PDA

View Full Version : Warren Theater

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 07:13 PM
Did anyone go to the new Warren Theater this weekend? I think I may go sometime this week.

LilSooner
4/6/2008, 07:22 PM
I wanna go, but I'm an old fart and refuse to go on the weekends anymore because of the youngins.

bri
4/6/2008, 07:35 PM
I think some posters went there last night. You should ask them how it was.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 08:27 PM
Was outstanding. (Except for the diner food, which was all kinds of meh. Don't eat there.) The theatre itself is absolutely gorgeous. You've got to be 21 to sit in the balcony, so no HS kids to deal with. Plus being served Guinness whilst movie going was way cool. Seating is assigned in the balcony and the seats are heated, so my tushie stayed nice and warm, and legroom is spectacular.

The Hi-Def screen is frickin' unbelievable. You could get spoiled watching it. If that's the way the industry is going, it's gonna make things tough for aging actresses. I could see every little wrinkle and furrow on Renee Zellweger's face. TV actresses are dealing with that issue right now, says my SIL the occasional soap actress.

At 18 bucks a ticket for balcony seating, plus a long, boring drive to Moore, I'm not sure it's something I'll want to do all the time, but if there's a really special movie I'm looking forward to, it'll definitely be worth the trip.

GottaHavePride
4/6/2008, 08:47 PM
When he opened the first theater in Wichita it was $3.00 a ticket if you went before 6:00 pm. Now it's up to about $7.50, I think.

yermom
4/6/2008, 09:18 PM
$18.00 is a tad high. i think it was $14.00 when i went in Wichita

but still, assigned seating and not driving all the way to OKC or Quail is teh win. not to mention the dumb kids that can't be in there

i still haven't been yet, but soon. they need better movies in the balcony theaters...

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 09:38 PM
That's exactly what I'm saying. If we're going to pay 36 bucks to go see a movie, it should be something I really, really, really want to see.

I understand the rationale that part of what we're paying for is the old-timey glamorous movie going experience though. So I'm glad the new option is there for whenever we might be looking for something to do on an evening out without the kids. But Hollywood better start churning out some better movies or we'll find a more cost effective option.

Which reminds me, the only movie that's coming out anytime soon that I'm all giddy about is Indiana Jones and the KotCS, but we'll want to take the kids to that one anyway. We'll want to make the drive to Moore just for the hi-def screen for that one though.

Dang. Seeing the trailer for that last night was just entirely too exciting. I'm a nerd.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 09:38 PM
Was outstanding. (Except for the diner food, which was all kinds of meh. Don't eat there.) The theatre itself is absolutely gorgeous. You've got to be 21 to sit in the balcony, so no HS kids to deal with. Plus being served Guinness whilst movie going was way cool. Seating is assigned in the balcony and the seats are heated, so my tushie stayed nice and warm, and legroom is spectacular.

The Hi-Def screen is frickin' unbelievable. You could get spoiled watching it. If that's the way the industry is going, it's gonna make things tough for aging actresses. I could see every little wrinkle and furrow on Renee Zellweger's face. TV actresses are dealing with that issue right now, says my SIL the occasional soap actress.

At 18 bucks a ticket for balcony seating, plus a long, boring drive to Moore, I'm not sure it's something I'll want to do all the time, but if there's a really special movie I'm looking forward to, it'll definitely be worth the trip.Look at it this way, if you get too drunk at the movies, you can just sleep in my spare bedroom like old times. ;)

I'm glad to hear it is nice. I don't see spending $18 for the high dollar seats on a regular basis, but I am glad people are driving over here to see a movie rather than the other way around.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 09:40 PM
I think some posters went there last night. You should ask them how it was.
That's why I posted the thread. Thanks. :)

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, no offense to the Moore folk, but I hate the location. (Not saying it should be in Edmond either.)

SoonerTerry
4/6/2008, 09:54 PM
How were the lines getting in?

Dio
4/6/2008, 09:54 PM
Yeah, no offense to the Moore folk, but I hate the location. (Not saying it should be in Edmond either.)

All your movie dollars are belong to us.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 09:59 PM
How were the lines getting in?

We waited until the 10:50 p.m. show so we wouldn't have to mess around with crowds. Seemed to work okay. They closed the bar halfway through the movie though, dangit.

Soonrboy
4/6/2008, 10:10 PM
do you push a button and a waiter comes? I kind of read the brochure that came in the paper today, but reading is hard, comprehension harder.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 10:10 PM
All your movie dollars are belong to us.That's nice since we haven't had a theater since about 1982.

Dio
4/6/2008, 10:16 PM
That's nice since we haven't had a theater since about 1982.

Exactly my point. And it was 84- Ghostbusters was the last movie I saw at the old Movies in Moore. Too bad Warren didn't stick a Big Ed's in there, huh?

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 10:17 PM
do you push a button and a waiter comes? I kind of read the brochure that came in the paper today, but reading is hard, comprehension harder.

Yes.

(Was that understandable enough?:P)

And they are very quiet so as not to disturb everybody. The seating and tables are arranged so that they can get get to people with causing a big commotion.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 10:27 PM
It's not that I have a problem with Moore, it's just that it would be nice if a showplace like that was more centrally located, in a place that we'd want to showcase to visitors and tourists and stuff. I understand Harkins made Bricktown impossible, but you know, surely there was somewhere... along the river maybe?

Hell, I dunno. I just hate driving that far.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 10:49 PM
It's not that I have a problem with Moore, it's just that it would be nice if a showplace like that was more centrally located, in a place that we'd want to showcase to visitors and tourists and stuff. I understand Harkins made Bricktown impossible, but you know, surely there was somewhere... along the river maybe?

Hell, I dunno. I just hate driving that far.It's funny you say that because Kaiser and I were just talking about how awesome it is for the southside to have the first theater in OKC where you don't have to bring a flask if you want to drink while you watch a movie.

Part of the location choice is because as Dio mentioned, we haven't had a theater in Moore since 1984. It would seem Warren's market research showed it as a prime location. I can see why northsiders/Edmondites wouldn't want to drive all the way over here just like I hate to make the drive to Quail Springs for a movie.

Soonerus
4/6/2008, 10:52 PM
Amazing that area of south Moore is booming now...

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 10:55 PM
I am not second-guessing the location, mind you. I'm sure Bill Warren knows perfectly well what he is doing. I'm just giving you the "If VK was Queen of the Universe" scenario.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 10:59 PM
Oh well yeah. Of course, if you were Queen of the Universe, you wouldn't have to push a button for the waiter to bring the Guinness. Each seat would have its own keg.

Dio
4/6/2008, 11:01 PM
I can see why northsiders/Edmondites wouldn't want to drive all the way over here just like I hate to drive north of Bricktown for any reason.

Fixed.

And I was actually surprised the phrase "worth the drive" wasn't in the Gazette's article about the theater.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 11:04 PM
I'm sure Dio remembers having to go to the freaking Almonte 6 or the Reding 4 to see a movie.

Dio
4/6/2008, 11:10 PM
Worse than either of those- what was the theater at 44th and Penn (or May, maybe)? That's where I saw Star Wars the first time.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 11:14 PM
Worse than either of those- what was the theater at 44th and Penn? That's where I saw Star Wars the first time.Was that the Southpark? I always thought it was weird that they had all those ****ty theaters within a 2 mile radius but we didn't have anything until Super Saver in 1986 or so.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/10/2008, 04:15 PM
I went to the Warren tonight. Unfreakingbelievable!

I swear I could count George Clooney's eyelashes the picture was so good. I did the whole balcony experience. It was ok, but not an every movie type deal.

The theatre as a whole is outstanding.