PDA

View Full Version : T-town weather d00ds having a cow

Okla-homey
4/7/2008, 08:52 PM
Ginormous tstorm barreling down on the city with bowling ball size hail, horrible lightning and at least 6" of rain and the local CBS affiliate has been put on notice not to even think about interrupting this game.

Hah!

Sooner_Havok
4/7/2008, 08:55 PM
Garry would do it anyways. That's how he rolls

tulsaoilerfan
4/7/2008, 09:19 PM
Is there any better job than being an Oklahoma weatherman?

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2008, 09:22 PM
yah...once being a wannabe weatherman who's now training to be an AWACS navigator!

StoopTroup
4/7/2008, 09:53 PM
My Daughter gets freaked out everytime they come on.

bri
4/7/2008, 09:58 PM
Ginormous tstorm barreling down on the city with bowling ball size hail, horrible lightning and at least 6" of rain and the local CBS affiliate has been put on notice not to even think about interrupting this game.

Hah!

Luckily, they have the CW affiliate that they can hijack with non-stop coverage. This is why every "big three" affiliate should have a second scrub station. :D

royalfan5
4/7/2008, 10:03 PM
Why don't they just recommend everyone take shelter for a couple/three months in the spring and just call it good?

John Kochtoston
4/7/2008, 10:17 PM
Is there any better job than being an Oklahoma weatherman?

How about being the weatherman in Honolulu? You could record me in five different suits, saying "Forecast today, temperature in the mid-80s, good chance of light showers in the afternoon." Then run them for a year. Send my check to the Hawaiian Yacht Club, slip No. 34, please.:D

BudSooner
4/8/2008, 03:41 AM
Alright i'm up now, f'n storms.

BudSooner
4/8/2008, 04:58 AM
I'm still up, and have posted on most of the current threads.

Heh, DAMN YOU TRAVIS MEYER!

SleestakSooner
4/8/2008, 05:04 AM
thunder outside here in Norman now! OMG best get my arse to the basement!

BudSooner
4/8/2008, 05:22 AM
Thunder Schmunder, my yard is a. pond.

Boomer.....
4/8/2008, 07:10 AM
2 rounds of hail and thunderstorms throughout the night. I had to drive through 2 intersections of standing water on my way to work.

Mjcpr
4/8/2008, 08:26 AM
Homey will update us later after he floats his way out of south Tulsa and into his downtown orifice.

:D

rufnek05
4/8/2008, 08:26 AM
quarter size hail in alva late last night. my mom sent me a pic of the back yard covered in hail. kind of cool.

bri
4/8/2008, 09:06 PM
Homey will update us later after he floats his way out of south Tulsa and into his downtown orifice.

Downtown actually wasn't that bad.

The north side, on the other hand, was hella f*cked. I had to run out to the TPD Training Center this morning and almost everything around it was flooded. Plus, a lot of the damage from the ice storm has yet to be cleaned up out there, so it just looks like the barren wilderness. Which, you know, it is.

OU-HSV
4/8/2008, 09:26 PM
Yeah these storms were pretty bad...not so much wind at my place for once...but instead azzloads of rain and big azz hail. We had some ping pong/golf ball size hail at my house. Lots of roads flooded my whole way into work this morning. My roof vents are banged up pretty bad, gutters look a bit wavy maybe...and I'm sure my shingles are damaged some too. But by God my new patio I built held strong, and that is awesome. I got like 3 hours total sleep last night...I'm about to crash.

4/8/2008, 09:52 PM
Don't mean to make light of the situation up there, but "bowling ball size hail" cracks me up.

How freaking amazing would that be?

BudSooner
4/9/2008, 07:13 AM
There was a small down somewhere down in south Texas that received hail almost that size, it was a featured video on the weather channel a couple years ago.
Pretty amazing watching the hail knock the tiles off the family pool, then the idiot homeowner runs out to grab one...gets hit over and over again and then shows his trophy of ice to the kids.

Hillbilly.

4/9/2008, 09:09 AM
I'd totally do that.

OUTromBoNado
4/9/2008, 09:32 AM
How about being the weatherman in Honolulu? You could record me in five different suits, saying "Forecast today, temperature in the mid-80s, good chance of light showers in the afternoon." Then run them for a year. Send my check to the Hawaiian Yacht Club, slip No. 34, please.:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=430cwalf5UE