On deck, July 29. yours truly.

TUSooner
4/11/2008, 06:36 PM
First time Taking TU 27 // OU 14 // OCU 33

First time Passing TU 25 // OU 12 // OCU 27

% Passing TU 93% // OU 86% // OCU 82%

On deck, July 29. yours truly.

You gonna kick they butt, Homey

Just show 'em some your "Good Morning" work and they'll probably let you skip it.
Is it just one day?

Okla-homey
4/11/2008, 07:21 PM
You gonna kick they butt, Homey

Just show 'em some your "Good Morning" work and they'll probably let you skip it.
Is it just one day?
two.

AlbqSooner
4/11/2008, 07:44 PM
Two, but it seems like a week. Prepare well, try to relax, and good luck to ya.

TUSooner
4/11/2008, 08:01 PM
Well I got y'all pansies whipped! :D
(As I done told Homey) the Louisiana bar exam is 3 days (M W F), and it's all essay, at least it was when put quill pen to papyrus.

I'm sure nobody's bar exam is a piece of cake. But our young lad will do fine.

StoopTroup
4/12/2008, 02:35 AM
Is it True/False or Multiple guess? :D

Okla-homey
4/12/2008, 06:47 AM
Is it True/False or Multiple guess? :D

The Multi-State portion is multiple choice. Everyone in the US takes that same days worth of multi-state questions ('cept maybe for Louisiana, I dunno what they do because they are not a common law state). The Oklahoma portion is essay. You get questions written and graded by Oklahoma Bar examiners which give you a fact pattern to which you must apply Oklahoma law to derive the applicable rules and conclusions. Closed book, no notes, no nuttin' of course.

King Crimson
4/12/2008, 06:52 AM
My pops used to be a grader for the Oklahoma Bar exam.

but, really that ain't nothing...2 days. My doctoral comps were 4 straight days of writing. 4 questions, 24 hours a pop. all symmetrical-like that. about 25-30 pages a day. sheeeeyiiiit, you try squeezing about 25 pages of blood from the stone on day 4. there ain't nothing left to say.

not to mention the 2 1/2 hour oral defense 2 weeks later. good times.

you'll get em Homey. ain't no thang.

Okla-homey
4/12/2008, 07:02 AM
My pops used to be a grader for the Oklahoma Bar exam.

but, really that ain't nothing...2 days. My doctoral comps were 4 straight days of writing. 4 questions, 24 hours a pop. all symmetrical-like that. about 25-30 pages a day. sheeeeyiiiit, you try squeezing about 25 pages of blood from the stone on day 4. there ain't nothing left to say.

not to mention the 2 1/2 hour oral defense 2 weeks later. good times.

you'll get em Homey. ain't no thang.

I'm honestly not overly fretted. See, unlike my young twenty-something classmates who are in student loan debt up to their popped-collars and have no other way to earn the money necessary to repay those loans 'cept by lawyerin'...I'm debt free. Besides, I got that righteous retired pay rolling in on the first and 15th of every month.:D

TUSooner
4/12/2008, 07:09 AM
Louisiana lawyers have to pass the mulit-state professional responsibility test (mulitple coice), but that's separate from the bar exam. But as a (the) civil law state, we don't take the multi-state common law test.

Also, being the civil law state, we do not have reciprocity with other states's bars. That basically means that if I want to practice law in rest of the USA, I have to pass another bar exam. Well, there are some exceptions, but I'm not sure of exactly what they are.

King Crimson
4/12/2008, 07:23 AM
just out of curiousity/ignorance...why does OU Law School have so few "Takers"? basically half as much as OCU and TU?

Okla-homey
4/12/2008, 07:31 AM
just out of curiousity/ignorance...why does OU Law School have so few "Takers"? basically half as much as OCU and TU?

Full-time law skool is six semesters graduating in May of the sixth semester. We and OCU also allow people to attend law skool part-time. Those folks often take seven to nine semesters to get through and graduate in December. Those are generally the ones who take the barzam in February.