PDA

View Full Version : Best type of restaurant for a first date.

royalfan5
4/6/2008, 11:18 AM
So I have a date this week and I get to pick the place to eat. I'm trying to figure out what type is most conducive to for a successful first date. I was considering Teppanyaki but am worried that is too busy of an atmosphere. Indian doesn't seem to be that good of an idea to me. Maybe Thai? Steakhouse seems to ordinary in Nebraska. I'm not aware of a good Italian place in Lincoln. While there is good hole in the wall Mexican joints, that doesn't seem like the right atmosphere either. There is a good Greek joint though. Thoughts?

GottaHavePride
4/6/2008, 11:25 AM
Type of food is less important unless you KNOW there are certain types of food the girl won't eat.

You want a place that's moderately nice and quiet enough you can talk, but not TOO nice.

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 11:31 AM
why does indian seem bad?

kinda what GHP says, pick a place that you feel comfortable in. go from there.

edit: not in Lincoln, but i used to work for a CIA grad (culinary institute of america, not "CIA") who was the chef at a apparently pretty good Italian place in Omaha, Strada 50 or something. before he came to Denver. drive her to Omaha, she'll think your crazy.

SoonerInKCMO
4/6/2008, 11:32 AM

It'll give 'em both bad breff and they won't want to make out later. :D

royalfan5
4/6/2008, 11:33 AM

The Indian thing is just a gut feeling at this point.

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2008, 11:34 AM
Teppayaki is bad, particularly if it's a group-seating atmosphere like Benihana. Which is bad for other reasons.

What else are you doing on the date? How well do you know this girl already? Those are important questions on this one.

It's always important to remember that you've got to give yourself room to top yourself later after that first date.

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2008, 11:34 AM

Hard to stick it in her pooper if she has explosive diarrhea.

royalfan5
4/6/2008, 11:36 AM
Teppayaki is bad, particularly if it's a group-seating atmosphere like Benihana. Which is bad for other reasons.

What else are you doing on the date? How well do you know this girl already? Those are important questions on this one.

It's always important to remember that you've got to give yourself room to top yourself later after that first date.

A movie of her choosing, and not a whole lot except that she has a degree in fashion design and is working on a masters in advertising.

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 11:42 AM

i can't disagree with that. however, i don't see the necessary causal relation.

is RF going to make her order the sh*t-fire vindaloo (he's a weird sadistic bastard but i don't think he be that kind of guy--he's a Royals fan).

easily enough she orders the saag-paneer and chick peas chana masala...

a little nan.

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 11:43 AM
A movie of her choosing, and not a whole lot except that she has a degree in fashion design and is working on a masters in advertising.

see? she's got all kinds of i used read the mags as a kid in the provinces wanna be Cosmo sophistication ambitions...

she can not shoot the pooper after Indian food i'll wager.

yermom
4/6/2008, 11:47 AM

i'll leave it to the reader to google tuckermax and buttsecks

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2008, 11:47 AM

K. If you're going to the movies on a first date, I'd hit a place that's fun and relaxed. Atmosphere of the restaurant is much more important than the style of food.

If you've got a regular haunt, it's not a bad plan to go there, particularly if the servers know you. Women seem to really dig it if you go to a nicer restaurant and all the servers call you by name and like you-it shows that you're #1 a kind person and #2 kind of a big deal ;).

SoonerBOI
4/6/2008, 12:00 PM
So I have a date this week and I get to pick the place to eat. I'm trying to figure out what type is most conducive to for a successful first date. I was considering Teppanyaki but am worried that is too busy of an atmosphere. Indian doesn't seem to be that good of an idea to me. Maybe Thai? Steakhouse seems to ordinary in Nebraska. I'm not aware of a good Italian place in Lincoln. While there is good hole in the wall Mexican joints, that doesn't seem like the right atmosphere either. There is a good Greek joint though. Thoughts?

You want to impress your date, not look cheap.
Most restaurants have a variety of dishes on the menu, so you can take her to any good location you want.
Remember that she is there to be with you, not for the food.:)

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 12:08 PM
When it comes to ordering, find out what she wants, then order for her. It's a class move. And when it comes to making out, whenver possible, play side one of Led Zepplin 4.

85Sooner
4/6/2008, 12:22 PM

i did not need to hear that.

soonerboomer93
4/6/2008, 12:33 PM
McDonalds

that way, if you don't get any, you're only out a few bucks...

ywia...

soonerboomer93
4/6/2008, 12:37 PM
oh, and if she hits the play area, maybe you can spank her *** and make her call you daddy

which is bonus points :D

SoonerStormchaser
4/6/2008, 12:42 PM
benvenuttis on Main St. in dowtown Norman

OUstud
4/6/2008, 12:46 PM
Ryan's Steakhouse?

SoonerAtKU
4/6/2008, 01:23 PM
Hard to keep it in her pooper if she has explosive diarrhea.

