PDA

View Full Version : Official Results of Workout

stoops the eternal pimp
4/9/2008, 04:00 PM
Interesting note:Eric Crouch threw the ball in position workouts today

from NFL.Com

» TE Joe Jon Finley (6-6 3/8, 252: Ran the 40 in 4.85 and 4.86, had a 31 ½-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 9-inch long jump, 4.16 short shuttle, 7.11 cone drill, ran position drills and kept everything else from the combine.

» WR Malcolm Kelly (6-3 7/8, 227): Ran the 40 in 4.75 and 4.68, had a 32-inch vertical jump, 9-foot, 9-inch long jump, 4.24 short shuttle, 7.00 cone drill, and ran position drills. Kelly looked very good.

» DB Reggie Smith (6-0 1/8, 192): Ran the 40 in 4.65 and 4.61, had a 39 ½-inch vertical jump, 10-foot, 9-inch long jump, 4.03 short shuttle, 6.70 cone drill, ran position drills.

» CB Marcus Walker (5-10 3/8, 194): Ran the 40 in 4.65 and 4.62, had a 37-inch vertical jump, 10-foot, 1-inch long jump, 4.10 short shuttle, 6.90 cone drill, ran position drills.

Collier11
4/9/2008, 04:02 PM
MY gawd where is our speed, I know its been said before but no wonder we cant beat the big dogs out of our conf anymore! We are slow as hell

SouthFortySooner
4/9/2008, 04:06 PM
MY gawd where is our speed, I know its been said before but no wonder we cant beat the big dogs out of our conf anymore! We are slow as hell

Keep up Collie, it was the grass/turf stuff. ;)

NormanPride
4/9/2008, 04:25 PM
Someone on another board mentioned that LSU's results were fairly similar. I think numbers are inflated coming out of high school, and the truly blazing times you see are from guys who have track experience.

Mjcpr
4/9/2008, 04:31 PM

I've been wondering the same things when these times come out.

WTF? :confused:

snp
4/9/2008, 04:43 PM
JJF added 0.05 seconds and Walker dropped 0.2 from the combine. I'm thinking it's partly the track.

Pigface1
4/9/2008, 05:47 PM
Lofton ran a 4.6x at the combine and a 4.6x at OU..

None of the times I'm hearing from today make sense, at all. :crazy:

KingDavid
4/9/2008, 05:52 PM
Kelly is faster than 4.7. Geez, Louise. Something ain't right. Did y'all see he was ****ed about having to switch from turf to grass at the last minute?

Pigface1
4/9/2008, 05:55 PM
Did y'all see he was ****ed about having to switch from turf to grass at the last minute?

Yeah.. the animal was saying Lofton ran a 4.6x on the exact same surface earlier this year, though. Weird.

Ash
4/9/2008, 08:17 PM
there should be an automatized computer timer that is tripped when the player crosses the end line.

Who knows how accurate these times are.

Shneeg11
4/9/2008, 08:47 PM
They usually are timed automatically

Ash
4/9/2008, 08:56 PM
They usually are timed automatically

Are they? The reports today were that there were a bunch of guys with stop watches and everybody had a different time.

That's why you have a spread of 4.6XX to 4.7XX being reported.

snp
4/9/2008, 09:00 PM
They're hand timed.

Ash
4/9/2008, 09:03 PM
They're hand timed.

Thanks.

I think it should be taken out of individuals hands and made more accurate and precise.

IMHO, there's an art to how people time these things, I'd like to see it become more of a science.

goingoneight
4/9/2008, 09:55 PM
Okay... so if MK is supposedly "slow," then why did he have a 15-yard cushion on Pig Brown every route? Was PB on crutches or something? because I specifically remember him and maclin being dubbed the "speedsters." I also see MK as a three-year starter who has nothing left to prove in college and only risks further injury by coming back. As much as people want to dog him, it is VERY true that a 1/4 second difference in a meaningless workout makes several millions of dollars worth of difference.

Collier11
4/9/2008, 09:57 PM
Kelly is faster than 4.7. Geez, Louise. Something ain't right. Did y'all see he was ****ed about having to switch from turf to grass at the last minute?

