PDA

View Full Version : Spring Game not televised?

oupride
4/7/2008, 08:33 AM
I am guessing since everyone thinks they know who the starting QB will be this year, there is not enough interest. Also, just happens to be the first time in several years I will not be attending and found out its not scheduled to be televised. What happened?

KantoSooner
4/7/2008, 09:22 AM
Bob has decided to install the single wing to surprise the football world come September. He doesn't want anyone to know. It'll be a shocker.

soonerboy_odanorth
4/7/2008, 09:28 AM
This thread is exactly why the football gods punish us in the BCS bowls.

nativesooner
4/7/2008, 11:39 AM
What happened?

They are ticked at us for choking off the Fiesta Bowl after they all said we'd blow WVU out of the water! :D No, ESPN's obsession with Timmy Tebag will take them to Gator country for UF's game this weekend. If it makes you feel any better, they will be televising Mizzou's spring game next weekend. Maybe we can catch Chase diggin for gold again!

Salt City Sooner
4/7/2008, 01:32 PM
ESPN offered, Stoops declined. Pretty much end of story.

adoniijahsooner
4/7/2008, 02:17 PM
i think stoops is trying to get rid of the hollywood attitude these kids had the last two years; and hiding how dominate his defensive line will be next year. When I look at the scrimmage highlights I see McCoy and company kicking the crap out of robinson and crew.

tulsaoilerfan
4/7/2008, 09:17 PM
i think stoops is trying to get rid of the hollywood attitude these kids had the last two years; and hiding how dominate his defensive line will be next year. When I look at the scrimmage highlights I see McCoy and company kicking the crap out of robinson and crew.

In all fairness it's not like the defense knows the plays and the audibles we are going to run:D

RedstickSooner
4/8/2008, 03:01 PM
With the players we've been getting at D-tackle, we *SHOULD* knock the hell out of people this year. But then again, we should've LAST year, too.

They ought to be so good they can just stand as the ball is snapped, bitch-slap the offensive lineman out of the way like a fly, then reach out one massive paw to pound the QB into the turf like he's some kind of tent peg.

Sadly, this has not been the case of late. I would, however, be rather pleased if it became the case this season.

adoniijahsooner
4/9/2008, 11:45 AM
In all fairness it's not like the defense knows the plays and the audibles we are going to run:D

That would be a great point, if the offense didnt run roughshod over the defense last year in every scrimmage with an inexperienced qb. Trust me, this defense is going to be the best in college football this year.

AZSOONER
4/9/2008, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE=oupride;2271908]I am guessing since everyone thinks they know who the starting QB will be this year, QUOTE]

I quit reading after that.:pop:

Blues1
4/9/2008, 11:57 PM
Any chance this Spring game will be on internet Radio...??

goingoneight
4/10/2008, 12:35 AM
That would be a great point, if the offense didnt run roughshod over the defense last year in every scrimmage with an inexperienced qb. Trust me, this defense is going to be the best in college football this year.

I'd put some serious vCash on that NOT being the case. All we have returning at LB is a guy who is injury prone and unproven at his new spot, and OUr secondary continues to be a revolving door that just-so-happened to lose two three-year starters in the off-season. We'll be good on D, probably the best in the BIG 12 again, but far from the best in CFB.

Sabanball
4/11/2008, 09:13 PM
It would be, but the OU fan base has to make it happen. That being said, I'm not sure how much value having the spring game televised really adds to the program. But, I think if you guys would pack the house with 80,000+ then you would get some network to pick it up, probably nationally. Our game is going to be televised on CSS live tomorrow, for the second year in a row--it's certainly not an indication of our record last season, or even expectations for the upcoming season, but rather fan interest anticipation--most folks around here think we won't duplicate last year's 92000 attendance, but most think we'll come close. I think that's the difference and why we will be on TV again this season.

stoopified
4/12/2008, 11:51 AM
ESPN offered, Stoops declined. Pretty much end of story.Speculation or fact?I think it SOUNDS like Bob but I have not heard or read this anywhere before.

bri
4/12/2008, 12:16 PM

So McCoy and company could play for West Virginia? :D

Salt City Sooner
4/12/2008, 12:42 PM
Speculation or fact?I think it SOUNDS like Bob but I have not heard or read this anywhere before.
Fact. I saw it stated in articles 2-3 different times.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/12/2008, 07:55 PM
With the players we've been getting at D-tackle, we *SHOULD* knock the hell out of people this year. But then again, we should've LAST year, too.

They ought to be so good they can just stand as the ball is snapped, bitch-slap the offensive lineman out of the way like a fly, then reach out one massive paw to pound the QB into the turf like he's some kind of tent peg.

Sadly, this has not been the case of late. I would, however, be rather pleased if it became the case this season.Very well said. The Sooners had better be in the NC game in the OB; it would make me cringe if they were to return to the Fiesta Bowl, yet again.

Sabanball
4/13/2008, 07:51 PM
Very well said. The Sooners had better be in the NC game in the OB; it would make me cringe if they were to return to the Fiesta Bowl, yet again.

I think there's a very good chance you guys will be in that game. Right now, my prediction is that it will be your team and the Georgia Bulldogs playing for all the marbles in Jan. '09.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/14/2008, 01:06 AM
I think there's a very good chance you guys will be in that game. Right now, my prediction is that it will be your team and the Georgia Bulldogs playing for all the marbles in Jan. '09.Some said OU and UGA were the best 2 teams in the country by end of season last yr. Of course, OU misinterpreted what was meant by "end of season".

bri
4/14/2008, 06:43 AM
I think there's a very good chance you guys will be in that game. Right now, my prediction is that it will be your team and the Georgia Bulldogs playing for all the marbles in Jan. '09.

God, I hope not. I don't want Georgia winning the national title. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
4/15/2008, 10:59 AM
It would be, but the OU fan base has to make it happen. That being said, I'm not sure how much value having the spring game televised really adds to the program. But, I think if you guys would pack the house with 80,000+ then you would get some network to pick it up, probably nationally. Our game is going to be televised on CSS live tomorrow, for the second year in a row--it's certainly not an indication of our record last season, or even expectations for the upcoming season, but rather fan interest anticipation--most folks around here think we won't duplicate last year's 92000 attendance, but most think we'll come close. I think that's the difference and why we will be on TV again this season.

Make it happen? Why? Whats the big deal? whether 2 people or 20,000 or 200,000 show up to spring practice, I dont see how any of that matters.

soonerfan28
4/15/2008, 01:35 PM
I would rather it not be carried by anyone and it doesn't really matter anyway. All that matters is who is playing on Jan 8, 2009.