PDA

View Full Version : Batten down the hatches, fire up the Doppler!

Okla-homey
4/9/2008, 05:30 PM
Storms a'comin! Agin!

Ahhh...springtime in God's Promised Land!

(hey, there's gotta be some downside to sitting atop the nation's $econd large$t natural gas deposit$)

Sooner_Havok
4/9/2008, 05:32 PM
McGee street in Norman is a bloody river. I was damn lucky to not loose any of mai oxen fording that damn thing!

SoonerInKCMO
4/9/2008, 05:33 PM
God's Promised Land? He has a weird way of showing His love. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
4/9/2008, 06:05 PM
God's Promised Land? He has a weird way of showing His love. ;)

They're God's tears of joy! :cool:

Frozen Sooner
4/9/2008, 06:30 PM
It's snowing here.

In April.

!@$!%!%!

Supposed to get a foot overnight.

StormySooner-IN
4/9/2008, 07:15 PM
It better be 159% clear here tommrrow.:D I want some damn storms to reach Indy.

Stay safe and have fun Okie people....

bri
4/9/2008, 07:38 PM
Supposed to get a foot overnight.

That's what she said.

ZANG!

BudSooner
4/9/2008, 09:06 PM
I'm so ****ing sick of the damned rain but will be bitching when the weather turns hot and dry...**** it.
It just sucks when your working outside most of the damn day and HAVE TO work in the ****.

****!

bri
4/9/2008, 09:24 PM
I lucked out this evening. I had to walk across downtown from One Tech to City Hall 'cause I'd left my car there. It stopped raining as I stepped out of the BOK Tower and onto the 2nd floor pedestrian bridge across 1st and didn't start back up until I was decending the stairs at Civic Center Plaza into the parking garage.

Even God thinks I am teh awexome. :D

BudSooner
4/9/2008, 10:30 PM
God must think I suck, we had to reactivate this guys cable and the damned unit where the cable is run for the apartment complex was in an area that had so much standing water that the stuff was up past my ankles.

Then an idiot bitch decides to give me a shower driving thru a huge pool of standing water on this one street, thankfully I had rain gear on otherwise I woulda thrown a crescent wrench at the ****ing yainch.

tulsaoilerfan
4/9/2008, 11:10 PM
I don't think there were any TV programs on tonight from 7-10; what may have been a tornado hit the town of Hanna, which is about 25 miles southeast of where i am; i know quite a few people there and i hope none of them suffered any damage, but i saw a trailer that was destroyed and supposedly the high school had the roof torn off; please send some good thoughts to the people in that area

LosAngelesSooner
4/9/2008, 11:15 PM
I have no sympathy.

Why anyone would actually CHOOSE to build their houses in the middle of the world's most violent location for Tornados and Thunderstorms is beyond me! Flash floods? Flooded streets? Bowling Ball sized hail? Tornados ravaging the countryside twice a year? 100mph straight winds?!

The idiots get what they deserve in my opinion.

They should move someplace safe. But "NOOOooOOOooOO!" They've gotta live in "God's Promised Land!"

Humbug, I say.

I pity none of da fools.

;)

AlbqSooner
4/9/2008, 11:25 PM
I have no sympathy.

Why anyone would actually CHOOSE to build their houses in the middle of the world's most violent location for Tornados and Thunderstorms is beyond me! Flash floods? Flooded streets? Bowling Ball sized hail? Tornados ravaging the countryside twice a year? 100mph straight winds?!

The idiots get what they deserve in my opinion.

They should move someplace safe. But "NOOOooOOOooOO!" They've gotta live in "God's Promised Land!"

Humbug, I say.

I pity none of da fools.;)

Someone archive this for when the earthquakes, mud slides and wildfires hit SoCal - again. :D

Mjcpr
4/10/2008, 02:45 AM
I lucked out this evening. I had to walk across downtown from One Tech to City Hall 'cause I'd left my car there. It stopped raining as I stepped out of the BOK Tower and onto the 2nd floor pedestrian bridge across 1st and didn't start back up until I was decending the stairs at Civic Center Plaza into the parking garage.

Even God thinks I am teh awexome. :D

Do you work in the BOK Tower or One Tech?

And that's a hefty walk for a parking spot. :D

AllAboutThe'O'
4/10/2008, 02:50 AM
Severe hail in Fort Smith tonight.

And my car was one of the lucky recipients.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

proud gonzo
4/10/2008, 03:20 AM

Even God thinks I am teh awexome. :Dmaybe god didn't want to soil the rain with your turdiness. ever think of that?

BigRedJed
4/10/2008, 03:32 AM
Good point. Wet, dissolving turdiness is the worst.

tommieharris91
4/10/2008, 04:15 AM
I swam from Adams Hall to Cross Hall around 4:15 yesterday. It was refreshing.

LosAngelesSooner
4/10/2008, 06:01 AM
Someone archive this for when the earthquakes, mud slides and wildfires hit SoCal - again. :D
It's almost like you're catching the very intentional irony in my post. ;)

bri
4/10/2008, 06:09 AM
Do you work in the BOK Tower or One Tech?

And that's a hefty walk for a parking spot. :D

One Tech. I was running back and forth all day and ended up leaving my car at Civic Plaza and hitching a ride back to the Cube.

Today I'm in the garage here at One Tech. Much better. :D