sooner518
4/9/2008, 01:03 PM
Just announced live!!!!

crawfish
4/9/2008, 01:04 PM
WOOHOO!!!

sooner518
4/9/2008, 01:05 PM
he was making me nervous at the beginning of the presser (:D) because he seemed so somber. Then he just said he decided to come back for his sophomore season.
great news!

NormanPride
4/9/2008, 01:06 PM
:stunned: Oh no, we suck again! /:stunned:

:D Yay basketball!

OUSKINS
4/9/2008, 01:06 PM
Whew! BG + WW + Capel = Exciting Times at the LNC next year. :)

toast
4/9/2008, 01:08 PM
well that makes my day - next bball season should be a lot of fun.

SleestakSooner
4/9/2008, 02:48 PM
Sweet! Great news on a gloomy rain filled day in Norman Town.

soonerfan28
4/9/2008, 02:51 PM
Can't wait till next season. Anybody see that Juan Patillo is considering OU. A 6'7 swingman who can shoot from the outside.To go with what we already have or maybe we get Clark back. We still have that 1 scholly.

Blue
4/9/2008, 03:04 PM
sweet. Who will fill L2s spot? TG?

Bourbon St Sooner
4/9/2008, 03:25 PM
Great news. I'm looking forward to improving guard play next year.

IronHorseSooner
4/9/2008, 03:36 PM
Can't wait till next season. Anybody see that Juan Patillo is considering OU. A 6'7 swingman who can shoot from the outside.To go with what we already have or maybe we get Clark back. We still have that 1 scholly.

If he comes, then we will have a Memphis-like sized line-up. Either way, both players would play the 3-spot next year, beacuse we a loaded at the 4 and 5. Besides that, outside of Leary, we don't have a guard shorter than 6'-3" (AJ). This team is going to have a glut of talent and depth next year. As next season draws closer, look for this team to be hovering around the top-10. Next year's battles with UTerus should be classics.

JohnnyMack
4/9/2008, 04:59 PM
I don't believe it...

can't...be...true...

CatfishSooner
4/9/2008, 05:03 PM
F yeah!

Collier11
4/9/2008, 05:24 PM
Finally a kid gets it, if any of you saw his comments he flat out said that the millions of dollars he would make werent worth sitting on the bench watching someone else play when he could improve his game here at OU and go even higher next yr!

jccouger
4/9/2008, 06:08 PM
If any of you know BG, you would know how much he truly loves the game of basketball. He isn't in love with making lots of money (though I'm sure he would more than welcome it). Like collier said, he would rather wait a year and play here than sit the bench in the NBA.

OKC-SLC
4/9/2008, 08:15 PM
good for him.

****ty day. good news.

Ash
4/9/2008, 08:28 PM
sweet. Who will fill L2s spot? TG?

Wright, Cannon, Allen and Gerber are the other bigs coming back next year.

At 6'11 allen is the true center to take LL's spot but not sure he gets the start right away.

My guess right now is that Wright and Griffin are the starting frontcourt next year at least to begin the season.

Collier11
4/9/2008, 09:58 PM
maybe without a true center we run a little more next year...thatd be fun, especially with Warrens playmaking ability

cheezyq
4/10/2008, 04:36 AM
:stunned: "Dang cheetin gooners is probbly payen him to stay at uo" :stunned:

cheezyq
4/10/2008, 04:38 AM
Wait a second. When did I hit 500 posts and what did I waste it on? Now I gotta go back and check... :)

Mudskipper
4/10/2008, 05:29 AM
:stunned: "Dang cheetin gooners is probbly payen him to stay at uo" :stunned:

I actually heard that last night.....after I made some comment about how nice it was that baby sutton gets to be on the OSU payroll for the next 10 years

birddog
4/10/2008, 06:06 AM
thanks for coming back, blake. we all look forward to watching you carry the sooners to the final four.

cheezyq
4/10/2008, 06:17 AM
Perhaps I'm getting ahead of myself, but....

In the early 80s, Billy T. took over the OU program, and recruited an Oklahoma native who turned out to be a college star in Wayman Tisdale. Tisdale turned down an opportunity to go pro the same year that superstars like Jordan and Olajuwon, and came back to OU for his junior season.

His stardom paved the way for recruiting more star-quality talent, such as Mookie Blaylock, Stacey King, etc. That talent, along with Billy T's coaching, carries OU to a spot in the championship game, a game that OU likely should have won.

Fast-forward to today, where coach Capel takes over the OU program, and recruits another Oklahoma native who is clearly a college star in Blake Griffin. Griffin, also a potential NBA star, turns down an opportunity to go pro with the likes of Beasley, etc. and is returning to OU for his sophomore season.

His stardom paves the way for recruiting more star-quality talent, such as Willie Warren, .....<to be determined>. That talent, along with Jeff C's coaching, carries OU to.....<to be determined>......

;)

Mudskipper
4/10/2008, 08:32 AM
they say history repeats itself

soonerfan28
4/10/2008, 08:45 AM
My guess right now is that Wright and Griffin are the starting frontcourt next year at least to begin the season.

I agree with Wright and Griffin starting and how sweet it will be to have Allen, Griffin, Cannon and possibly Clark back next year coming off of the bench.

cheezyq
4/10/2008, 08:53 AM

I agree with Wright and Griffin starting and how sweet it will be to have Allen, Griffin, Cannon and possibly Clark back next year coming off of the bench.

Are you forgetting about the other Griffin? :)

Edit: never mind.

Collier11
4/10/2008, 08:56 AM
[B]possibly Clark back next year coming off of the bench.

Nothing against the guy personally but I really hope we dont take him back. Sure he is talented and Im sure a good person, but how many chances does he deserve when it comes to personal responsibility? 1st he didnt care about getting in shape and now he doesnt care about grades. JMHO!

If he comes back I will cheer him and give him props for working his way back, but I am hoping we just move on

soonerfan28
4/10/2008, 08:59 AM
Then we need to use the scholly on the Patillo kid.

Ash
4/10/2008, 09:20 AM
Then we need to use the scholly on the Patillo kid.

That would be a sweet get if Patillo decides to come here. And nothing against Clark, but Patillo is a better player and more of a scoring threat (and this team desperately needs that). I think he could be an impact player next year.

Him, Warren and Blake gives you three very talented players that can get their own shots in different ways.

Eielson
4/10/2008, 02:45 PM
That would be a sweet get if Patillo decides to come here. And nothing against Clark, but Patillo is a better player and more of a scoring threat (and this team desperately needs that). I think he could be an impact player next year.

Him, Warren and Blake gives you three very talented players that can get their own shots in different ways.

Patillo is listed as the #10 JUCO player in the nation. I don't mind adding a JUCO stud with how we've done with jucos recently.

Just checked and Cannon is #21 and Allen is #55.

soonerfan28
4/11/2008, 02:20 AM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere, so I thought I would put it on here. This is an article from Tuesday about Patillo. http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.com/story/2008/4/8/14585/55944