better, good Off that will test us. They were a 10 win team last yr

TCU is a good program, way better than utah st whom we played last yr and it is a revenge game

Id say this years schedule non-conf is a solid B while last yrs was a C -

Careful about Washington, they're about a year ahead of where Miami was/is. Also, it's a home game for them that they have circled on their calendar as a "statement" game, Miami was just trying to make a good showing on the road, Washington will be better than Miami was and they and their fans will see this as their non-conference game of the decade, it will be huge for them. And then there's the PAC-10 refs...

soonerspudman
4/14/2008, 05:22 PM
I think for Us to have a successful season with a shot at the Big 12 and Natl title we need the following to happen

SB probably isnt going to throw for 36/8 again(although I hope he does), if he can give us somewhere along the lines of 26-30 with 6-10 ints we will be fine

JI needs about 50

SB's TD total really had more to do with KW liking to throw in the red zone than lacking a running game. I'd look for similar numbers this year, especially given SB's experience, KW is more likley to give him more opportunities.

BoulderSooner79
4/14/2008, 06:03 PM

JI needs about 50

Scenes I'd like to see on offense in '08:

Become a true "pass first" offense. The O-line is a great pass blocking line but only an average run blocking line. Throw in some shorter routes to control the ball and down and distance. The opposing defense should generally expect pass.

More touches for DM as receptions - see short pass above. Wasn't DM supposed to be the next Reggie Bush?

More trap plays and delay run plays to mix in with the passes. Let the runners start with a little space against defenses expecting pass.

Hit them with the power run game after they are exhausted from pass rushing. Late in the half and especially the 4th quarter (assuming we lead or the game is close).

I think the offense can be dominate like in '03, but with more running balance. The big question is a replacement for MK to stretch the field. But in reality, offense is the fun part - any improvement in results (ie BCS bowl win) rests on the defense.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/14/2008, 07:41 PM
Scenes I'd like to see on offense in '08:

Become a true "pass first" offense. The O-line is a great pass blocking line but only an average run blocking line. Throw in some shorter routes to control the ball and down and distance. The opposing defense should generally expect pass.

More touches for DM as receptions - see short pass above. Wasn't DM supposed to be the next Reggie Bush?

More trap plays and delay run plays to mix in with the passes. Let the runners start with a little space against defenses expecting pass.

Hit them with the power run game after they are exhausted from pass rushing. Late in the half and especially the 4th quarter (assuming we lead or the game is close).

I think the offense can be dominate like in '03, but with more running balance. The big question is a replacement for MK to stretch the field. But in reality, offense is the fun part - any improvement in results (ie BCS bowl win) rests on the defense.Sounds good. You're hired!

CatfishSooner
4/14/2008, 09:11 PM
DM needs the ball 30 times a game!

SoonerDood
4/14/2008, 10:17 PM
wow 20-30 touches a game? That was way too much for AD according to some.

JLEW1818
4/15/2008, 11:15 PM
We need 3tds off of clapp.