StanberryWasIn
4/11/2008, 04:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3341578&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab2pos2

Jenni Carlson = still a *********

Mike Gundy = ginormous *********

That's not true!

NYC Poke
4/11/2008, 04:19 PM
I don't want to belittle or bedowngrade BR, but he comes across in that article as though he thought he deserved to start just by showing up.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2008, 04:20 PM
I don't want to belittle or bedowngrade BR, but he comes across in that article as though he thought he deserved to start just by showing up.

He was the biggest recruit you EVER signed. I wonder why he thought that?

Mudskipper
4/11/2008, 04:25 PM
it seems a little far fetched to say that gundy faked that rant...but if he did, what a jerk.....wouldn't it be funny if Reid went down to Texas Southern and lit up everyone he played against?

NYC Poke
4/11/2008, 04:37 PM
From OP (by the poster known at SF as orangekaje):

-I was upset that the media made me look like I was soft, a cry baby, and a momma's boy.

So what did you do about it?

-I cried myself to sleep, pouted, almost quit a couple of times, went through the motions at workouts, and then helped (along with my mom) contribute to an article attacking my old coach.

Good call man, that'll show 'em

mizzOUstu702
4/11/2008, 06:41 PM
My favorite part was where they said he wanted to beat "smack-talking OU"--where the hell did that come from? Again, the Sooners come off as the bad guy...

AlbqSooner
4/11/2008, 07:36 PM
My favorite part was where they said he wanted to beat "smack-talking OU"--where the hell did that come from? Again, the Sooners come off as the bad guy...

When you OU and you are playing OSU, you SHOULD be talking some smack.

kelloggOUballa
4/11/2008, 08:52 PM
Mike Gundy is a ******. And I have no doubt that Reid will light up whatever competition TSU has.

Eielson
4/11/2008, 08:57 PM
Shoot, from reading that article it seems like you would just need to stay kinda healthy to beat out Reid. It seemed like every paragraph it was talking about him getting hurt again. I thought that it was kinda crazy to put in Robinson instead of Reid in at the end of that OU game, but the next season it looked like Gundy made the right decision. I can see why Reid would be upset with Gundy, but I don't think it's quite right to make Gundy look like he's trying to make things bad for Reid.

SoonerStormchaser
4/11/2008, 09:07 PM
I thought Gumby was a ******rocket the moment that rant hit the airwaves...this merely solidifies what I already thought.

But OSU deserves him...so I'm not sympathetic to them at all!

NYC Poke
4/11/2008, 11:10 PM

We came out looking much worse, what with the catcalls at the Nebraska game (which I doubt happened). And seriously, BR admitted that he was just going through the motions in practice, why should Gundy put him in for anything other than mop-up duty?

I wish BR well, and I'm obviously far removed from the situation, but it doesn't sound like he handled the situation well. Yes, he was a big land for us when we recruited him, but there's potentiality and then there's actuality. AD was a huge land for you, but from what I hear, he worked his tail off to make himself a champion. Still does.

Ash
4/11/2008, 11:15 PM
This article confirms my suspicions.

Bobby Reid really is a momma's boy *****.

Gundy really is a fake *** ****** bag.

Carlson is a biatch but got this one right the first time. (how does this jacktard know more than Carlson, he/she wasn't there either)

Soonerus
4/12/2008, 12:12 AM
Gundy is a red bull freak...weird...

goingoneight
4/12/2008, 12:43 AM
You know how that situation should have been handled if Bobby Reid and Mike Gundy disagreed with Jenni Carlson? The same way Nate Hybl and Trent Smith pwn3d Jim Traber for running his mouth. Jim was always one to compliment Hybl for being "tough" and "getting better every week" until we lost to OSU... then it was like someone took his muzzle off and he had nothing but rude and hurtful things to say about him. He started into another one of his rants following the BIG 12 Championship win over CU and Hybl and Smith just kindly and calmly smarted off back to him. Stoops does this all the time when people cut his players or staff members down.
No doubt in my mind the "rant" was pre-mediatated. I honestly think to this day that Gundy just drank WAYYYY to much orange kool-aid during the off-season. After UGA and Troy (yes... Troy) humiliated his "Most Powerful Offense in the World," his would-be three Heisman winners and hias defense that "couldn't possibly be worse" than the 2006 unit under "guru" Beckman... he started to get frustrated with the critics. Beating Texas Tech was really an ugly game and an embarassment if you follow defense. He used it as his "I told you so" motivator.

