PDA

View Full Version : WAYWYWLT

texas bandman
4/6/2008, 01:32 AM
Today, I was soaking in the hot tub listening to the radio. My favorite station was having a totally 80's weekend. Long story short, they played "Rock Me, Amadeus". Talk about almost blowing chunks in the hot tub. My question to you...what is the song that you wish you weren't listening to?

After we have a list, maybe one of you that are able to post a poll could find out SO's opinion for worst song of all time.

Blue
4/6/2008, 01:43 AM
Taylor Hicks- Do I Make You Proud? Soul sellout complete with Hasselhoff weaping.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 01:52 AM
I don't know who sings it and I don't know the name of the song, but there's some nausea-inducing song getting played on the radio right now that is some chick going on about how "it starts in her toes and makes her crinkle her nose and that's how love grows blah blah blah..." and everytime I hear it I immediately change the station. GACK.

Oh and... run on sentences FTW.

AllAboutThe'O'
4/6/2008, 05:58 AM
Today, I was soaking in the hot tub listening to the radio. My favorite station was having a totally 80's weekend. Long story short, they played "Rock Me, Amadeus". Talk about almost blowing chunks in the hot tub. My question to you...what is the song that you wish you weren't listening to?

After we have a list, maybe one of you that are able to post a poll could find out SO's opinion for worst song of all time.

I'm guessing you heard the shortened version of "Rock Me Amadeus," and not the long version that was heard on Falco's album. Yes, I bought the album that had "Rock Me Amadeus" on it; I was a huge mark for that song when it came out, and I also liked the follow-up, "Vienna Calling."

yermom
4/6/2008, 11:10 AM
RIP Falco

i loved that song :D

yermom
4/6/2008, 11:13 AM
I don't know who sings it and I don't know the name of the song, but there's some nausea-inducing song getting played on the radio right now that is some chick going on about how "it starts in her toes and makes her crinkle her nose and that's how love grows blah blah blah..." and everytime I hear it I immediately change the station. GACK.

Oh and... run on sentences FTW.

WkTWL-EDFFs

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 11:24 AM
See, now I actually know that the name of the song is apparently "Bubbly," and I somehow find this even more annoying.

King Crimson
4/6/2008, 11:25 AM
i'll stick with the chalk, and agree that "We built this City" is the worst "rock" song ever.

you have a band, Starship, that is two names removed from the claim that is made (we built this city on rock and roll). from Jefferson Airplane, to Jefferson Starship....exited the only real song writing talent from it--Jack Cassidy, Jorma Kaukenen, and finally Paul Kantner leaving. they lost the "Jefferson" tie.....MTV readdy/crap merchants Starship trying to take credit in the "we" for the Summer of Love/Haight Ashbury or some **** like that.

the Jefferson Airplane were pretty cool. the 2400 Fulton Street 2 disc compilation (rycodisc, maybe) set is worth the money. they were great. lot of blues inflected hippie stylings.

Jeff Starship had a couple deece tunes, "Jane". kinda rocks.

Starship, suck-a-saurus rex.

problem is there is no "we" anymore with Starship.

stuck in my head, i had Heart Shaped Box this week and some other one i can't remember, thankfully.

Viking Kitten
4/6/2008, 12:00 PM
OMG, KC. You're so right. Remember that horrible "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" song? Jebus. That was among the very worst the 80s had to offer, and to think it came from the remnants of a formerly good band always kind of depressed me.

silverwheels
4/6/2008, 02:10 PM
See, now I actually know that the name of the song is apparently "Bubbly," and I somehow find this even more annoying.

Yeah but Colbie Caillat is hawt.

I heard the cover of Michael Bublé's "Home" by country-pop loser Blake Shelton on the radio the other day. He totally ruined that song.

Frozen Sooner
4/6/2008, 02:50 PM
OMG, KC. You're so right. Remember that horrible "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" song? Jebus. That was among the very worst the 80s had to offer, and to think it came from the remnants of a formerly good band always kind of depressed me.

But Mannequin was such a great movie-how can you hate that song?