PDA

View Full Version : hey Mahhemphis

picasso
4/8/2008, 12:26 PM
when you're up 3 with seconds to go, foul.

your welcome.

Collier11
4/8/2008, 12:29 PM
yea since that ever works

Ash
4/8/2008, 12:34 PM
It was God's will. Calipari said so.

picasso
4/8/2008, 12:51 PM
yea since that ever works

how many times you see it tried Jack? I like my chances of catching a board off a missed second free throw or just giving up two and inbounding the ball.

r5TPsooner
4/8/2008, 01:11 PM
KU gave the game back to them in the 1st half and then Memphis returned the favor with about two minutes left in the game.

If I were Bill Self, I'd take my million(s) dollar signing bonus that he'll receive from either KU or oSu to Vegas with me real soon because he his one lucky S.O.B. today.

NormanPride
4/8/2008, 01:41 PM
Calipari said he was trying to foul, but the refs didn't call it. I couldn't tell from the play, and since the refs had been letting them play all game, you'd need to do a lot more to get a foul called in that situation.

In other words: "Nuh-uh! I was fouling! Game over I win."

Collier11
4/8/2008, 01:45 PM
how many times you see it tried Jack? I like my chances of catching a board off a missed second free throw or just giving up two and inbounding the ball.

If it works so well then how come more coaches dont do it? The reason is there are too many bad things that can happen

1) The offensive guy can get up a bs shot and get 3 free throws
2) The offensive team can get a put back or the offensive rebound and win the game
3) The chances of them making a desperation shot arent that great, sure it happens as proven last night but not very often. As I said, why dont more coaches do it if it works so well?

picasso
4/8/2008, 05:06 PM
If it works so well then how come more coaches dont do it? The reason is there are too many bad things that can happen

1) The offensive guy can get up a bs shot and get 3 free throws
2) The offensive team can get a put back or the offensive rebound and win the game
3) The chances of them making a desperation shot arent that great, sure it happens as proven last night but not very often. As I said, why dont more coaches do it if it works so well?

because they like percentages is all I can say. I would foul right off the bat myself. I wish a player would have without the coaches consent.

and, I didn't see Memphis attempt anything like that.

Collier11
4/8/2008, 05:10 PM
The main problem I see is that if you foul in the backcourt that gives them 6-8 seconds to miss, get the ball back, and get another shot up to beat you. I just feel like you see many more bat bounces to where the other team gets the ball before you would see a desperation three to tie