PDA

View Full Version : Should Self join Boone State ??

Soonerus
4/9/2008, 01:05 AM
I say no..

birddog
4/9/2008, 08:56 AM
only if he doesn't care about living in the stool for years. i lived there two years and it destroyed everything that was right in my world.

besides, he's too good for them. they need to get gillispie to carry on the sutton tradition.

OUTromBoNado
4/9/2008, 09:37 AM
I wouldn't want to work with Boone looking over my shoulder all the time.

SoonerTroll
4/9/2008, 10:02 AM
If he goes he must just want the money. I guess it just depends why he got into coaching... to be remebered or be rich....

XFollower
4/9/2008, 10:05 AM
Lead a winning tradition vs. be ruled by the losing checkbook mafia...

Short term is a pocket full of cash, long term is destined failure

To me going to pokie state is a lose, lose situation.

SoonerMom2
4/9/2008, 10:44 AM
Lead a winning tradition vs. be ruled by the losing checkbook mafia...

Short term is a pocket full of cash, long term is destined failure

To me going to pokie state is a lose, lose situation.

Exactly! Why anyone would want to take a job with Boone looking over their shoulder is beyond me!

tommieharris91
4/9/2008, 10:45 AM
Exactly! Why anyone would want to take a job with Boone looking over their shoulder is beyond me!

That powerball-type money has a lot of sway...

soonermix
4/9/2008, 10:51 AM
go back to your alma matter and get a big payday why not go back

Mad Dog Madsen
4/9/2008, 12:44 PM
Self is a great coach and could easily turn that program around IMHO. I just don't think he will no matter how much he is offered.

crawfish
4/9/2008, 12:53 PM
It's a bad situation. Nobody gets paid that much money without being put under a microscope. I wouldn't want to be in T. Boone's crosshairs...

He's getting paid well at KU, and he will be loved there now. No way should he leave.

MrJimBeam
4/9/2008, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't have a problem working for T. Boone, it's that creap Holder always hanging around I'd have issues with. I went to Holder's golf camp years ago, he's a weird dude.

Piware
4/9/2008, 01:26 PM
Heck yes - there are some places that even Naismith couldn't win at and Puke State is probably one of them but he would end up with a big wad of money.

How about this? Self takes the cash, goes back to the Stool and just hangs out for a couple years until T-Bone runs him off too. He takes the big bucks, laughs all the way to the bank ala Sean Sutton and goes back to the big time.
Granted he would have to endure a couple of years in the cesspool, try to recruit against OSU's record and reputation, put up with fan abuse and Daddy Warbucks pulling his strings but all in all, not a bad gig. :P

NYC Poke
4/9/2008, 03:42 PM
It's never going to get any better for him at KU, and they expect Final Fours every year. Self's family and his wife's family still live in OK, and that becomes more of a factor when you get to be his age. It's a lot easier to check in on the folks when they're only 45 minutes away.

Boone is 80. He might be a PITA, but realistically, he's not going to be able to be one much longer.

Collier11
4/9/2008, 03:56 PM
why is this a poll, he is not leaving Lawrence Kansas for sh*twater!

MojoRisen
4/9/2008, 04:22 PM
6 million up front and 4 million a year - would be the highest paying coaching job in the Pro's or college aside from the Lakers coach.

If it is his home town, man he would have to think about it. Clearly he is kind of dancing around and I am sure there is a scenario that would ring his bells- like 40 million garuanteed over 10 years- with a 20 million dollar buyout or something like that.

He could win at OSU- easily...

I would not want to work for T-Boone but that is a lot of cash and his hometown. The guy could build golf courses and set his family for generations to come.