True, so true.

crawfish
4/6/2008, 02:55 PM
When it comes to ordering, find out what she wants, then order for her. It's a class move. And when it comes to making out, whenver possible, play side one of Led Zepplin 4.

"Mama, what's side one?"

sooneron
4/6/2008, 03:28 PM
I'd vote for a quiet little Northern Italian place.

JohnnyMack
4/6/2008, 08:57 PM

Agree to disagree.

I think it's a fine place. Allows you to relax, not focus exclusively on each other and force conversation if it becomes awkward/quiet. There's always something else to watch.

Plus, you can slip the roofie in her drink easier when she's watching the chef make the "onion volcano of fire!!!".

SanJoaquinSooner
4/6/2008, 09:48 PM
Not spaghetti. too messy to eat for a first date.

Hard to go wrong with a nice Thai restaurant.

If she's a western bacon cheeseburger kind of gal, dump her.

crawfish
4/6/2008, 09:55 PM
Not spaghetti. too messy to eat for a first date.

It's probably a bit much to expect spaghetti on the first date.

olevetonahill
4/6/2008, 09:59 PM
SSCs wife took Him to Chuckie Cheese !

proud gonzo
4/6/2008, 11:12 PM
When it comes to ordering, find out what she wants, then order for her. It's a class move. .i dunno why, but that would **** me off.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/6/2008, 11:23 PM
When it comes to ordering, find out what she wants, then order for her. It's a class move. And when it comes to making out, whenver possible, play side one of Led Zepplin 4.Thank you, Mike Damone.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 11:25 PM
You youngsters today and your no seeing Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

*shakes head*
*weeps for the future*

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2008, 11:39 PM

*shakes head*
*weeps for the future*

If it helps, I laughed out loud when I read it.

Anyone who hasn't seen it won't be allowed in my country when I'm king.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 11:42 PM
If it helps, I laughed out loud when I read it.

Anyone who hasn't seen won't be allowed in my country when I'm king.

Yes thank you. My sobbing is abated somewhat.

colleyvillesooner
4/6/2008, 11:43 PM
Win.

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:49 PM
Sorry I'm not contributing a solution to the question at hand, but I did want to point out that this makes me carck up:

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:50 PM
Me getting owned by image tags. THAT's what makes me carck up.

tommieharris91
4/6/2008, 11:52 PM
Ummm... McDonalds? ;)

proud gonzo
4/6/2008, 11:52 PM

*shakes head*
*weeps for the future*never seen it. hate sean penn. meh.

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:54 PM

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:55 PM
Yep still getting owned. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:57 PM
DAMMIT TO HELL!!!

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:58 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, that's SO FUNNY!!! :mad:

BigRedJed
4/6/2008, 11:58 PM
Nevermind, carry on ppl.

tommieharris91
4/6/2008, 11:59 PM
Pad your post some more plzkthx.

GottaHavePride
4/7/2008, 12:00 AM
ok

BigRedJed
Dude, that isn't post padding. THAT is a steaming pile of fail.

GottaHavePride
GottaHavePride
padding

GottaHavePride
4/7/2008, 12:01 AM
let

GottaHavePride
me

GottaHavePride
show

GottaHavePride
u

GottaHavePride
it

tommieharris91
4/7/2008, 12:02 AM
I'm not impressed yet.

BigRedJed
4/7/2008, 12:04 AM
To be clear: GHP is post padding. I was merely sucking at internet.

GottaHavePride
4/7/2008, 12:10 AM
Rock the Fock but not the Gaylords!

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2008, 12:10 AM

*shakes head*
*weeps for the future*

Jeez, man, I MADE a Fast Times reference in your comments...

M
4/7/2008, 08:55 AM
i dunno why, but that would **** me off.

Sorry VK, gotta agree with PG on this one! :O

stoops the eternal pimp
4/7/2008, 09:45 AM
Mazzio's

Viking Kitten
4/7/2008, 10:05 AM
Sorry VK, gotta agree with PG on this one! :O

*shakes fist*

*threatens to keep M's ball*

Maybe if I referenced a fart joke from some crappy Wayans Brothers movie you kids today would get a joke?

You see, back in my day, we had this thing called vaudeville...

M
4/7/2008, 10:14 AM
i dunno why, but that would **** me off.

*shakes fist*

*threatens to keep M's ball*

Maybe if I referenced a fart joke from some crappy Wayans Brothers movie you kids today would get a joke?

You see, back in my day, we had this thing called vaudeville...

Wayans Brothers? As if!

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/DixieChickMissy/clueless.jpg

;)

soonerloyal
4/7/2008, 10:22 AM

How about, when it comes to ordering, see how she reacts to having the door held for her and pulling her chair out and sitting her first. Then find out what she wants and ask her if she'd like you to order for her.

Of course, I'd say if she's the kind that gets bent outta shape if a gentleman does that for her...at the end of the date, let the door smash her in the face as you go.

I hate women like that. They ruin it for those of us who do appreciate it.

colleyvillesooner
4/7/2008, 11:53 AM
never seen it. hate sean penn. meh.

