PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Sooner Lavender Arrested

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2008, 04:26 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/ncaa/specials/ncaa_tourney/2008/04/07/lavender.ap/index.html

Nice to know you learned your lesson in Norman. Good riddance, moran!

OUmillenium
4/8/2008, 12:05 PM
The Daily Oklahoman
From Staff and Wire Reports

CINCINNATI — Xavier point guard Drew Lavender was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and possession of marijuana.
Lavender played at Oklahoma for two years for Kelvin Sampson before leaving to get closer to his home in Ohio.

According to the police report, Lavender was drunk and disorderly after they asked him several times to move out of a street intersection.

Police said they searched Lavender and found marijuana on him.

He was released Sunday after posting $2,000 bond.

Lavender helped the Musketeers win the Atlantic 10 Conference regular-season title this season.

The team made it to the Elite Eight before losing 76-57 to UCLA in the NCAA West Regional final.

The 5-foot-7 point guard averaged 10.8 points and 4.5 assists his senior year.

A message seeking comment was left at the office of Lavender's attorney, Scott Seibel.

Xavier athletic director Mike Bobinski said the school is aware of the charges and will review the matter before deciding if disciplinary action is warranted.

r5TPsooner
4/8/2008, 01:07 PM
When I was in college I didn't have an attorney on retainer. Of course, I wasn't an idiot who went out in public drunk with drugs on me either.

I'm glad that he transferred because he was trouble from the beginning and he always thought that he was a better player than he really was.

tulsaoilerfan
4/8/2008, 09:58 PM
Was Jabari Brown with him also?

stoopified
4/9/2008, 08:11 PM
Was Jabari Brown with him also?No but Ricky Williams was. :D