PDA

View Full Version : Receivers

Ban One Sooner
4/13/2008, 11:45 PM
For those of you who have been able to attend spring practice and the scrimmages, how do our receivers look? I've been worried about the loss of Kelly and who will step up and draw those safeties away from Gresham and be able to make plays for us next year. I thought it would be Adron Tennell last year until he had his knee injured.

Will any of the incoming freshman potentially get playing time?

KantoSooner
4/14/2008, 12:37 AM
I should think that would depend on whether Jarboe is wearing Crimson and Cream or an orange one-piece this fall.
Any news on that front?

snp
4/14/2008, 02:30 AM
We'll be fine without Jarboe. The position group will most likely be fine without 1 incoming freshman. Nothing new to report.

Iglesias will be a seasoned veteran more than capable to step up. Broyles and Tennel will be back by fall. I think Jameel Owens will get definitely get some PT somewhere.

I wasn't too impressed at the Spring game but it's only April.

yermom
4/14/2008, 07:56 AM
i'd like to see Chaney step up again

i'm not really that worried at WR. i think SB will have plenty of targets

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 10:49 AM
I think even if they let Jarboe on campus he'll redshirt. I see Owens getting some playing time because he has the size, but I think Miller will need to add some weight. I think Chaney and Iglesias, Johnson and Broyles. If Clapp will step up at FB then we can put Eldridge more at TE and split Gresham out. I know Clapp's had a good winter and spring, so hopefully that can carry over to the fall.

stoopified
4/14/2008, 11:06 AM
What about Wilson,Caleb,Stradford?

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 11:11 AM
I just put the guys I think will be the top 4. I also left Tennell off of the list because he's had time to prove he can start and hasn't stepped up. Stradford can be a deep threat with his speed, but Wilson will get lost on the depth chart and I don't really know about Caleb.

JLEW1818
4/14/2008, 11:19 AM
Is anybody getting goosebumps for the upcoming season yet?

soonerfan28
4/14/2008, 12:11 PM
Can anybody tell me where I can find that Jameel ran 4.41 40 yard dash? It has that on his rivals page but I can't find anywhere that that has been confirmed.

VA Sooner
4/14/2008, 11:13 PM
I was worried about the receivers as well and didn't recall them making much of an impact at the Spring Game... HOWEVER... the two veterans did their thing and I think the coaches were mainly focusing on the younger receivers to see what they could do is why it seemed that the catches weren't happening. Iglesias and Johnson will be seasoned veterans and carry the load but I'd like to see who will also be there to make sure we are 4-5 deep in receivers. We have a lot of good recruits though... looking forward to the season starting.

oupride
4/15/2008, 08:12 AM
Does anyone know the status of Tennell?

shaun4411
4/15/2008, 01:56 PM
it would be cool that if everytime clapp got in the field, everyone in the stands claps once.

okiediva
4/18/2008, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know the status of Tennell?

Hes healing according to schedule..has been running on it for awhile and will be cleared to make cuts in a few weeks. He is still having trouble gaining weight.