This was before he went all SeanPenny...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/7/2008, 12:21 PM
Really, the restaurant doesn't matter. You could be at a pizza place in the mall or a fancy Italian place.

You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

royalfan5
4/7/2008, 12:40 PM
If only the second run theater/bar/restaurant was showing Fast Times currently. Then I would be in business. There would be pretty much no way to **** that up.

OUDoc
4/7/2008, 12:48 PM
Thank you, Mike Damone.

I always stick up for you. Whenever people say 'Aw, that Damone is a loudmouth' -- and they say that a lot -- I say 'You just don't know Damone.' When someone says you're an idiot, I tell them 'Damone's not an idiot. You just don't know him. 'Well, you know, Damone, maybe they do know you pretty good. And I'm just finding out.

olevetonahill
4/7/2008, 01:09 PM
How about, when it comes to ordering, see how she reacts to having the door held for her and pulling her chair out and sitting her first. Then find out what she wants and ask her if she'd like you to order for her.

Of course, I'd say if she's the kind that gets bent outta shape if a gentleman does that for her...at the end of the date, let the door smash her in the face as you go.

I hate women like that. They ruin it for those of us who do appreciate it.

So you Hate M and PG ?
Tell us more !:D

royalfan5
4/7/2008, 08:55 PM
So I think I came up with a good plan. I found a new restaurant in downtown Lincoln that has a diverse menu and good buzz. Most of the meals are 10-15 dollars. This sets up a short walk to the theater which gives more time for talking before and after the movie. (Weather permitting of course)

Frozen Sooner
4/7/2008, 09:19 PM
So I think I came up with a good plan. I found a new restaurant in downtown Lincoln that has a diverse menu and good buzz. Most of the meals are 10-15 dollars. This sets up a short walk to the theater which gives more time for talking before and after the movie. (Weather permitting of course)

Good plan.

Don't forget the UFIA.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/7/2008, 09:58 PM
Don't forget your wallet, Ratner.

Tulsa_Fireman
4/7/2008, 10:28 PM
PIITB.

Frozen Sooner
4/8/2008, 12:05 AM
PIITB.

Hence, Indian food=bad idea.

Fraggle145
4/8/2008, 01:19 AM
I was always a big fan of Sushi on the first date... Lets you know if she is adventurous, and if she has never been it is a unique experience. If she likes it double score. FWIW I hate the movies on a first date... kills the conversation, although it does give you something to talk about later. I prefer bowling that way you can evoke possible childhood memories and get a few drinks in her ;)

4/8/2008, 01:33 AM
http://www.furrs.net/images/logo.jpg

(Thumbs up to the bugeater for the Anton Chigurh avie.)

BudSooner
4/8/2008, 04:23 AM

OUDoc
4/8/2008, 08:18 AM
http://www.furrs.net/images/logo.jpg

(Thumbs up to the bugeater for the Anton Chigurh avie.)

Furr's gives out condoms?

royalfan5
4/9/2008, 05:35 PM
Well, I have a reservation for two for friday night. As a bonus, the restaurant gives a rose to female diners. I think that is nice touch. Now I just wonder what movie she will pick.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/9/2008, 09:46 PM
Well, I have a reservation for two for friday night. As a bonus, the restaurant gives a rose to female diners. I think that is nice touch. Now I just wonder what movie she will pick.Well the good thing is that the movie is right across the mall and you get a discount.

SanJoaquinSooner
4/9/2008, 10:09 PM
never seen it. hate sean penn. meh.

did you see Falcon and the Snowman?

royalfan5
4/12/2008, 01:07 AM
So it looks like my life just got substantially more interesting in the near term. At least to me anyway.

King Crimson
4/12/2008, 01:58 AM
So it looks like my life just got substantially more interesting in the near term. At least to me anyway.

so what you are saying is there will be another "recommendations" thread....

Does she work at Taco Bell?

tommieharris91
4/12/2008, 02:50 AM
Well, good for ya, and I'll wait for the gals on the board to ask the questions.

olevetonahill
4/12/2008, 02:54 AM

Does she work at Taco Bell?

Naw hes sayin . He Hopes to get laid sometime in the future !

royalfan5
4/12/2008, 10:52 AM

Does she work at Taco Bell?For a movie, she's picking the restaurant next time. Also, she's not the type of girl that would have ever worked fast food.

r5TPsooner
4/12/2008, 11:24 AM
I would have picked Hooters just to show her that I wouldn't look at other women who were wearing nothing but dental floss.

Frozen Sooner
4/12/2008, 12:14 PM
For a movie, she's picking the restaurant next time. Also, she's not the type of girl that would have ever worked fast food.

Not even in high school?

Jeez.

I suggest you take her to a showing of "Daddy Didn't Buy Everything for Everybody, Princess"

royalfan5
4/12/2008, 12:22 PM
Not even in high school?

Jeez.

I suggest you take her to a showing of "Daddy Didn't Buy Everything for Everybody, Princess"

I'll check the theater listings for next friday to see if it is in town.