He ran on the same surface that is at the combine and the surface that the NFL scouts dictated...OU had no decision in it, MK needs to suck it up and make up for it rather than whining about the surface

Big Red Ron
4/9/2008, 10:59 PM
I have a hunch that JJF and MW will be the better pros out of that group. Unless, Reggie becomes a safety, then he could be special.

tulsaoilerfan
4/9/2008, 11:12 PM
I don't care what surface they ran on, those times are amazingly slow for a WR and a CB

Sooner in Tampa
4/10/2008, 12:42 AM
I don't care what surface they ran on, those times are amazingly slow for a WR and a CB
Absolutely. There is no excuse...and from what PFT.com has published...Kelly did not do himself any favors with his comments.

colleyvillesooner
4/10/2008, 03:07 AM
Absolutely. There is no excuse...and from what PFT.com has published...Kelly did not do himself any favors with is comments.

Yep:

KELLY CRITICIZES OU AFTER PRO DAY MISHAP
Posted by Mike Florio on April 9, 2008, 11:18 p.m.

Oklahoma receiver Malcolm Kelly ran a slower-than-expected time in the 40-yard dash during his Pro Day workout on Wednesday. And he’s now blowing more wind into that red flag by not taking responsibility for his so-so results.

According to the Associated Press, Kelly blamed the school for his performance, claiming that there was an unexpected change in the surface on which he ran.

“This is my life. You know what I’m saying? This ain’t no school. This ain’t no classroom. This ain’t got nothing to do with that,” Kelly said. “This has to do with me; my family. This is what I do. I play football. And I’m supposed to come out here and run as fast as I can.”

Kelly says that he’d arranged to run on an Astroturf infield at the school’s indoor track facility. Instead, he ran on FieldTurf at the Sooners’ indoor football facility.

“I already had everything set up for where I want to do it at,” Kelly said. “I get out here and it’s a whole different deal.

“People want to say surface is surface, but it’s a lot more to it than that. You have to think about how much ground time you have running on this mushy surface here and how much ground time you have on Astroturf.”

Fine, Malcolm. But what you’re missing here is that the scouts are aware of this, and so they add time when the surface is believed to be too fast. Besides, given that no NFL games are played on Astroturf and many are played on FieldTurf, it makes much more sense for prospects to run on the current generation of plastic grass.

Kelly didn’t run the 40 at the Scouting Combine, due to a lingering quad injury. The surface at the RCA Dome is FieldTurf.

As to the quad injury, Kelly also criticized the Oklahoma medical staff for not accurately diagnosing the injury.

In our view, Kelly’s childish effort to push the blame for his performance to the school that invested plenty of time and money into him isn’t the best way to persuade an NFL team to invest even more time and money. Because if/when things don’t go well for Kelly at the next level, it’s safe to say he’ll be looking to point the finger for his failures and/or frustrations at the team.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/10/2008, 03:43 AM
It looks like the Bengals are interested in him and character flaws have never stopped them from making a pick..They have a history of taking the guys nobody else will when dealing with these kinda attitudes..regardless if this is a typical behavior or not , scouts have noticed this reaction and he has put a label on himself with his reaction that isnt good

Big Red Ron
4/10/2008, 01:26 PM
Poor guy. I mean sure, he's going to be rich, to some extent, for some amount of time but some people are just too short sighted. I can't even imagine burning bridges with the University of Oklahoma, hell, Bob Stoops, Joe Castiglione, even David Boren. What an absolutely stupid thing to do.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/10/2008, 01:29 PM
If he woulda just ran and kept his mouth shut, he would still be sitting good because he was getting comparisons to Anquan Boldin anyway, who ran a 4.6something at the combine and has a similar game to MK

soonerfan28
4/16/2008, 08:58 AM
Kelly has the talent to play at the next level and he's going in with a WR class that is not that good. A few guys ran good times, but don't have the size and hands Kelly has, so I say we sit back and see where he goes. I would personally like to see Dallas take him at, I think the 22nd pick, so thank you for running slow.

SoonerTroll
4/16/2008, 10:31 AM
MK was going to run again today, has anyone heard anything about that yet? not sure when it was going to start....