PDA

View Full Version : House hunting, moving, etc.

Tear Down This Wall
4/7/2008, 01:34 PM
Is there any way to just trust your wife to pick out a new house and be assured of a big enough garage? I'm f'n tired of being dragged around Collin and Denton county looking at houses every weekend.

Every f'n house in the DFW metroplex built past 1987 has tiny garages. It's pis*sin' me off! These homebuilders must have p*ssies, because they've totally forgotten the need for a garage.

I don't really give a flying rats tailend about kitchens, bathrooms, and all of that other non-sense. That's womanly stuff. I just want a garage big enough to put my tools and exercise equipment in, and a backyard with a decent porch or deck to grill on.

Am I asking for too much?

OUDoc
4/7/2008, 01:37 PM
No. Can't you narrow you searches online to houses with a "3 car garage" and "covered patio" to shorten the list?

Tear Down This Wall
4/7/2008, 01:40 PM
I don't want a three car garage. If I had a three car garage I'd never leave it - and my family would leave me. I want a two car garage that's big enough to hold all of my stuff - the kind my dad had when we were growing up. And, I don't want a covered patio. Just something more than a square of concrete.

olevetonahill
4/7/2008, 01:53 PM
Sit down with the Wife unit Describe In great detail what you want
Then Tell Her to get her *** out there and Find it !

OUDoc
4/7/2008, 01:54 PM
Sit down with the Wife unit Describe In great detail what you want
Then Tell Her to get her *** out there and Find it !

Or olevet's advice.

Curly Bill
4/7/2008, 01:57 PM
If you want a house in Grayson County I got one I'll give you a bargain on.

frankensooner
4/7/2008, 02:55 PM
A three car garage is a must, especially in my neighborhood. We are on the pond/greenbelt side and can't have a storage building per neigborhood rules.

shaun4411
4/7/2008, 03:04 PM
this is when having a large garage comes in handy. a friend of mine built a house with a 3,000 square foot garage. it's ridiculous. you can park 3 cars in there and play 18 holes of golf and still have room for cheerleaders and a fridge full of beer.

SoonerStormchaser
4/7/2008, 04:09 PM
I let my wife pick our house...then again, I'm totally emasculated, so that just defeats the purpose.

dw17
4/7/2008, 04:50 PM
Get a 3 car garage and close off one door . You then have a large two car garage.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/7/2008, 05:39 PM
Up here in Anna, there are a lot of houses with big garages. Just stay away from the new neighborhoods. That is if you willing to come this far north.

BudSooner
4/8/2008, 04:50 AM
Give Vet some natty, let him do the work. :D

Tear Down This Wall
4/10/2008, 04:41 AM
Sorry, I made a bitch post then went off for a couple of days. We're "wheelin' and dealin'." Pfft. Huh.

Anyway, my wife has just about killed me with her love of Frisco. To me, it's the least masculine city in the DFW Metroplex. It oozes fakeness and sameness from every street corner. Cookie-cutter house hell.

You see, my wife has friends there, you understand. The other hens. Moving there would give them ample opportunity to cackle together more often.

Listen. I'm white. White as a zesta cracker. But, some places are too white. Frisco is one of them. Yes, they have their pockets of Mexicans, which I could care less about because my wife is Mexican. But, geeze Louise...if my wife picks a house there, I may as well just turn my penis in to the Masculinity Police.

To answer a few other questions posed:

(1) Where in Grayson County - my parents are thinking of retiring close to Texoma, and

(2) Anna is fine with me, but my wife says any further than McKinney is too far north.

Look, I know this thing sound highly wife-driven, but...that's because it is! In the end, no matter how hard I huff and puff and threaten to blow the house down, I work all day and my wife stays at home with the kids. It wouldn't be right to have her in a house or neighborhood she doesn't like...even though it looks like I'll be sucking hind tit on the garage and porch end of things.

frankensooner
4/10/2008, 04:58 AM
Here is the rule I live by: Keep mama happy and you'll be happy.

Men can live anywhere, you should see some of the dumps where I have lived, but my misses likes what she likes and if I can give it to her, then it is one less thing to worry about.

soonerinabilene
4/10/2008, 05:49 AM
"if a man could **** a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldnt ever buy a home!"- Dave Chappelle

olevetonahill
4/10/2008, 11:41 AM
Go back to my 1st Post
Tell her the 2 things you want then let her go . Youll be happier !

bluedogok
4/10/2008, 01:50 PM
We looked at a new, modern style house near Lake Travis last weekend that had a 2 car garage and a one car garage like room between the 2-car and the house. It had an aluminum/glass overhead door into that part and a step up into the house. It would make a perfect shop.