PDA

View Full Version : People who abuse children or allow it to happen should have extra harsh penalties

Widescreen
4/8/2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,348055,00.html

YORK, Pa. — A 2-year-old girl died after being beaten with a video game controller by her mother's boyfriend and new charges are expected, police said Tuesday.

Darisabel Baez was pronounced dead late Monday at Hershey Medical Center, police Lt. Ron Camacho said.

The girl's mother, Neida E. Baez, 19, called for an ambulance Sunday saying her boyfriend, Harve L. Johnson, had brought the unconscious child to her, limp and wet from an attempt to revive her in a bathtub, a police affidavit said.

Johnson acknowledged beating the girl with a video game controller but did not say why, police said. Baez said Johnson had abused the girl in the past and said she heard the girl scream after Johnson beat her Sunday, according to the affidavit.

Johnson, 26, was charged with aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and other counts.

Baez was charged with endangering the welfare of a child. Detective Dana Ward said Baez was charged because she did not intervene or try to get help for Darisabel.

Camacho said that because of the girl's death new charges would be filed.

Johnson and Baez remained in custody Tuesday. His bail was set at $200,000; hers was $25,000.

Through police, family members declined requests for interviews Tuesday. Court officials said they did not know whether Johnson and Baez had lawyers to speak for them.

This kind of thing hits me really hard. When I was still in school and living at home, my parents would take my niece for a weekend here and there. At the time, my sister (my niece's mom) was married to her 2nd husband (not the girl's father). I vividly remember how, when she was about 2, she'd absolutely go hysterical and screaming when she would figure out we were taking her home. We thought it was because she enjoyed being with grandma and grandpa so much that she didn't want to go home. Later we found out the truth when she told my sister "daddy hurt". I guess the sleaze was routinely beating her up but doing it in a way that didn't leave much evidence.

I hope something really bad happens to these people. When I think of a little girl realizing that she's getting ready to get beat up and nobody (including mom) will step in, what is she supposed to do??? It breaks my heart.

yermom
4/8/2008, 03:52 PM
i'm not sure if there is a fitting punishment for this.

and mom should lose her ovaries.

SoonerStormchaser
4/8/2008, 04:08 PM
Even my guard guy at SERE said that domestic violence and child abuse should be a death penalty offense.

tommieharris91
4/8/2008, 04:35 PM
Ehh, I think the guy in this case should face the death penalty for this. I think when this kind of abuse results in a death, the childbeater/murderer should get the poison.

toast
4/8/2008, 04:41 PM
Ehh, I think the guy in this case should face the death penalty for this. I think when this kind of abuse results in a death, the childbeater/murderer should get the poison.

after serving at least six months in a federal prison with the general population, so they can go at him for awhile.

Partial Qualifier
4/8/2008, 05:04 PM
public stoning.

tommieharris91
4/8/2008, 05:29 PM
after serving at least six months in a federal prison with the general population, so they can go at him for awhile.

The years and years worth of appeals will take care of that.

MR2-Sooner86
4/8/2008, 10:06 PM
Guys who abuse their children need to have their nuts cut off with lemon juice poured on it. The women need to be choked with their own ovary tubes.

I've know a few kids from school that got hit. One of them was because his mom got involved with meth and she went to hell and took her kids with her.

It's really sad and I can't see why anybody would do that. Is it maybe because teenagers are getting kids and take their anger out on the kid for "taking their lives away"? My mom knows a guy who told his kid, "I hate you. You took my life away and after high school I was stuck with you."

soonerinabilene
4/8/2008, 10:43 PM
Dress him in a kkk outfit and drop him off in Oakland for the weekend. Send the woman to Saudi with nothing but a miniskirt to wear. After that, they can go to trial.

setem
4/8/2008, 11:42 PM
After reading A Child Called It and the Lost Boy, I really saw child abuse in a new light. Those books are about the 2nd worst case of child abuse in California history. The little boy in the book lived in hell for most of his childhood. His mother was the source of all the abuse and his father didn't have the guts to take him away. The boy's younger and older brothers were encouraged to treat him like he was slave.

He would steal food from stores because his mother wouldn't feed him and his father didnt help him. Shop owners would look the other way when we would shoplift but one store changed management and they told on him getting him in trouble with his mother. A person on his walk to school would leave him a sack lunch but his mother fixed that.

She made him clean a small bathroom with ammonia and chlorine products the when mixed together would make a toxic gas. His mother would lock him in and at one point he almost died. His voice was never the same after that.

The school found about the abuse and tried to help him. When DHS came to investigate the mother cleaned up her act just long enough to make it look like nothing was wrong. The kid never knew that was the case, he just thought things were getting better. Then after the last investigation it started again. She did horrible horrible things to him. Made him sleep in the basement and never let him have any clothes. He only wore ratty t-shirt and some shorts. He couldn't eat with the family and if he did get to eat it was scraps that the dog wouldn't even eat. She made him eat a baby diaper and even burned him on the stove. She let the his brothers beat him and treat him like crap. His younger brother was raised up thinking that abusing this kid was a good thing.

His mother never ended up doing any jail time and his father eventually left for good, telling him he would be back and things would be better. He was put into foster care and did make it out but he was screwed up forever.

He was nominated for a Pulitzer and now leads a successful life. His name is Davis Pelzer. I just read that his brother Richard wrote books about his abuse and how his brother(David) used those books to make a literary dynasty of sorts. This guy stool by and watched his other brother get treated worse than a animal. In his books he says he got the brunt of his mother's rage after the state took his brother away.

I don't like that at all.

I think whatever you do to abuse your kids should be given back 10 fold.

When bad things happen and I think about his story and think that if he made it through all that. I can make it through anything.

MR2-Sooner86
4/9/2008, 12:02 AM
His mother never ended up doing any jail time

This is the real sad problem here. A broken system. Yes child abuse is aweful but what can you do when they get away with it? Torture the parents yourself?