My question... when Paul Thompson started and lost to TCU... how many fair and balanced articles were written about such an upstanding young man as PT (Hint: how many MNCs does :stunned: have in football?)? They put him down in every way you can put a guy down. Then they started accusing Stoops of being racist because we had no other black QBs. Racist? OOOkie-Dokie... that makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

What did PT and Stoops do? PT could have went crying to mama... instead he worked his azz off to help his young team get better at the risk of never playing QB again. Stoops basically told the media to "believe what you want to believe." The easiest way to tell the pundits that they don't know Jack Schitt is to take the high road and get better. Same for Brent Venables. For years now people love him when he's winning, but beat him like a rented mule whenever something goes wrong. What does he do? He takes the high road and represents himself and the university with class.

How easy would it be for PT to spend the remainder of his career trying to fire back at the media and claim the wrold was out to get him? How easy would it be for Stoops to draw up a fake speech and throw a hissy fit? How easy would it be for Lloyd Carr to rant after a season of turmoil, he beats the defending Natty Champs and Heisman trophy winnar in his final game? I guarantee you you won't see Venables puffing his chest out and throwing any hissies after the next big win sure to come in 2008.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/12/2008, 12:44 AM
"I read a Chinese proverb one time in a restaurant, and it said, 'A fool at 40 is a fool always.' "

I shall now always refer to a fortune cookie as a chinese proverb

goingoneight
4/12/2008, 12:48 AM
I also found this little gem hilarious...

The problem is, nobody realizes it. He was at a party last fall with a teammate, receiver Adarius Bowman, when two co-eds found out he and Bowman were football players at Oklahoma State.

Ummm... who doesn't know the starting QB and WR on the school's football team? :D

Flagstaffsooner
4/12/2008, 07:42 AM
Gundy is a red bull freak...weird...Uh, I think wired would be the correct term.

badger
4/12/2008, 09:26 AM
The TRUE story (not really)
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3644/bs7ta6.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6585/bs11sy7.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4454/bs12yd8.jpg
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7444/bs13er8.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5996/bs9ld3.jpg
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7505/bs10ky1.jpg

Dio
4/12/2008, 09:50 AM
My favorite part was where they said he wanted to beat "smack-talking OU"--where the hell did that come from?

Dude, it's ESPN- what'd you expect? These guys still treat us like OJ Simpson for the Brett Romar deal, but give USC a free pass for knowing their players are getting paid.

r5TPsooner
4/12/2008, 10:50 AM
Dude, it's ESPN- what'd you expect? These guys still treat us like OJ Simpson for the Brett Romar deal, but give USC a free pass for knowing their players are getting paid.

WERD!

tulsaoilerfan
4/12/2008, 01:24 PM
from what i saw of the two QB's, Zac is a helluva lot better than Bobby at QB

goingoneight
4/12/2008, 01:49 PM
It's sad he had to stick it to Gundy, really. Reid could have been a nice addition anywhere else on the field, specifically to give them depth at WR like PT did for us when Travis Wilson got hurt.

bri
4/12/2008, 03:33 PM

a) How do you make a connection between "smack-talking OU" and anything to do with the Big Red scandal?

b) What the hell does USC have to do with the conversation taking place?

I swear, you people make my head hurt sometimes. :D

ashley
4/13/2008, 10:09 AM
I saw Reid many times in high school and always questioned ths ability to become a big time thrower. He was very average passer and did most of his on the ground.
I really can't fault Gundy for anything. Lots of kids can't start and they live with it.

Dio
4/13/2008, 02:14 PM
a) How do you make a connection between "smack-talking OU" and anything to do with the Big Red scandal?

b) What the hell does USC have to do with the conversation taking place?

I swear, you people make my head hurt sometimes. :D

You can have my tin-foil hat when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands. ;)

Mixer!
4/14/2008, 10:28 AM
:les: & [hairGel] sold him a bill of goods about how he was :stunned:'s future, and he was naive enough to believe it.

BR should've gone to play for :mack: where he could've been coached up & coddled into possibly turning into VY-lite come the 2009 NFL draft.

Piware
4/14/2008, 02:22 PM

Well, why wouldn't he? The Pokes themselves said he was the next Vince Young only better. :P

boomersooner28
4/16/2008, 05:05 AM
Dude, I don't know what you all are talking about. Bobby Reid was the best QB OU ever had.

OU4LIFE
4/16/2008, 08:52 AM
it seems a little far fetched to say that gundy faked that rant...but if he did, what a jerk.....wouldn't it be funny if Reid went down to Texas Southern and lit up everyone he played against?

I'd just like to say that I was the first to post on here that it was a fake rant.

I'd also like to point out that I was right.